Released Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 8, 2020.

1. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thanks!

2. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I cant even describe how excited I am for this. Maybe it is just the angle of the image but the scale of the wheels seems too big. These cars ran a 13 inch wheel but in that first image it looks like a 15 or bigger. The on track pics look right though so I am sure its just the picture. Its funny that this thread keeps referring to it as a "slow" car. 200hp and sub 2000lb weight seems like it will move along just fine! Thanks to R3E for this.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    That's not officially confirmed.

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Of course, it's in the liveries pack. I especially requested that one :D, aswell as the Viviane Bonnardel livery (#302), because she played an important role in this release ;)

• Like Like x 4
  5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Pictures dont work again :D Different icon tho, type of stop/blocked sign

6. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    This time, there's nothing I can do. Pretty sure it's related to the problems that Google services encountered today (pics are hosted in Google Photos). Should be fixed soon ;)

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Linking images from Google Photos doesn't really work. I tried the same recently on another forum and used several howtos I found on the interwebs. Sometimes it works for a short time but then the link is dead. As far as I understood Google Photos is not actually meant to work like this, thus it doesn't. Flickr works if you do it right or probably some random image uploader like imgur. In the case of this very forum you could also just upload the images directly into your posting. Not allowed everywhere, but here it is.

8. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Of course but I'm happy to race with the Sirocco, that is just one of my favorite period of racing cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I think the '76 and before ran 13", while the '77 and onwards had 15". I've seen that on a couple of historic racing sites, at least. (Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it with my own eyes when the cars actually raced, as I wasn't even born back then. Technically, I could have witnessed some of the later half of the 1978 season, but I didn't. For several reasons.)

10. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Linking from Google Photos usually works. I did it for years and this is the 1st time I got a problem (which is most likely related to the whole Google blackout yesterday).

About Flickr, my two galleries are already full, so I cannot upload more pictures, unless I open a new one.
    Your'e right though, I should have uploaded the pictures on the forum like you said. I'll try to think about it next time ;)

11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    This is true, and we intentionally featured the 15" wheels as they cover the main activity period of the Scirocco Gr.2.

Our reference model, Viviane Bonnardel's Scirocco, is using 13" wheels because she didn't feel comfortable with the bigger wheels.
    She told me that it made the steering extremely heavy which wasn't very convenient on the tight hillclimbs tracks. So they choosed these PLS rims with 13" tires instead of the usual BBS wheels ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK this has changed and has nothing to do with anything that happened to Google yesterday. Wherever I search for this topic it is said that the links from Google Photos don't last and this matches my experience. They are only for private use and available only for a short period of time. For some odd reason some of the links last a lot longer than others. Maybe this extension works with the Album Archives (read the text and beware the typo!). I have still not tested it thoroughly.

If you have another way that still works reliably I would be really glad to know this, as this is all I have found regarding this.

13. BTCCmad

BTCCmad Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Most likely a definite purchase, not old enough to be familiar with the real car, but they sure look good and could be fun to drive.

That's what I like about this sim, their not frightened to try something a bit different. Not just cars but less known circuits too.

Carry on the good work.

Bravo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Those PLS wheels are drool worthy. My VW passion is a bit over the top so I really cant thank you enough for this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this Scirocco. An Alfasud (Sprint) or an Alfa 33 would be a fantastic rival for this car. \
    Yeah, I'm biased, but still...A man can dream!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0

• Like x 10
    • Love it! x 5
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Release date well selected. Start of my vacation. :hearteyes:

@Georg Ortner
    Can you already tell us when the update will be presented via live stream (hope for that)?

18. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    21st:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    2.5 days to go.

• Like Like x 2
  20. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Man new car on a Monday?? ARGH so much torment at work tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1