Problem Missing 6 cars in the Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jake Arthur, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone. Hope you can help me with my problem.
    I bought the starter pack on the 3rd of September, 2020, but recently I realized that six of the ten cars of the pack were missing (Lotus, both BMW's, the Audi RS 5, the Porsche, and the Civic). Please help! I can provide pictures for proof if needed.

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    They recently changed content of the pack

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way I can get the new content since I already paid for the pack?

4. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you can buy it individually. You can not buy the starter pack again.

5. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    When you purchased the Starter Packdid you received the (Lotus, both BMW's, the Audi RS 5, the Porsche, and the Civic) and now you notice they removed the purchases from your purchase content?

6. Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From what I understand from what I've been told, I had different cars, and they changed the pack.

7. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    packs are not season passess, you get whats in the pack at the moment of purchase (lets say they remove something from the pack, would you be ok with X item being removed from your account?)

Imagine its happy meal, you dont get new toy everytime they change it :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand that but I just think it's kind of crappy that I bought it and receive some cars and my friends get others so now I can't do some races they can, and vice versa. I also can't buy a pack that fills in the gaps for cars I don't have, so now instead of buying a $10 pack with all the cars, I have to buy each car individually for more money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's not crappy at all, you bought a pack with certain cars offered at the time, you didn't buy a pack which guaranteed you some kind of regular rotation of content. I don't see how this is an issue, and besides, you can always buy pro/premium packs to fill the gaps (or individually, but you will pay more in the long run).

I have also only bought starter pack so far. I knew what I was getting, so I never thought I was cheated when the content changed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand that I bought what I bought, but imagine this; you buy a new phone, and it comes with ios, and there are no signs of it changing, and 2 months later, a new update comes out with a few tweaks but it is much better, and the only way for you to get it is by buying each individual piece of the update, there is no mass update pack. You knew what you were getting, but you had no idea that there would be an update that is so much better. You aren't cheated, you just wish that you could've known or there was a way to fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ah so if I buy iPhone 10 today for x EUR and iPhone 11 comes out the next month (I have no idea about iPhone versions btw), should I be eligible for that one because I bought the previous version?

Anyways, why do you think the new starter pack is so much better? Which cars did you get in yours?

12. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I think he meant software, not hardware :p

Cars that got swaped are: BMW GT2, Golf WTCR, Greenwood Corvette, Audi DTM (i think 2016), McLaren GT3, Mustang GTO for Lotus GT4, Audi DTM 2020, BMW M6 GT3, Honda WTCR, Carrera Cup Classic, BMW M235I Cup

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, it is what it is. You expected the pack to include all new cars when the pack's content changes and this is simply not the case. But please keep in mind that if you got all the cars new in the pack, all cars that are no longer in the pack would be removed from your content as a consequence also. Maybe some people would be OK with this, but I'm sure most would be very angry. Can't even imagine the shitstorm... :-D

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Mr. Spooner, so often you speak words of great wisdom.;)

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What's so hard to see? This is literally the issue, and it is an issue indeed:
    I mean, yup, that's how it's supposed to work, but that doesn't mean everyone must be happy about it.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I can see both sides. The starter pack has changed a couple of times due to content being removed (Citroen) or becoming F2P (FRJ if I am not mistaken). The other content was starting to age like fine milk so an update was overdue - same with the current Pro pack with 2 season old TCRs and the previous Audi R8, DTM16s and all the Steam DLCs, which are now totally out of date.

Due to game content policy, you can´t buy the pack twice and must buy all new content individually or buy the premium pack - which again can only be bought once.

Sector 3 could solve this by making each pack annual (like they do for TCRs and ADAC) releasing a new one on a fixed date every year or two and withdrawing the old one. That way everyone would know the shelf life of their pack and be able to buy the new ones when they come out or at least make an informed decision as to whether to buy now or wait. The annual packs would have separate codes so you could buy starter pack 2020 and then 2021 and only pay the difference for the new content.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021