Problem FANATEC CSL Elite wheel base & LC Pedals Missing and Activated at the same time.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kebs, Dec 12, 2020.

1. kebs

kebs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I got myself a Fanatec CSL Elite F1 bundle and it works in every other sim just fine, but when i launch R3E It shows the device both as connected and as missing.

I looked at some other threads and people seem to be having the same problem with DD1's etc.
    I Tried launching the game as an administrator and i tried going over to MyGames>SimBin>Raceroom Racing Experience>userdata>controlset and deleting the file... but nothing worked...
    Also when i switch it between PC & PS4 Modes while ingame it shows "Device connected" but yet the same problem still occurs.

I can map my button binds just fine but i can't see my wheel rotating or the pedals working in the settings and the FFB Options menu is gray for me...

This matter is quite urgent since i have a project that i have to do with raceroom in a few weeks time,so is there anything i could try out to get this fixed?

Kind regards,
    Oscar.

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Do you have the pedals connected via USB or directly to the wheel base?

3. kebs

kebs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have them connected directly to the wheel base, since i don't have the loadcell.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, since you said "LC pedals" on the subject I thought you had them but they were not recognised.

5. kebs

kebs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah sorry about that, i have the regular pedals that come with the F1 Bundle... And it showing both the base and the pedals as missing and as connected at the same time pretty much...

6. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting this as well.
    Previously had a CSL PS4 plus pedals attached (tried botht he USB dongle and direct tothe wheel base) and always had the 'device missing' message.

I've removed the pedals entirely and upgraded to HE Sprint, but still getting the message; I've been through the assignments, but nothing obvious there.

Any suggestions?

7. Alexandros Annivas

Alexandros Annivas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think you are getting the device missing because there are already recognized in game from the developers and already had assigned buttons most probably with different wheels . If you change the ALL the pre-existing assigned buttons and save as your own profile I think the message will go away. This is what worked for me on my DD1 and Porsche PBME wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just so I'm clear, did you change the bindings to different keys, or just re-assign them?

9. Alexandros Annivas

Alexandros Annivas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Some I have changed. Some I re-assigned. Because on each wheel, in the electronics (inside the wheel) they have different name and different allocation. Another button is considered a button 1 in the F1 wheel, another button is considered as button 1 in the PBME. So I guess it is showing as missing because the system cannot find it.

I don't remember though what I did with the buttons that were shown as missing or NONE.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion Alexandros but no joy; replaced all key bindings, deleted then replaced keybindings but the game still carries the 'missing device' message.

This is ridiculous, and driving me to absolute distraction.

Is there a JSON or xml where I can edit this s*** out?

11. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok I think I've found the fix, specifically for the CSL Pedals issue, but the principle should carry over.

Go to \My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet, (make a backup of your control set) then open the original control set with Notepad++ or something; in my case my control set was 'ffs'.

You must make sure that the pedals you WILL be using are configured; in my case they are HE Sprints.

Run a search for 'DeviceName[' (no quotes) until you find the entry for the "Fanatec pedals", it will look similar to the following:

DeviceName[01]="FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC"
    DeviceId[01]="(1644433079, -1, -1, 0)"
    Axis [01, 00] Dead Zone="0.0"
    Axis [01, 00] Sensitivity="0.5"
    Axis [01, 00] Center="0.5"
    Axis [01, 00] Range="1.0"

Now run the same search until you find your pedals, eg;

DeviceName[02]="HE Sprints"
    DeviceId[02]="(268513463, -1, -1, 0)"
    Axis [02, 00] Dead Zone="0.0"
    Axis [02, 00] Sensitivity="0.5"
    Axis [02, 00] Center="0.5"
    Axis [02, 00] Range="1.0"

In the following,
    DeviceName[01]="FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC" replace
    "FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC" with "anything you want" - do NOT change DeviceName[01]=, leave that part alone.

Now do the same with DeviceId, so
    DeviceId[01]="(1644433079, -1, -1, 0)" (the Fanatec pedal setting), becomes
    DeviceId[01]=
    "(268513463, -1, -1, 0)" (the HE Sprint setting).

My before and after is:

Before:
    DeviceName[01]="FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC"
    DeviceId[01]="(1644433079, -1, -1, 0)"

After:
    DeviceName[01]="HE Sprints"
    DeviceId[01]=
    "(268513463, -1, -1, 0)"

Save the file then load the game; you'll likely have to setup gas/brake/clutch but that's it, you should be good to go.

12. Enrik

Enrik Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Many people has CSL pedals problem (missing device). Hope in a correction patch by the devs.