Resolved Dedicated server not switching between sessions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Dec 22, 2020.

1. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Here attached race result file (date 2021/01/04), it was a multiclass race, my logs, and server logs.

1. If you stay on the server until the end of the session, yes you can't go back to the menus, the only way is ALT + F4. It can also happen even if you do ESC juste after the end of the race.
    2. Only seen it once, so I don't know if it happens everytime.
    3. No need to be alone, it happened to me to join a server, did the quali and race, but I did ESC before the end of the race (still one lap to go) and got stuck as "spectator" like when IA is controling the car after the end of the race.

Other things
    4. if I well remember, the "Race finish duration" counter was starting after the leader had cross the finish line, allowing some extra time to others to finish their race instead of being DNF. But after the patch it starts as soon as the race counter is 0:00. We didn't test races with laps number yet, only timed raced.
    5. If the poleman doesn't reach the grid before the end of the countdown, using rolling start (seen on Daytona Road Course), his car is put on the track in last position and all cars in front gets stuck with limiter until the poleman crosses the line

This new dedicated version has bring so many behaviors.

Attached Files:

2. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I think this issue has already been addressed with the small patch. It was when having the "Stay in practice even if server is empty" option was set to ON, the server wouldn't switch from Practice to Quali, and same from Quali to Race. The workaround was to set this option to OFF. But now it's fine again even with the option set to ON.

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I saw a lot of reports of people where other drivers that left during race or got DQed were put to places quite far in front in the results. So not only issues with results when you leave before the race, but also during the race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    that's bad, we're starting our new championship tomorrow with 36 DTM 2020 at Daytona, and I presume we should have some DNF ... so I'm wondering what the result file will look like o_O

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    We have our next round on Wednesday as well, I'm already preparing myself mentally for manual log editing.:oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon could it be an option to revert to previous version of dedicated, giving time to improve the latest before pushing it back ? The current one is giving nightmares when managing championship.

7. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    As we suspected, tonight's results are not good @J-F Chardon
    Some finished the race but with errors in time gap (race 2 Johan R), some are DNF (race 2 Renaud H) and ranked on top of players who finished the race.
    Everyone was asked to pit for 4 tires at least in race 2, but many of them are marked with 0 pits.

I add the files to this post : race results and server logs.

Edit :
    after some discussions, for Johan R he had a penalty at the end of the race but didn't serve it. The penalty was for overtake under yellow, but the cars just had an incident (I need to check the replay for that).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Salut @axxis278 !

Thanks for the server logs, but can I ask for the log file of the dedicated server itself? I got the output.log which is from the "app" that manages it.

Can you go on the server machine and collect these logs:

..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Dedicated\UserData\Log_Dedicated\

Merci!!!

9. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    sorry, I never remember the right path, here they are for yesterday race.

Watched the replay, Johan R got a penalty for overtaking 2 cars that were off track after a spin, I suppose the server asked him to give back the positions in a given timelap (what he didn't not seeing the warning). Next lap he goes off track so the 2 cars overtake him but haven't been warned.

Would be great if we could have sort of a "Marschal file" with all the warnings, flags and penalty reasons given by the game, or have them visible in the replay. GG Fredy and Speedy25 had several S&G penalties at the begining of race 2 but we can't find the reason, they say they were under the speed limit in pits, and I have nothing in the incidents list for them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  10. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...erver-spezial-virtual-machine-and-lags.16208/

My experiences seem to coincide with all the problems mentioned here and additional ones, such as automatic start of the race sessions etc. I don't understand why we are left here for so long! RaceRoom needn't be surprised that more and more people are switching to other simulations or even "games" - sorry!
    ------------
    Meine Erfahrungen decken sich scheinbar mit allen hier genannten Problemen und zusätzlichen, wie automatischer Start der Race-Sessions etc.
    Ich verstehe nicht, wieso wir hier so lange im Stich gelassen werden!
    RaceRoom braucht sich nicht wundern, dass immer mehr Leute zu anderen Simulationen oder gar "Spielen" wechseln - sorry!

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Just calm down. These issues were introduced with the patch just before Christmas, which was only a few of weeks ago and during a period when many developers are taking a well-earned break. Despite this some of the issues have already been fixed. I highly doubt hoards of people have just abandoned R3E forever because of a few DS problems.

I understand these things can be annoying and frustrating, but exaggerating the "consequences" isn't going to make fixing the issues any faster. What will help is if you provide full information, logs and evidence of the issues to help the devs track them down.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The problem still persists, the dedicated server does not change between sessions, and we have rooms configured in different ways, but they all fail at some point

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yes, unfortunately the server can be stuck at the end of the races. Also, I guess it's a side effect of the new manual cooldown lap, but the server kicks almost anybody out after clicking 'Continue' when the track rotation changes (except for a few occasions when it randomly lets you stay).

14. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    a "workaround" that seems to work at 95% is when players quit manualy (ESC and QUIT button) the server just after the race.
    If one stay until the end of the session, the server gets blocked and the player can't leave, then the only way to quit is ALT + F4.
    The cooldown option doesn't seem to have an effect, we had 30 players on tuesday, half of them had the option but everyone quit the server before the end of the session and it restarted after the session duration countdown expired.

15. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday i tried some Settings.

It should be the issue "server hangs at race end" seems can be prevent by setting "Wrecker Prevention" to OFF.

...but some errors still happend.

as example...
    Server is running a long time at the day, but at next day all settings, serversettings are lost.
    only with backup files they can be restored.
    ...and the sessions have tonstart manually - i think this are one of the current biggest issues.

16. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody.

I BELIEVE I no longer have the problem with the server freezing.

BUT I still have the problem that the dedi server itself completely loses all settings at some point during the night.
    ... this problem has existed since I (not long) have been running a dedi server.

Furthermore, it would be really helpful for autonomous operation if someone could explain how to automatically load settings into the server and start the events / sessions.
    The automatic start of the Dedi server itself is not a problem.

I have attached both the settings and the server logs since my last settings setting last night. I hope it helps to fix bugs or to help me. ;)
    ...in a 7-Zip file - i hope this is OK!?

Oh... can someone tell me where to find the Dedi BuildID?
    I only can find:
    File Version: 70.0.1238.46536
    Product Version: 70.0.1238.177608
    Last Change: 11.01.2021 13:47

Best regards Achim

Attached Files:

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it is a DTM 92 server and is always stuck o Portimao qualifying. Join the room and it is impossible to do anything. The session seems to have finished but refuses to cycle through to the race. The only option is to leave the room. If you rejoin it is exactly the same. No idea about settings as it is not my server. I will post the server name later.

Seems the last patch has not fixed this issue nor the one of getting stuck once a race has finished. I also got a new mulltiplayer bug yesterday where I got pole position but started last and the timing and scoring was all messed up.

18. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The problem still persists

19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Which one? Ran an event tonight and everything worked fine other than the last person on the server getting stuck.

20. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We have 5 rooms open daily 24/7 and every day we have to restart one or more of them that have been blocked