Problem Fanatec DD1 not detected properly ingame.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Exiled Scotsman, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ove.wadman

ove.wadman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    have the same problem here with the steering just not there i am glad i did not buy any content!
    will not come back until this problem is fixed...

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Did you try 2.5Comp mode?

3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Your issue is that our current controller system takes the wheel base and any ancillaries you have connected as one single package and assigns reference numbers as such. If you take one part of that package away and swap it for something else, you're no longer giving the game the hardware it expects. Just like if you unplugged your pedals and wanted to use a joystick to accelerate and brake, you wouldn't expect it to work without assigning any controls to it.
    It's working for you in CSW 2.5 mode because the game sees it as an entirely different and unrelated controller.

Luckily there is a better work around which will allow you to use it in DD mode with either wheel attached. It involves creating a duplicate of your current controller profile and editing one line inside the profile.

The first step is to navigate to

Code:
    d:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Find your controller profile, let's say
    Fanatec Podium DD1.rcs

Create a copy and rename it to something useful,for example
    Fanatec Podium DD1 GT3R.rcs

Open up the file with notepad, and make sure the first line reads the same as above (without .rcs. So:
    Name="Fanatec Podium DD1 GT3R"

Now start up the game, select the above profile and assign the key mappings for the GT3R wheel to that profile.

If you want to switch wheel bases, make sure you switch back to the other DD1 profile in game and everything will work as it was previously.

4. rme

rme New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, I will give this a try.

However as far as I know I already tried to delete all profiles from within the game and created a new profile for the DD1 with Porsche GT3 R (with PBME) steering wheel. When you check the settings after creating the profile I had a look at LEFT and RIGHT (for steering). It said NOT CONNECTED. I could press the icon to delete that, but then it does not take the input for left and right steering. It takes the input for throttle / brake, but not for left and right steering.
    When I close the game and set my DD1 in CSW 2.5 mode, then it will take the input for left and right steering.

What am I doing wrong ? I have V373 beta driver and everything has been updated using this driver.

5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    My issue was two "disconnected" values in the default controller files. Steering left and right. They were the only assigned controls in the default profiles. I edited the two rcs-files to briefly unset the read-only flag, mapped steering left and right correctly, and then reset the read-only flag. Problem solved.

(It didn't matter much, as everything worked properly, but it was nice to get rid of the red flagged "disconnected" default devices.)

6. ove.wadman

ove.wadman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i am not a computer guy here so what do you mean when u say that u put the wheel in csw 2,5 mode ?
    this is suppose to be easy but if u dont are fammiliare to computers and have to move or change files i am just out of it i am sorry i am a newbie here but a big race fan and i am doing alot of i racing right now but want to try something else,,,

7. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    On my wheel (formula carbon) I just press two buttons to switch between the modes. It was written in the folder I got with the wheel so check yours.

8. Cobra_AUT

Cobra_AUT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    i received my DD1 last Friday and installed driver 381. Then I updated the base and motor firmware. In R3E i selected *Fanatec Podium DD1 Alternative*, assigned buttons etc. and everything works fine.

Greetings

9. ove.wadman

ove.wadman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have the dd1 and all the latest in the computer here but still the issue remains...it is a pitty that u cant try this sim beacuse of a 2004 problem... please help out then u talk about some fixes but this is a problem on this site not on my gear it works fine with any other sim...

10. Killerz_Haulin

Killerz_Haulin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok got it mostly work but i cant assign steering axis with my porche 918 rsr steering wheel

11. Killerz_Haulin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FOUND SOLUTION

1. Take wheel off base
    2. Start the game make sure dd1 or dd2 or any Fanatec Wheel base says PC MODE
    3. Go into controller settings to verify there's NO RED WORDS
    4. Finish setup your wheel in ADVANCE TAB and FFB TAB
    5. SAVE YOUR WHEEL SETUP and change it to your wheel you using to make things simpler

LAUNCHING GAME AFTER IT ALL SETUP WHEN YOU SAVE PROFILES
    1. TAKE WHEEL OFF the base
    2. Start your game in PC MODE
    3. PUT Wheel back on
    4. Select your new saved profile
    5. ENJOY

12. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This worked. Thanks!

Dev's - can we get a response here?

13. Killerz_Haulin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    glad it helps

14. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So I'm trying to load the game again this evening and it appears this solution offered needs to be done every time? Pretty much don't want to race this sim because of this bug.

DEV'S - CAN WE GET A SOLUTION PLEASE?

15. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New to RaceRoom (though bought premium packet since I want to take things serious :)
    Fanatec CSL ELite PC/PS with Formula V1 and V3 Pedals
    HP Reverb G2 VR setup

actual fun and status: negative

I spent the whole day to get RR recognize my Fanatec setup and to understand the games profile setup mechanism and failed.

Really this is no ! fun. As other customers already said that other games have no issues here at all. I could even make Asetto recognize a 12 year old Fanatec GT wheel.

I am now really fed up. The game says it cannot detect my wheelbase nor wheel nor pedals. It sees in a certain way that they are connected but says they are not! Cleary, as above screenshots from other users tell.
    The switching to CSW mode as solution has not been confirmed by a developer and I do not know what to do. I tried to set up a vanilla custom profile but I cannot make the game the steering axis.?!
    Why the heck can you please not add working profiles for a product that still costs nearly 100 EURO and I made sure before buying that you still take care of it via updates?
    People, your customers, are crying about this since a year?

Please, give me a clear how to so I can start driving Raceroom.

thank you

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    A few things
    Google diview , download it ,
    Go into steam , settings, controllers and make sure that if any of your controllers, are registered if so deselect them
    Run diview , you will need to make sure all inputs are registering

Start the game
    Options
    Controllers
    Click the fanatec profile
    Edit stuff
    So double click left, turn the wheel left
    Continue for right and other keybinds

Does this work

Andi

17. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I got it working, I think. At least I could do some fine races yesterday :)

I loaded DVIEW and followed the suggestion to deregister all controllers in steam despite the fact I hope that this wasn't needed (since I play other games via steam and also NVIDIA SHIELD streaming, I need some BT controllers for this...).

And then I created a custom profile as I tried before and had no luck. Then I had the idea to steer the wheel to its total extend when registering left/right steering in RR. This was I did not before. I just went the half or less way and it is essential to go the full length. At least in my case!
    I will check later if I have to constrain this in degree or so in RR for a proper steering feeling.

I then had issues that my Fanatec pedals V3 were not seen as connected by RR. this might be due to the fact I have them connected to my wheelbase and not directly to the PC. I will have to see if they are still being recognized by RR when I return home today :)

Else I will have a look at the profile configs and try to do the old write protect tricks in windows explorer. I hope this is not needed.

Yesterday I was struggling a bit to choose the most necessary button mappings with the few buttons I have on my Fanatec Formula V1 and which button works as "escape" or "back" in RR's menus since it is a bit dull to move always the mouse with the thumb emulator on the wheel to the proper button on the GUI of RR menus.

18. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello/Hallo

I had could now solve the "not detected" message finally.
    I backuped, deleted my profiles and started the game in order to create a new profile. Raceroom notified me that there is hardware connected but no profile or so and that I shall create one. So I did. While doing so I am asked if I am going to set up a wheel(base)/gamepad/other

Of course I choose wheel(base), since my pedals are connected directly to it and there is no option to choose pedals. But this leeds to the error message!
    When I choose "other" hardware and assign/map all I need (wheel and pedals) then all is fine and there is no error message about missing or not connected hardware!

ich hatte ebenfalls damit zu kämpfen und habe eben alle Profile gesichert, gelöscht und das Spiel neu gestartet. Ich wurde aufgefordert ein neues Profil zu erstellen. Es steht dann irgendwann zur Auswahl: Lenker, gampad oder anderes zu wählen.

Ich nutze eine CSL Elite V1 mit Pedals V3 und hatte das selbe Problem wie oben beschrieben, wenn ich Wheelbase/Lenker auswählte. Wenn ich aber "anderes" auswähle und dann alles (Lenkrad und Pedale) zuordne, dann ! verschwand die Fehlermeldung [​IMG]

LG
    Boris

19. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Alex- Is there any updates on this? I'd really like to use my DD1 NOT in Comp V2.5 mode. It's plug and play in every other sim/game except this.

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Im not going to dig through all of the back posts , so can you give me your full system specs , gpu,cpu,ram os , all hardware ,wheelbase , rim , pedals (usb or direct to wheel , ) shifters etc

When you fire the game up with ythe dd1 in its non 2.5 mode and go to controllers , what do you do and what happens when you do it , a short video of a screen grab would be useful ....

Andi