Ranking, rating, reputation....What?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, they could have communicated that one a bit better in that case.
    And also; what's the use of the leaderboard if they erase it every update? I know you can't let them be, but erasing is futile too.
    This game has no use whatsoever.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If the car performance changes due to an update, the old times are no longer representative. Plus the new times will be used to establish grid positions if there is no qually session.

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    If they didnt clean leaderboards after physics updates, it wouldnt have use- you want to see relevant time. I ask you, whats the use of the leaderboard, if they wouldnt erase it every update? (btw in most cases, its not as affected, as in this update).
    It saddens me to hear that last statement. Make sure to find something you enjoy, within raceroom or other title, but keep in mind that with this attitude you wont be happy with anything

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just saying but you still havent told us what makes you think youre banned

5. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Agreed; but when they DO clear the board; that board has no use either and so my point; what's the use of this game when ranked isn't all that fair either, you can't go into unranked because of how people behave, online is no fun and so on.......

The true answer is; I can't find anything I like at the moment in this game. And indeed; other games as well.

I'm in a position I really need some proper distraction, get my mind off of things. This game (and others) just upset me.
    Thought this game would be "the one" to do the trick and that's why I bought the premium package; it's just a shame it's even more useless than other games.

Because I can't get in anywhere. Got banned it says.

6. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In that case I think you need to stop playing games & take up knitting or something! :p

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    join a league or some racing club

8. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Lol, incredible paranoia. Ranked servers are temporarily turned off due to bug after update, leaderboards are wiped due to physics updates.

Nobody gives a shit about you, certainly not enough to harass you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    First of all let me make it clear that we are not trying to suppress or censor anyone who follows our very simple forum rules.
    If we were trying to shut you down, why would we let you continue posting here?
    Despite what you might or might not have heard or read elsewhere, the game does use cheat detection techniques and like every other system in the world that system isn't 100% failsafe.
    If you feel like you've been banned wrongfully, contact the helpdesk and describe your case, including as much relevant info as possible (like your RR account name or link, Steam account name, date of when you've been banned).

10. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That's the spirit!
    You behave like that in driving terms in servers? You could be the cause of the online problem.

11. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian.
    I'm done with the game, but if I ever come back to it, I will try to sort it out.

12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Not really. I just find your assumption, that your posts here are somehow worth the effort of banning and harassing you, a bit comical.

You're not the first or last person complaining about incident points. Everyone knows the system isn't flawless, assigning equal points to everyone isn't ideal, but it's currently the fairest system that could be implemented. You're not some kind of dissident, persecuted by establishment for your brave opinions on it.

If you think your opinions are somehow so radical and dangerous that devs would bother to stalk you and harass you, you're absolutely deluded.

13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    This conversation has run it's course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.