Why is this so hard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pastor_Chris, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Deciding on a wheel. I am thinking csl elite, but honestly that is a lot of money for me. I have been told to get a csl elite or t300.
    I am aware it's like comparing apples to oranges but is the csl elite worth the extra cost, and what about reliability

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have had the elite for a couple of years now. I find it to be very good and have had no issues with it.

3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I think you will have a very nice wheel with the CSL Elite. I have the CSWv2.5 and that is really an outstanding wheel. I presume the CSL Elite is not much less. :D

4. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I just priced everything and here is the rundown
    633 - csl elite basic
    589 - t300 with t lcm
    414 - g29, shifter, load cell and magnetic shift
    I am thinking the G29 just because of price

5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I have tlcm and had t300 and can recommend both.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. sickflag

sickflag New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't do that if I were you mate, force feedback with those wheels is not that bad but there is a notchy feeling when operating them given those are gear driven wheels, don't get me wrong you can still be mighty fast with the g29 it's just not ideal in my opinion. I own t300 and recently got myself used fanatec v2s pedals which turned to be my best upgrade to date. I previously owned g29 and I wasn't happy with it, the price might be comparable with the t300 but the feel is not again my own opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    What about quality control of both fanatec and thrustmaster? I have heard that since Covid QC of fanatic has went down, and the t300 is always a risk

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I was buying outlet wheel so my warranty was limited, only issue i had was loud fan, which i replaced no problemo (no often reported overheating tho)

9. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Wow, did not realize how hard it is to find the thrustmaster t lcm pedals, everywhere is sold out. Ebay has them but the prices are ridiculous.

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you are spending that kind of money do not buy Logitech. Good entry wheels secondhand at around £150 but really not worth much more. I have a t300 never had a problem with it. I've got better pedals though, standard ones are terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think the issues with T300 come from people who use too high force feedback setting so the wheel is sitting on max force for too long and it's overstressed. At least that's what I concluded from reading a bit about its issues before I bought mine. And it's been 2,5 years since I got it and works perfectly. Just a warning if you'd want to pick Alcantara Edition (or any other wheel with alcantara) - keep in mind that you either need to get gloves or it will get dirty in no time, although the way it feels is so much better than my old plastic DFGT. Which reminds me I need to finally get rid of it :p I was a bit stressed about all those issues reported and kept it in case T300 would die on me

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I also switched from DFGT to T300. Completely different world. No issues with that wheel. I'm driving on default settings.

13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and default is set to 75% force, so obviously it's tempting to get that up to 100% :p

14. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Good to know:)
    My DFGT broke and I only connected T300 and drove and it felt very good, so I never was in force feedback menu so far....

15. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I've had t300 for a year, no issues. I believe early on the wheel suffered from overheating, which might contribute to the reputation of poor reliability.

By default the fan ramps up once the temps are already high, so there were reports of FFB fade, because the cooling just wasn't starting quickly enough. But it was only really a problem initially, for last couple of years you can just turn the fan on manually to prevent the FFB fade or overheating, so no problem.

I would certainly pick it over G29, the replacable rims are a game changer imho.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    After going back and forth, I decided on T300 base with gte wheel and t lcm pedals

• Like Like x 2