Resolved goodbye race room

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by obotar3, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Squeak, squeak.
    Just seeing if I can get rid of a couple people!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i lowered the break squeal volume slider to zero tested all the touring cars which are affected i have done the hard braking test to make sure they up to optimal temperature after an hour testing the sound is still there. how can it anything but mechanical i e brakes springs and throttle

3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I can only hear the break noise that's all.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The only "squeaks" I can hear on DDF racers video are either brakes or tyre scrub. Turn both of those down. If you still don't like the sound you are in the minority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i may be in the minority but i have been racing now for 17 years i e gran turismo 1 2 3 4 5 6 and gran turismo sport Forza motor sport 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 toca race driver 1 2 3 Assetto corsa project cars 1 2 i have never once come across a problem with the cars only in race room after investing money into r r e i expect all the cars to be problem free no just 70% of them.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Why cold brakes sounding like cold brakes is a problem?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    KTM, Touring Cars.... I bet this is actually about the turbo whistle
    (which is also an actual realistic sound and not an error, just like everything else you can hear in those cars @obotar3 ). :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    if that is the case why 30 % of the cars as cold brake squeak and not the other 70%

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    no idea, im not an engineer
    (to make sure tho, is this the actual problem? Christian has a different opinion, pls make the call)

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I drive lots of different cars both for my own enjoyment and for testing purposes, I haven't noticed anything that seems out of place or it would have been reported. Eg in one of the latest cars to be released there was a problem with one of the samples in beta where a key or similar could be hear jangling in the car, it got removed before it ever got near the public game. We haven't had any other reports of strange sounds other than from yourself, that's with over 1k players online every day.

If you provide a video of your own and give us a timestamp where this "problem" occurs then we can have a look, without that we cant do anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I checked (not all) cars, almost every have brake squeal. Not all samples are the same noticeable, some louder some less noisy, some with higher pitch some with lower.:cool:
    You also can hear them testdriving the cars in the store. So there is no reason to complain.o_O
    Best thing (for you not enjoying them), you can eliminate them by setting the brake squeal volume to 0%. It works, I checked it, too.:)
    upload_2021-1-16_20-50-32.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    We're going around in circles here like a squeaking brake disc and we don't even know if it's that noise that's bothering you, if it's a whistling turbo or its blow-off valve? Maybe suspension squeal, or maybe the tyres? One last try: leave the overall volume and only one of the many sound controls at 100% and drive a few metres. If the sound is not audible, set the last control back to zero and the next one to 100, and keep going until you find the control with which the disturbing sound is associated. I am curious! Or provide a video that clearly shows, that annoying sound...

Oli

Btw: don't expect all cars to sound the same. Brake disks may be made of different materials, with different diameters and masses, different brake pads, all of which have different physical properties and react and oscillate - and thus sound different.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Not working... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thank you i will try that

• Like Like x 1
  15. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thank you i will try that

16. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i am going to try a couple of suggestions sent by a couple of players first

17. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    check out d d f racer on you tube he is racing at mid Ohio in g t 4 race in a k t m car the sound happens 19 minutes in when he in cockpit view and changes gear

18. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Please rewatch DDFs video @obotar3 ... you're not talking about those single clicks, are you? o_O That clicking noise you hear is caused by his own paddle shifters being audible over his microphone!

Oli

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Transmission whine?
    Do as suggested and record your own where it starts and ends or take a screenshot of that video at the exact point you first hear it, at least then we have an exact reference point and are all on the same page, the only things i hear that maybe it from 19 minutes is the Trans whine and brake squeal.

20. obotar3

obotar3 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i have watched the video again it is a squeak i hear it is not the brake squeal suggested by other members it is a transmission squeak every time you push the throttle take your foot of the throttle to change gear it squeaks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.