DTM experience 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super Nova, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just bought the 2013 DTM experience pack on Steam for play the official championship. I cant find the predefined championship, just the rules....To have removed this feature should be specified in the purchase of the content. Its not correct....Really your game is good but there are to many nasty things sry

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    And what are the "many things", in your view?

It's probably true that the DTM packs on Steam need their descriptions updated to reflect reality, but if you'd actually done any research at all you would have found out that almost nobody recommends buying any R3E content through Steam anyway. You can get the same content, often cheaper, through the in-game store using vRP, which also allows you to be much more selective about what you're buying.

But hey-ho, if you're going to let the lack of pre-defined championship ruin your entire experience of a good sim, so be it. :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I call it false advertising and its illegal. When selling a product, the client must be informed if there have been any changes. I would not have purchased this pack if I had known that the championship feature was removed. And I don't have to inquire about a product that displays details of its contents. Seriously

4. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Steam doesn't even want to refund me. I would have used the money to buy something else from the store. More targeted. Why sell these DLCs then? I still think the game is good but that stuff is not right

5. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Does steam not let refunds work under special conditions (time spent ingame and x hours after purchase)?

By setting up an individual championship you should get the experience of the DTM13. You just have to select some parameters and the games can begin.

I would also recommend only buying stuff via ingame store. Ask here or on discord in terms of questions. Community is very helpful.

6. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Do you know the reason for removing official championship ? It's curious ^^

7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Because it was a game in a game. So you couldn't drive a DTM car on any track you wanted, like on Spa or the Nordschleife.

8. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    it's ridiculous in a lot of games there are official championships and custom championships. Having an official championship tab isnt complicated to do in 2020 anyway. it seems to me that on race 07 we could do it. In 2007...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    All these people forget/aren't aware that regional pricing exists.

https://steamdb.info/app/455270/

And then there are Steam sales... If you don't live in the US or EU, Steam should be your first place to check, and only if you find your regional pricing isn't generous enough you go to Raceroom site for vRP packs.

Hell, even for the US/EU. For example, Nürburgring Legends pack gives you 9 pieces of content for 17 USD/15 Euro, which is more or less in line with all the packs in the Raceroom game store except "Essential" packs: http://game.raceroom.com/store/packs/

DTM 2013: 12 pieces of content for 16 USD/Euro, etc. These aren't bad deals, as far as I see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Right. If I had been more careful, I would have bought the DLC on Steam, as they are significantly cheaper in my region.
    But I bought everything through the shop - it was expensive.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Plus with steam stuff you can get a refund if you are not happy with the content or you can buy the keys from 3rd party sellers like Aldi. They had the Ring Legends pack for €3.75 last summer.