Resolved Dedicated server not switching between sessions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I spent my morning testing the dedi (because that's what beta testers are for, right? oh wait :p). I'm guessing it's a problem with the new skip qualy feature, but it looks like when a server starts with qualy (practice duration is set to 0 and skip qualy is set to no), the server won't progress further after the qualy ends. It lets you drive forever on the track or leaves you in the menu with nowhere to go.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up: no practice is not the issue, progress halted at the end of practice as well. Recreated a server with the same settings from scratch, same issue. Weirdly, our other practice server appears to be working with different settings.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Here are the exact params:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    In the last multiplayer ranked server race I did it got stuck after the finish too once the clock ran down to 0 and the only solution was to restart the game.

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Nobody else with this problem? It's weird, I even tested it on my own PC with the same result (server gets stuck at the end of the first session).

6. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the exact same problem - it was working flawlessly until raceroom got an update yesterday or the day before. i have tried to install a brand new server on 3 different computers and I have the same behavior. i even reinstalled windows server on one of the computer to make sure. same thing.

Attached Files:

7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    It is a known issue. Cannot say when it will be fixed though I am afraid.

8. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I think I found a solution.
    We have 5 servers running. All with the option "Stay in practice when session is empty" swichted to "on" are running, the two where this option is set to "Off" stucked in practice for hours.
    One of these servers (option to "On") was very well populated yesterday evening, so this server worked, an is still running normal today.
    Give is a try, hope it helps. And let me know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, it works in general, but it's still possible to halt the server at the end of the race if the only driver on the server decides not to participate in it and jumps back into the pits. Which is an entirely possible scenario on prequal servers unfortunately. This also wasn't a problem before the update on Monday.

10. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but if the "session empty" solution helps till there, it helps a lot. The other one does not come that often I hope, but it is good to know. Is there already a bug thread for the dediserver update? Although they know this issue already?

11. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    thanks @MC_Hammer_82
    Since monday's patch we had the same issue. We have 4 dedi started, only one was working fine. I modified a second one in the afternoon and set the "Stay in practice ..." to ON and it was working fine. Tonight I modified the same dedi with this option to OFF and didn't jump to next session by his own, I had to do it manualy on the dedi interface.
    So yes, needs to be fixed, but this option set ton ON helps. Thanks again.

12. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    We had one server which was stucking at the end of the race, and one I was driving on, which stucked at the end of the race. I know both were "On". I think it was the problem @Balrog is describing.
    So switching from Practice-Qualifying-WarmUp-Race seems to work good, but still issues at the end of the race.
    Another thing I had yesterday: I could not leave the server at the end of the race (saw my car in pit from a trtack camera view), and even when the host turned the server off, I had to stay there, had to kill the game to leave.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I can also confirm this, I had this issue as well while testing.

14. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We have 5 servers, and since last update it happens in all of them. Maybe it only happens in the race servers since in the practice servers we have the option ( "Stay in practice ..." ) activated.
    But I am not sure, because the practice servers are unatended.

15. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Finaly, even with the Stay in Practice ON my servers are getting stuck at the end of the session. So it's not the right solution.

16. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Did it stuck after the race, this is still an issue. Or did it stuck after practice, qualifying or warmup?

17. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If I well remember, yes.
    And one of my dedi I was connected to last night, was still showing me connected 2 hours ago, and stuck at the end of race session.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    This needs to be fixed ASAP as it can and will ruin races for various communities. That's exactly what happened tonight. We had a decent grid of racers and the whole thing ground to a halt at the end of qualy. I didn't have internet so couldn't access the server, so that was that. Event ruined for everyone. Besides which having an admin babysit the server is not a solution anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lemmy Lemur

Lemmy Lemur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have had all the experiences mentioned above on my servers, and also found out that setting the "stay in practise" helped to swop to the next segments, but still mosre often than not, the game freezes after race finish and doesn't move along. Killing the game the hard way as someone said is the only way out. Very sad indeed... And "stay in practice" is not a very good solution if there comes up a track in the rotation that doesn't get occupied because it may not be so popular, then the server is stuck!

20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It's also not an option for communities that run specific races at specific times, because we need practice sessions to start at a specific time and be of a determined length. They only just got the scheduling feature working properly recently, and now it's rendered useless by this new bug.

• Like Like x 1