Resolved Logitech G29 FFB issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Man Machine Toni, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Man Machine Toni

Man Machine Toni New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

Today I bought a G29 and I'm having a big headache trying to set it up properly for my PC.
    My biggest problem is that the force feedback is almost non-existent. There is an amount of resistance in the wheel, but even if I'm driving in a straight line, a slow corner or a fast corner, I have the same linear feeling in the wheel. Kerbs are just fine, I can feel them, but lock-ups and grip loss, for example, I can't.
    I have G Hub installed. The software detected the wheel without any problem. But after a while, without making any changes, the pedals started to act funny (the accelerator was like stuck at 100% even though I was barely touching the pedal. Note: in F1 2017 this problem didn't occured, only in R3E), so I decided to install Logitech Gaming Software (version 9.02.65). The problem with the pedals was gone, but the FFB remained the same. Worse still, after installing LGS, the option to calibrate the wheel is greyed out (as you can see in the images below).
    Notes:
    1. In LGS I have created a profile for R3E. I have also ticked the box `Allow game to adjust force settings`.
    2. FFB in-game is turned on, gamepad rumble turned off.
    I'm running out of ideas, so any help will be much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

P.S. Does anyone have problems with G Hub? From what I've read, it's not the most loved software in the world...

Attached Files:

2. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I just got a g920 I found ghub ok its setting up on raceroom is my biggest issue

3. Man Machine Toni

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's what I'm trying to figure out right now, if it's a problem with the software, with the wheel or if it's Steam related (I've checked Settings -> Controller -> General controller settings, and my G29 is not detected).
    Today I turned off FFB in-game and drove a few laps, then turned it back on but the feeling was the same as yesterday.

Attached Files:

4. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  5. Man Machine Toni

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've read them both, they provide useful information, but unfourtanetly I've already tried a lot that was written over there. Perhaps I should reinstall the wheel and G Hub, redo the wheel profile in R3E and give it another go, maybe I'm missing something.

LATER EDIT: Don't know if it's relevant or not, but this is what the calibration process looks like when I boot the PC:

(The wheel is connected to a USB 2.0 port.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  6. RacerMark

RacerMark Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Man Machine Toni

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will give it a try.

8. Man Machine Toni

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @RacerMark
    So I've basically started from scratch: uninstalled the wheel from the PC, then uninstalled both G HUB & LGS v. 9.02.65. Rebooted, deleted the G29 custom profile in R3E, then installed the LGS version you suggested (important: I'm still unable to calibrate the wheel from Control Panel). Created a profile for R3E, then another one in-game, but still no signs of FFB. The resistance in the wheel is even weaker and now I can't feel the kerbs anymore; even the rev lights aren't working. I've tried this in F1 2017 and the results are the same. Steam still doesen't detect the wheel.
    In the meantime I've contacted Logitech about this whole story because I honestly have no idea what to do next... :( They better have a solution.

9. Man Machine Toni

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It works!
    What I did was uninstall (again) LGS, but this time with Geek Uninstaller (https://geekuninstaller.com/) - it uninstalls not only the selected program, but also the traces it leaves behind. That was the key. Then the usual: reboot, uninstall the wheel, install G HUB, reboot, reconnect the wheel, create custom profiles in G HUB and FFB works. (I cannot use the calibration function in Control Panel, though. Oh well...)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Racing(1)Nalu

Racing(1)Nalu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I really feel identified with your g29 problem, I don't have ffb, I'm going to try your method, sorry, I'm using translator

11. Racing(1)Nalu

Racing(1)Nalu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "David tabone, publicación: 213172, miembro: 26080"] Acabo de recibir un g920 Encontré que ghub está bien, su configuración en Raceroom es mi mayor problema [/ QUOTE]
    look for ddf on Youtube that contains a configuration for logitech g29 and it works great