Released December 2020 update!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    It's December already! After a tough year for everyone and while we brace for what seems to be some additional months of the same thing, we hope you will spend a good holiday season in good health and spirit and that you're keeping yourself and your relatives safe.

This month of December is a traditional break in community leagues and esport competitions and today is the day we can squeeze in between two competitions from RaceRoom Asia to push all the nice things we have been working on for the last months.

Let's start with content releases: the current generation of the Audi Sport Customer Racing lineup is now available! The Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO is here of course, along with a wide selection of liveries. We're also adding the Audi R8 LMS GT2 as well as the brand new version of the GT4. Lots of liveries were expected this season, but due to the circumstances that you know, there were not many real life liveries for us to add. We will make sure to bring out liveries throughout the 2021 season (hopefully there will be one...).

[​IMG]

From Volkswagen, you can finally enjoy the record breaking ID. R as well as the legendary 1976 Scirocco Group 2. Both are exhilarating cars to drive and race!

[​IMG]

After the release of Daytona earlier this year, we're excited to bring out our second NASCAR licensed venue: The Glen!
    With its four layouts, Watkins Glen International ticks one more item from the list of the community's most requested tracks.

[​IMG]

When it comes to most requested, nothing will ever top the Grand Prix layout of Brands Hatch. We are happy to finally release it! (even though we can't help but feeling a bit sad about killing a meme) Thankfully everyone can now move on to wishing for the Indy Reverse layout!

The only way we could bring the GP layout to you was to separate Indy and Grand Prix (much like we had done for Nordschleife and the Nuerburgring). However, you can grab the Grand Prix layout at a 50% discount that will run until the 25th December at midnight CET.
    [​IMG]

Update details:
    Download size = 5.3 GB
    Client version = 0.9.2.16
    Client BuildID = 5996517
    Dedi version = 70.0.1235
    Dedi BuildID = 5996692

Content releases:
    • Audi R8 LMS GT4 (2020)
    • Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO
    • Audi R8 LMS GT2
    • Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2 (1976)
    • Volkswagen ID. R
    • Brands Hatch Grand Prix layout
    • Watkins Glen International, with four layouts.

Physics engine:
    • Physics engine - Added support for engine maps. Cars featuring these will have special settings in the car setup menu. Control bindings are also added to alter the map from inside the cockpit, which not all cars support.
    • Physics engine - Added support for modifying the amount of Engine Braking from the car setup.
    • Physics engine - Added support for throttle maps. Those are not tweakable in car setup but are specific to each car.
    • Physics engine - Revamp of the turbo simulation for better realism of spool / throttle management.
    • Physics engine - Added support for Energy recovery system, which is adjustable for electric & hybrid engines in the car setup menu as well as through a key bind from the cockpit.
      [Read More about those physics engine updates here]
    • Physics engine - Revamp of the aerodynamics simulation of the diffuser to better simulate diffuser stalls when too close to the ground.
      [Read More about the diffuser stalls here]

Tyre model updates:
    The following cars are brought to v4.1:
    [Read more here about the full details on tyre models in RaceRoom]
    • Audi Sport TT Cup
    • Audi TT RS VLN
    • CUPRA eRacer
    • DTM 1992
    • Formula RaceRoom 90
    • Formula RaceRoom Junior
    • Group 2 (new class)
    • Group 4
    • Group 5
    • GT2
    • GT3
    • GT4
    • GTE
    • Hillclimb Icons
    • Mercedes DTM 2003 and 2005
    • NSU TTS
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
    • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (sprint & endurance specs)
    • Porsche 911 Carrera Cup (964)
    • Silhouettes
    • Touring Classics
    • Volkswagen ID.R
    • WTCC 14-15-16-17
    • WTCR 18-19

Engine maps
    The following cars are featuring engine maps:
    • Audi TT RS VLN
    • CUPRA eRacer
    • Formula RaceRoom 90
    • Formula RaceRoom U.S.
    • Formula RaceRoom X-17
    • Group 5
    • Group C
    • GT3 classes
    • GTE
    • GTR2 class
    • Nissan Skyline (Touring Classics) has 2 engine maps
    • P1
    • P2
    • Mercedes DTM 2003 and 2005
    • Volkswagen ID.R

Dedicated server:
    • Added “Skip Qualifying” option. If this is enabled, the server will fetch leaderboard laptimes of all connected players for the current track layout and the performance index of the car they’re driving. The starting grid of the race will be defined by those lap times.
    • Added “Prevent false start” option. If set to off, players will be able to jump the start of the race and receive a penalty for doing so.
    • Added support for race duration in laps.
    • Added an option for rolling or standing starts for each race session. A rolling start is right now still AI controlled, but we aim for human control rolling starts in 2021.

Changelog:
    • New replay menu
    • Spectator - New data is available through the API. All changes are listed on the github page.
    • New data in shared memory API for Traction Control level, Engine Map and Engine Braking settings.
    • Unification of cut detections between the reputation system and the cut corridors. Previously, an incident point for an off-track would not always result in the invalidation of the lap.
    • Added a key bind to override traction control and allow for that quick 180 recovery from a spin.
    • Pitstops - WTCR car classes are now using the same pitstop timers as the GT4 car class.
    • Physics - Tweaks to behaviour of gravel and grass.
    • Physics - WTCR car classes now make use of the Anti-Lag System that had been developed for DTM 2020.
    • Physics - Fixed tyre pressure that wasn’t being set properly on preheated tyres which affected leaderboards.
    • Physics - Launch control logic change where it will now disengage when upshifting from 1st gear.
    • Sounds - ALS sound effects added to WTCR cars
    • Sounds - New external sounds for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR (18&19)
    • Sounds - New external sounds for the Radical SR9 AER
    • Sounds - Improved external sounds of the BMW M4 DTM 2020
    • Sounds - Improved external sounds of the Peugeot 308 TCR
    • Sounds - Improved cockpit and external sounds of the Porsche 962C
    • Sounds - Improved external sounds of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport
    • Sounds - New cockpit sounds recording for the Audi RS 5 DTM 2020
    • Sounds - New cockpit sounds recording for the Chevrolet Dekon Monza
    • AI - Countless tweaks and improvements to AI behaviour and their racelines around tracks
    • Added support for 32:9 monitor ratios
    • Art - Bathurst updated to 2020 specs
    • Art - Imola updated to 2020 specs
    • Art - Portimao updated to 2020 specs
    • Art - Oschersleben - Added a missing brake marker at turn 1 and a bump in the road that was missing after turn 3.
    • Added support for manual inlaps at the end of the race session. This option is currently accessible through Gameplay Settings, but we eventually plan to make it a server option just like driving assists so it can be forced on or off.

Attached Files:

• Love it! Love it! x 28
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Very good, thank you.
    BH GP bought as promised, fair price. Bought the rest as well. :D
    Scirocco on Lakeview is a pleasure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Everything, i wished for R3E (at least at reasonable scale :D) and even more happened today.

Amazing and thank you for the work, Sector 3. The size of the changelog alone is filling one workday. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic update, thanks S3 - hope you have a great Xmas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I noticed, the F-RR2 has more steps/range in differential settings, if i'm not wrong, so seems, also some more cars have received minor adjustments.^^
    Was having fun with it, the last days, racing a Super Formula style format, just without the DRS and P2P devil. :->

• Like Like x 1
  6. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Phenomenal work team, this is a great update

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic! This is my favorite sim and it's just getting better and better.
    Congratulations Sector 3 - will keep supporting this sim.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The update is awesome. I really like the updates to Laguna Seca. Now it's displaying the correct sponsors, and the curbing has been painted.

Watkins Glen is awesome to have in RaceRoom. I almost forgot how brutal the turn after the Bus Stop is.

And finally Brands Hatch. Great Stuff!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the update.

Really hope there will be official DTM trophy in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Very nice, looking forward to everything! The new content is spot on, and I'm also excited by the news about improved turbo behaviour and manual inlaps.

Keep it coming! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have to doff ones trilby at this one, not had a lot of time with anything due to the popularity of this update, servers literally ground to a halt on several occasions and I love it, RR getting the accolades it deserves. The most consistent and useable Sim on the market, bar none. Both new tracks are as polished as expected, Bathurst looks better than it ever has. Tried the new Audi GTR3, spun it twice, got out of it and into the M6 and had a blast, gonna look beyond that one as the GT2 just sounds fantastic, really liking this class and hope it gets filled up by the manufacturers and then by RR. The GT4 seems very much like a GT4, tick. The UI is looking pretty slick and the triple screen support is both very easy to use and does the job perfectly.
    The only way I can truly describe how the first drive felt was. well, it feels very much like rF2 in the hands, which is high praise from me, as I feel rF2 has always just edged in the feel department but.................
    Fantastic job, J-F and the team have surpassed all my expectations and some, bravo Sector 3, Bravo!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    you came back to life it seems

13. treborvxr

treborvxr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    amazing main menu :mad:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Christmas came little bit early :)

Thanks guys for all the hard work, enjoy your time off, you more than deserve it ;)
    This sim have kept my sanity in check this weird year ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I had this, too, but after starting again (after closing via Task Manager as I could not find any exit "button") everything was alright :)

16. treborvxr

treborvxr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mine launches like that in 64bit mode, launch it in 32bit and its fine o_O

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    503 error today??

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  19. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. Having the 503 error too. I figured I caused it on my end by using the -webmenu launch option. But I can't resist having an accurate FOV tool for RaceRoom, rather than the 0.7X magnifier I've been using. So I'll patiently wait for it to be fixed.

20. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am getting lots of 503 errors not using new UI. Errors with competitions both new and old content.
    Not happy JAN :(