Problem Lost all FFB - T300RS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chip Adams, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had been experimenting with the Throttle Upper and Lower Dead Zones and it ultimately could not be adjusted to original setting. I kept doing 360s on any acceleration. After a long period of working with it I tried to correct by blowing out my settings and starting over. I found the default profile and Edited Assignments. The car stopped doing 360s but I lost all FFB. I've tried many times now to bring it back in the Force Feedback menu, but nothing. The problem only applies to RRE. The wheel works perfectly in rFactor2. I feel like this is a simple problem to fix, but nothing I do seems to work. Any ideas?

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Sounds to me like you set up your deadzones so close to each other that you have turned your throttle into a digital-like input. But since you have thrown it away anyway, we don't need to worry about this anymore...

Have you tried the FFB-meter in cockpit to see if the sim produces any FFB in the first place?

3. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, where is the cockpit? Sorry to seem so unaware, but the only controls I know about are in Options in RRE and then Advanced Settings - FFB. Don't know if you saw my comment that the T300RS works perfectly in rFactor2. It's only RRE that it doesn't work. It goes through the calibration process at start-up and I can be on the track with steering and pedal input, just no feedback.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    try deleting raceroom folder in My Documents (after backing it up)

5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    RRRE64 5-12-2020 06-33-40-839.png

6. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank for the detail. I assigned a key, but I have just a horizontal line. I guess proving that I have no FFB. I saw the recommendation about deleting the raceroom folder in my documents, but I really wouldn't know where to go from there. Is there any Hotline assistance that you're aware of that can access remotely and do what needs to be done. I'm sure all I have to do is somehow reestablish the link between wheel and game. Or if I had step-by-step directions for deleting files and re-installing them I could try that. I just don't want to make it worse than it already is. Thanks.

7. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    No, there is no "hotline assistance". This one actually made me chuckle a bit... ;)

Just navigate to this folder:

..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

This folder contains all your game settings. Graphics, sound, setups, replays and control settings. And stuff...

Then rename it to "RaceRoom Racing Experience backup" or something similar - doesn't really matter as long as you change the name so the game doesn't see your settings anymore.

Then start the game. The game will create a new folder from scratch in the process and you will have to redo all your settings as you are back to all defaults. See if your wheel is now recognized correctly again.

In case this was successful you can copy stuff like your setups and replays back from the backup folder to the newly created one so you get them back.

In case this was not successful you might want to upload screenshots of all your advanced and force feedback settings here so we could take a look at it. Maybe we can see something wrong.

As long as you don't delete the original folder you don't lose anything. You can always copy it back in place, so the worst thing that can happen is that you are back to where you started... :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I realized I might get a chuckle or two on the hotline thing, but had to check!

You are my new best friend:D! That fixed it - all of your detailed instruction. Had to do it a couple times, but it's good to go. I've restored most everything to what I had before I blew it up. I used to get more road feel on a straightaway and can't seem to find the right setting for that, but I can live with it. If you know what setting that would be, I'll take it.

Thanks a ton for your help! Btw you're awesome on King of Queens. Keep it up!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
  10. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Meant to thank you for your help. Been traveling. As soon as I'm over my near disaster with the loss of FFB, I'll try loading up the file. Thanks again for the great help! Happy New Year!