WTCR 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RacingPeanut, Dec 22, 2020.

1. RacingPeanut

RacingPeanut New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there!

First of all, thank you very much for the december update! It is awesome to see the amount of work put into improving the sim not only with new content, but improving the already existing content. It is much appreciated! Sincerely.

I just had a question regarding the WTCR 2020 season. As the virtual competition event ended and also we're nearing the end of the year I would like to know if there are any plans of release.
    I enjoyed a ton driving the new Cupra and it is a shame not having it available anymore! :p

I read during the summer update that the dev team was waiting on the real cars to hit the track, but since then I didn't hear hardly anyhting else, so I just had this question, as I am in love with touring cars in this game.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

3. RacingPeanut

RacingPeanut New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha. Lucky you mate!
    Guess that one is a reward from the Cupra Simracing Series? I could only take part in one of the first rounds and it is not showing for me in the store. :(

upload_2020-12-22_16-27-6.png

I mostly drove it in the WTCR 2020 virtual series they did since summer.

4. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's taken a long time to create the Megane's livery...

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. RacingPeanut

RacingPeanut New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha. Definitely a very very complex livery the one from Vukovic Motorsport this year. Sean Bull Design! xD
    Jokes aside, there must have been a setback of some sort I believe, as I was expecting it to come this year.

6. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The above is a post from J-F in the summer dev notes thread. After this post in August, WTCR extended the deadline for 2020 entries and just before the extended deadline passed Vukovic Motorsport entered a Megane TCR. Tin foil hat time but it seems the devs had almost everything ready but the Megane may have caught them off guard - not sure how long it takes to license and build a car in game or what capacity they had to work on it but this is a possible explanation as to why we haven't received WTCR 2020 yet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The setback was that the car's participation in WTCR was announced so late. The car has to be done from scratch and this wasn't expected until a few days before the series started.

• Like Like x 1