GT3 Physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScoPi, Dec 7, 2020.

1. ScoPi

ScoPi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't find any discussion after looking around a bit.

Most of the members of the rather large community I regularly race with suggest that GTR3 physics went horribly awry when the "big" physics update came out last year. I guess I haven't noticed that, but they're all pretty insistent that this is the case to the point where ACC has become the preferred sim for any GT3 racing. Is this a known issue that Sector 3 is looking at?

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    There are some changes planned for december update. Cant tell you more, since you didnt provide any specific issues :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I love the GT3 cars in Raceroom so now I'm a bit scared of those changes :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    What we know is that a new version of tyre physics (4.1) with improved behaviour at the grip limit is due for GT3 (and probably others). So far I have not seen any official confirmation about this, but it's somewhat "commonly known" to be part of the December update. I hope this is true and that with this a new iteration of BoP comes along, bringing the more "classic" GT3s up to pace again. Another option would be to put the older GT3s into their own class to not have to BoP them with the more recent ones anymore. I just wouldn't like to see this as this would make the older GT3s practically obsolete because nobody would race them anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    As long as they get rid of the iRansom slide, I'll be happy.
    The GTR3 Audi is a shit show, drove it yesterday and rage quit after half a lap, have not done that for years. I'd swear an old setup has got stuck as it was impossible to go round a corner without 360ing it, was if it had shopping trolley wheels on the back. No matter what I do it remains undriveable. Seriously considering uninstalling the lot Wednesday morning and waiting for the update and install again afresh, having so many niggling issues again. One minute 170fps the next 36fps, some cars fine, others from same series I get handling issues, it feels so much like using an old setup but I know at my end its not and of course I just happen to own a Thrustmaster wheel so FFB is total pants lately, kerbs try to break my wrists although the canned kerb affect is at 0 and running across the outfield is like being nunchucked. Well don't go on the outfield I hear you cry, then ban arseholes from entering the servers dear Lisa, as 90% of the time it's because I've been rear ended or caressed off the track by an imbecile. I'm stuck in bloody Groundhog day with the ranked servers as it is, get my head above 75, get whacked, back to rookies, back to above 75, get whacked, back to rookies, it's losing its draw with me I must admit, nothing worse than being twatted by a twat and then get stuck in the kitty syrup for 10 minutes, wallowing around like an arse. Jeez I swear this is supposed to be fun!!

6. ScoPi

ScoPi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

7. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I was fast with the Audi, but can't drive it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I dont like gt3 physics in ACC. There is no challenge, it fells like glued to the road and even 6 years old would be good with ACC driving. RE3 is not perfect but at least I can get some andrenaline rush and challenge that make overall exiting event. At times it can be a bit loose but its belivable and that is the main thing. Even iRacing feels better that ACC gt3 but a bit less forgiving than R3E. Just my two cents.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Audi works great for me, nothong to complain.
    And as i drove the GT3 a little in ranked i had a blast, with them. normally im not a huge fan of GT3 to drive in sims (its too common:p), but it was fun. Will repeat.

10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm definitely starting to believe some of the cars in my garage are using old physics/setups, I was in the GTR3 Beemer and received the ritualistic rear ending at turn 1, taking 2 clicks of suspension damage as a consequence, yet that broken Beemer drove so much better than the Audi I was driving earlier in the day, it maketh no sense at all. I always dump all relevant setups post update, so am bemused as to why this maybe so. Time to uninstall, wipe and start again after the next update, too many weird anomalies occurring.

11. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    You should also consider wiping your head clean from all negative thoughts and start fresh with an open mind.

I do that whenever everything in my life is just plain wrong. Can happen to the best among us. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yea must be a weird bug. The audi is nimble as it should be, but far from undriveable. shure you cant hammer on the throttle like in an porsche, but i think you know that. uninstall, wait, repeat.

13. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I spend hours and hours on ACC, but I still prefer Raceroom in terms of physics.
    Before last December big physics update, Raceroom GT3 cars are like driving on rails, the Porsche understeer too much, WTCR excessive lift off oversteering at high speed..

ACC force feedback needs is too vague, many details fail to shown, such as gear shift, understeering, kerbs. In real world term, I call ACC is more like driving electric steering nowadays in road cars, and Raceroom is like driving with no power steering wheel like in 80s or 90s road cars. If you also look at the force feedback menu of ACC compared to Raceroom, a lot more options in Raceroom

This is my main reason of me giving up ACC

Another thing don't like ACC is their kerb behaviour, when you hit a higher kerb, it just "bang" sound. Raceroom will cause your car to become unstable. Raceroom is using KW suspension physics data, so far, I cannot fault it.

Raceroom physics is developed by Alex, which himself a race driver

At last, both sims will continue to evolve and who knows the future..

In terms of driving experience with the same car, I think both sims are similar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I actually put R3E,AMS2 and RF2 GT3 cars ahead of ACC GT3 which is slap in the face to ACC considering all other sims offer so much more than GT3 and GT4.
    ACC FFB is really poor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    BOP - BMW M6 GT3 - slight reduction of torque

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    My ACC experience is 450 hours. Everything was fine until I bought RRE (temporarily out of play due to problems with FFB, but now its ok) and RF2.
    ACC is like driving on rails in some cases, driving on ice in others. But most of all I don't like the inertia like the car weighs 5 tons.

Yes, some drivers have said that ACC is very similar to the real experience, but they say that about every simulator. Except for AMS2. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't it be the other way around? If they had their own class, let's say "GTR3 Legacy", you could race them against each other without competing with newer, faster cars.

18. ISRTV

ISRTV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You spot on! I dont even waste my time with those crap cars, i used to love them now they are just piss poor.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    True, but the whole point of real life GT3 (and LMP2) is to allow people to make a one time investment in a car and know they can still run it competitively years later thanks to the BOP. and restrictions on maor evolutions Of course, every year you have to go and pay for some evo aero pack that they fit but the basic chassis, engine and body are the same. This is one of the reasons why the Gt3 series have resisted the crises and still have very full grids. Look at the mess WEC would be in if they didn´t have the LMP2 fixed spec and GTE AM 1 year old cars - they would have a grid of 7 cars!

If you make more classes with such a low player base, it just makes the grids smaller as not everyone has the newest content. For example, if I have the Pro Pack costing 50 euros, I still can´t race in a WTCR19 or ADAC18 only room despite hacing all the WTCR18s and recent GT3Rs which have the same performance.

I like to be able to race a variety of cars with their own characteristics but the M6 was making a mockery of the class with its dragster like acceleration out of slow corners whilst still having good braking, grip and aero - unlike the Mustang or Camaro.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the track and driving style and that´s how it should be. I think the Camaro has the fastest leaderboard times on the Daytona oval, for instance and my impression is that with tyres 4.1 the cars are more equal. I´ve seen people win or be competitive in high level lobbies with older cars like the Z4, RUF and even Ford GT but on a longer track with a range of fast and slow sections like Spa or NS then the newer cars do tend to be quicker and or at least easier to manage over a race distance.