Triple Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audax, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Audax

Audax New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven’t seen any info on this topic and it would have helped me out, so I thought I would share.

I’m running triple 1080p monitors with an ASUS GTX 1650S 4 GB. It works and is sometimes great, but it too frequently will drop below 60fps run at the native 1920x1080 resolutions. I kept turning settings down to get solid fps. GPU was maxed out in both RAM and processor.

After some digging, I found a utility called CRU - Custom Resolution Utility. This allowed me to get R3E running at 1600x900 on all three screens 4800x 900. This is a 30% reduction in the work needed by the GPU. I’m back up to stable 60fps with most settings back up to high, including the 1 at end of the launch command that fixes all the banner flashing in the side monitors.

I accept that the resolution does impact image quality, but I think it is a good option short of a new graphics card.

Maybe this is old news, but the 4800x900 res was never listed as an option in R3E until I used the CRU utility.

Happy Racing!
    Audax

2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    One thing I looked into was the settings in Windows as how it manages the CPU. I was constantly getting about 50% CPU usage and this was affecting the GPU as it only was chugging along at around 60%. I set Windows to optimize the hardware for maximum performance and that gave the system the kick in the pants it needed to utilize the CPU and GPU resulting in better frame rates.
    The CPU now is working much harder at 90%+ and the GPU is at 100%, temps on both seem to be in the low 70's. With some help from my friends at RD and the MSI Afterburner to diagnose the issue.