Misc RaceRoom Community Bot [Updated]

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by CaptainCoffee, Dec 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    (Last update: Monday 8 February, 2021)

I'm presenting you the RaceRoom Community Bot for Discord!

This bot brings quite some goodies to the RaceRoom communities that use Discord as their homebase.

It is able to show multiplayer ranks (rating, reputation and position), profile information, search for profiles, easy access to leaderboards (as those aren't easy to find on mobile), car and track information, ranked multiplayer server info, the latest schedule... A lot of goodies!

Pictures say more than words, so here are a few previews A full list of the commands can be called directly from the bot by sending !help.
    • If your username is the same as it is on RaceRoom, it shows your rank automatically. rank_direct.png
      You can also specify a user by firstname lastname or username rank_active.png rank_inactive.png
      The colors explained: Green = first page and active, Blue = active, Orange = inactive
    • Shows all servers from all regions. servers_unfiltered.png
    • It might be better to filter for a specific region (Brazil, Europe, Oceania or U.S.) or rookies servers_filtered.png
    • Either yourself (if your username/nickname is the same as ingame) or for a specific username / firstname lastname profile.png
    • Shows the current Ranked Multiplayer schedule schedule.png
    • Gives the possibility to show information and a link to the store for cars and tracks. You can search for one if you don't know exactly how it's called. search_car_pt1.png search_car_pt2.png search_track_pt1.png search_track_pt2.png
    • Especially useful for mobile users that can't search through the mobile browser: find the car/class and track combination and returns an URL to that leaderboard search_leaderboard_pt1.png search_leaderboard_pt2.png search_leaderboard_pt3.png search_leaderboard_pt4.png search_leaderboard_pt5.png
    • [​IMG]
    • !help (returns all available commands as a DM)
    The new version also includes a few settings for Discord server owners:
    • !settings prefix (to change the prefix from ! to something else)
    • !settings dmonly (always let the bot answer in DM's, unless the user it replies to doesn't have DM's open)
    More features and commands will be added soon™

I've created a Discord server where you can keep up to date, make suggestions, get help and of course get access to the bot itself: https://discord.gg/N5MjgTPndb

The invite URL for the bot: https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=685510655087738880&permissions=1100880&scope=bot
    The permissions are to make sure the bot works as intended. A few commands remove messages from the user that were sent as additional input, for example cars, tracks and leaderboards. The permission to send messages prevents the bot from being stuck in a timeout channel. The bot also has a feature to display the current number of ranked players as a voice channel (which will be enabled soon™ and permissions are required for that part too). No changes will be made to the server, channels and messages are left alone. For more information, join the Discord and send me a message

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    The !servers command has been updated, you can now filter on region or rookies:
    • !servers Brazil (Brasil, Brazile)
    • !servers Europe (EU, Eur, Euro)
    • !servers Oceania (Australia, Asia)
    • !servers US (USA, United States, U.S., U.S.A., US West, U.S. West)
    • !servers Rookie (Rookies)
    (Italic are alternatives, everything is case insensitive)

If you want to show statistics:
    • !servers sof (Strength of Field)
    • !servers stats (Displays current amount of people per region)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  3. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Inviting the bot is possible again!

It will keep working on the servers it is currently added, but the amount of servers and members has grown significantly bigger than I anticipated - so thank you to all, I'm glad you like it!

The new version of the bot will have a lot of new features (9+). I expect that it will take me one more week to complete it, but it is definitely worth it. I'll post an update when the new version is live and ofcourse an overview of the features.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. Ian Paskin

Ian Paskin New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good work can’t wait to add it...

• Like Like x 1
  5. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    The bot is back with a completely new version, the first 2 posts are updated!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Great stuff as always...have already implemented it in our discord.
    Thanks a lot for that! :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    New commands have been added!
    - Combo:
    - !combo (or !combo car) - generates a random combination of a track and car
    - !combo class - generates a random combination of a track and class
    - !combo multi - generates a random combination of a track and 2 classes

- Random:
    - !random - will ask what kind of random item you want
    - !random car - will ask how many random cars you want (1-15)
    - !random class - will ask how many random classes you want (1-15)
    - !random track - will ask how many random tracks you want (1-15)
    You can also specificy directly how many you want by adding the number, for example:
    - !random car 6
    - !random class 3
    - !random track 5

Updated:
    - !help - there were too many commands to show at once, so I've updated the command to show a menu first

• Like Like x 1
  8. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    POG CHAMP!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    There's a new @Bot Update!

Bugfix:
    - European endurance servers did not show up when searching for !servers europe

Updates:
    - !random will now show an image of the requested car, class or track if only 1 is shown
    - !leaderboard-export is now capable of showing more than 25 entries, with a limit of 75
    - !rank, !profile and !search are updated to improve results

New features:
    - !players command will show the players for a specific server. Because there are a lot of servers, a choice has to be made for a specific region. The bot will ask for a region, but you can give a region as well
    [​IMG]
    - !players eu, !players europe for Europe
    - !players brazil for Brazil
    - !players oceania, !players down under, !players nz (and a few similar) for Oceania
    - !players us, !players usa, !players america (and a few similar) for U.S. servers
    - !players endurance to search the endurance servers (only works on wednesdays when the endurance servers are up)
    - !servers endurance will only show the endurance servers, regardless of region (as it's one region at the time)

I want to thank you all for the kind reactions I've received about the bot!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  10. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Small update:

!settings where #channel1 #channel2

This makes the bot only respond in specified channel(s), one or multiple. If you want the bot to respond anywhere, you can use

!settings where anywhere

11. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Bigger update: 2.4.4

- !twitch
    implementation is here! You can now let the bot join your twitch channel and use it to get the rank of somebody.

- !settings region
    makes it easier to set a default region for your discord server. Especially if you want to know about the European servers, you can now set a default region.

- !settings servers
    Automated message with current servers is finally here! Pick a channel and a region, and the bot will automatically update that message with the current servers, cars and tracks

I would like to thank you all. 60+ servers and 10.500+ members are using the bot on a daily basis - awesome!

Join the discord on https://discord.gg/N5MjgTPndb

Invite URL for the bot: https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=685510655087738880&permissions=1100880&scope=bot