Resolved Dedicated server not switching between sessions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Dec 22, 2020.

1. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    someone in my league reported the issue is also on their ranked, even after they announced yesterday it was fixed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    still no patch today :(

3. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    a patch has been delivered, I've just updated our dedicated, will check if everything is ok

• Like Like x 1
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the general session switching problem has been fixed, BUT the 'stuck in race forever' issue is still there. It's easy to reproduce: create a new server, join alone and at the beginning of the race, jump back to the pits immediately when the first light is on. The race session will never end.

5. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I didn't test myself tonight, but a friend told me you have a QUIT button that helps to leave the server, but you have to join again for the next session, what was not mandatory before the patch. Not sure I'll have some time to test your method tomorrow, but I'll give it a try in the week-end ;)

6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The only drawback is that when you start a server, it only starts running when someone enters the server
    This used to be the case, but after an update the server started running when you turned it on
    It was useful for people who host the server and did not participate themselves

But I think this problem is already known to Sector3

Had already posted it on Help on discord and got a thumbs up from a moderator

And the shedule doesn't work well at the moment

7. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well not really. It's been a long time that we have the choice foe the server to start immediately, or still wait people to join (start foe 10s and restart in loop if no one joined), it's the Stay in Practice option.

This morning a friend joined one of our training server, at the end of the 10min race he clicked on the Quit button and left the server but the dedicated was blocked and still showing him online.
    So yes the jump from Practice to Quali to race is working again, but end of the session is still broken.
    I tried using the schedule option but not sure it will work as the server is blocked. It sure works if no one joins.

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    There was yesterday a little update, but can't find any changelogs :(

9. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes but this update was a new exe file for dedicated server that didn't solve everything

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    According to @Balrog it did solve one of the issues. Are you saying it definitely didn't?

11. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Some have been solved, but not everything

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I heard that the raceresults comes twices after every race, wich is now resolved

13. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So tonight, at 4 on the server, if we come back to the pits and click on QUIT before the end of the session, things went well.
    So the bug seems to only persist if a player remains connected until the end of the session, there he can no longer quit other than closing the game wildly, and the server remains stuck indefinitely.
    Having the "Stay in practice if server is empty" OFF is no more an issue.

Here are our server settings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    We had a two race event tonight with nearly 20 people on the grid. The server was set to keep time running even when empty, and I'd asked everyone to ensure that they had the cooldown lap set to AI control.

The sessions all worked and advanced without any issues at all, results were displayed as normal, and all but one person was able to leave the server properly using the menus at the end of the event. That one person didn't leave immediately, got stuck in-game and had to ALT+F4.

So with the above case too, it seems maybe this issue only affects the last person on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    We didn't have that yesterday and tonight.
    At the end of the race, all players clicked on QUIT, only one clicked on Terminate or End (don't have english version in game) at the top left of the menu, and he was the one who got stuck on the server. Next race, he clicked on QUIT as everyone and was able to leave.
    We are using the new UI, I don't know if those buttons are available in the "old" UI.

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon Can we expect this to be fixed in the near future? It's a bit hard to plan organized races atm because of this issue.

17. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    it's going worth !! Monday on a training race with friends, I quit the grid just before the start, they have done the race, and you know what ?? The game result said I WON !! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

Just to be 100% on the issues being reported as still present:

1. If you stay on the dedicated server for a while after the race has ended, you can't exit through menus anymore.
    2. If you leave before the race starts, it can cause issues with results
    3. If you join a server alone, start the race session and ESC out to pits, the server gets stuck.

@axxis278 do you happen to have server and game log files for #2 ?

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There is a 4th issue that you can join a server in qually session but are unable to start driving and the session countdown clock is not working. Quit and rejoin and it is the same, it won´t start or cycle to the race. I believe the example server in question is DTM92 at Suzuka but I may be wrong.

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Ok, do you have more details about server settings and the conditions in which you join the server? Is it empty when you join or does it happen also if there are other players already on it?