Pit lane limiter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munty, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there.
    I've been doing some testing in the Audi 16 at Zandvort, thought I'd get ready for a first online session later today.

But I'm having some issues with the pit lane. I've tested this thoroughly, and know what I'm doing is correct, but every time through the pits I get a pit lane speeding violation. I'm given this as soon as I run my revs up against the pit limiter, If I manually keep the speed just below the limit there are no problems, turn on the limiter and accelerate again = instant violation.

So, what's the point of the limiter? Is this just a problem with this track or car?

I know the limiter allows the car to jump to a minor fraction over the speed, but if .00001 over the speed limit is a problem why isn't it set 1 mph/kph lower?

Could someone please let me know what's going on? I'm just going to be practicing until this is worked out, and that's a bit boring!

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which layout on Zandvoort? The limit is 110% of the defined pit speed, so with a limit of 80 km/h, you are actually allowed to go 87 km/h without getting a penalty. It rather sounds like a problem with the track.

3. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It was the longest version, can't remember the exact name. I was running MPH, so the limit was 38, but anything over 38.1 etc was triggering the penalty. I didn't think of trying it yesterday, I change to KPH and see what happens...

4. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Dear developers, the problem with the latest updates, on the highway in dubai, upon entering the boxes, gives a fine !!! It's a shame to waste time on an hour-long race and see such a problem in 20 minutes. We drove the Silverstein track, there were no such problems! Please check these issues! what's the point then to include the limiter if the penalty is given! ??

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  5. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm I have had the same problem with a number of tracks. I have now resorted to Assisted Pits, as it was becoming annoying always getting penalized.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, been doing a load of testing this morning, it's all over the place with all the cars. Very annoying as I've run many long races with pit stops and up until the update I had no issues. It's an odd thing to have missed in QC. Where do I report bugs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yesterday wtcr on BHGP, 8 of 10 drivers got speeding in the pits. we were first thinking about the lines and signs but maybe its the limiter?! Seems like using 1st gear full throttle will "overshoot it"?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    This has changed due to drivers abusing this limit.
    I agree that the penalty is way too harsh though.
    But they are looking at it to prevent the rev to bounce over the limit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mate, I've reported this issue to one of the devlopers, so hopefully they'll fix it. I noticed Pit Lane penalties are triggered whether I use the Auto Pit Lane setting or the Pit Lane Limiter is on or off. It happens on most of the tracks I've used.

10. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's hapening in a lot of tracks, I haven't tried them all though. A solution I have been thaught (while devs don't fix it) is to enter pits in first gear and immediately switch to 2nd gear. You can go all the way on pit box full throttle without triggering the penalty.

11. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That's an interesting idea. Are you activating the Pit Lane limiter when you do this?
    If so, I take it you make your way to the Pit Lane line with the Pit Lane limiter on, while in first gear. Then you cross the pit lane speed limit entry line and engage 2nd gear? You then go over the set speed limit at any speed in 2nd gear and get no penalty?

12. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes, activate the pit limiter before the line already in 1st gear. After you cross the line switch to 2nd gear (always with pit limiter on) and you're good to go. Same after you pit until you leave pits.

13. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I’ll say right away from the Russians. and there are more than a hundred of us. Should we test this, or the developers and Beta testers !? it's just that there are always some small jambs that I can't fix in a short period of time, but often they don't fix it at all. Maybe I'm rude in my statements, but I buy car tracks! We pay to have fun, not burn in the race. and then write that there are problems. why would everything work before entering Pete in first gear and not give a fine, but now they just say to switch to second gear is ridiculously simple.

14. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You can also get a penalty in second gear.

15. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyone out there from the developers who understands the problem???
    No series with pitstop can happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RadstaR

RadstaR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This bug is real :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RadstaR

RadstaR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah. I can't post links because post count problem :eek:

18. RadstaR

RadstaR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
  20. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I've tried out changing to second gear in pit stops and yes, it works without incurring a penalty. I do this with Manual Pit Stops, so Pit Assist off. Perhaps the problem is using Pit Assist turned on.

Sorry, and to clarify the following settings:

Pit Assist - turned off, so manual pit stops.
    Pit Speed Limiter - turned on, so switch on the limiter before entering or crossing the pit lane line marker.