Feedback on [BETA] - RANKED servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Right, but a proper Elo system would mean that the higher your rating the less points you get for every win so there comes a point where you can´t progress so quickly anymore as each win counts for less. @Nico Kunze you are in p31 with only 22 races and even there is one person in the top 20 with the same races. Did you ever do a race on one of the free track/car combo servers? On those it is pretty easy to be taken out by a noob and DNF with the best ability in the world.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats the way it is in r3e as well. At 20 races my gains for a win were already much smaller than they were after 5 or 10 races and the guys even further at the top hardly gain a significant amount in a single race at all
    Not any time recently but when i started with the ranked races i did quite a few races in the aquila on portimao. Never had any trouble there tho except for one or two hairy moments while lapping somebody but as i said that was quite some time ago so things mightve changed there

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    So what´s the explanation as to why the ranked servers are usually empty? Is it the content used or the system or something else?
    For me the decline came when they servers were split by regions. It´s a bit absurd to have a single ranking system when it is not possible to face off against a player from another region due to ping limits.

4. Warrpirek

Warrpirek New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1 )Because someone have to enter practice mode to start timer, then wait 15min and in this time noone will noticed that race will start, noone will expect.
    2)People dont want to wait more than 2min on "match" in any game and people dont want to practice for solo race.
    3) any new or casual player knows this ranked system exist.
    I wrote suggestion what will fix this empty serwers. One Word, schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Disappointing as I have solo lapped for 14 minutes waiting for anyone to join to no avail. Not sure what the next step is for S3 to get some momentum with these servers but I pretty much have given up hoping to find someone to race with.

6. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I got tired of being rammed in the first couple of corners or have someone "hunt" you down and ruin your race. All is well and good but my rating takes a major tumble because of these people. So I gave up on the servers. I would love to join a community but I work shift work and am in Canada. It is hard to find competitive racing without the wreckfest mentality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yup, the obligation to join a room before qually is probably the single most important reason why people don´t join anymore. It´s like these rooms with 3 hours of practice for a 5 minute race. Why?
    For that we have single player mode or leaderboards. Multiplayer should be about racing not hot lapping.

I know the reason behind it and to some extent it worked but maybe too well as now there are not just no problematic players but no players full stop.

8. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Closing the server in qualification limits the participants It's true but in my case every time that someone connects I lose the FF for an instant and many times end up with offtracks

9. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    After the boom of Online Drivers during the Coronavirus Lockdown, the Average Daily Peak is dropping back to values similar to before the Lockdown earlier in the year. This is no doubt one of the (potentially) many reasons why Numbers are low lately from what others are saying, link here for Stats & Graphs which shows the decline quite clearly:
    https://steamdb.info/app/211500/graphs/

10. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The problem of ranked is to find all the levels. I am far from being the best but I defend myself a little.
    I understand that everyone has the right to play, and I have nothing against new players, quite the contrary.
    But a number of them do anything in the race.
    In qualifying, leaving the pit, they cut you off, or smash you at the first corner. Defend anyhow etc.
    We find the same configuration as on public servers.
    Maybe on private servers, players are more correct and know a bit about the rules.

11. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    What always irittates me in any public race are people leaving it after some minor crash or position loss. Like, seriously? Why not bringing it to the end? Why not fighting for the one place before last? Or you know, just crossing the S/F line? It's notorious when there are ~20 drivers on the grid, but only 5-6 of them make it to the end.

12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    With todays update and the new information on ones ranked racing history i can answer a bit more precisely now. Ive done 5 ranked races with the aquila at portimão (so free car and track) which makes up almost a quarter of my total ranked races. Those 5 races had 24 drivers on average (in total ranging from 21 to 27) and i didnt get a single incident point in any of those 5 races so it definitely is or at least was possible to have clean races on free content servers. However as far as i can remember i never was in the middle of a big group of cars which will have helped in avoiding incidents and all those races were in february. Would of course be possible that etiquette on free content servers was better back then than it is now (or a couple months ago when you first asked)

13. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just finished a ranked race in Dubai. I start from P13 with a pretty good pace looking forward to drive into top 10 or better, but after a few corners I got pushed from behind by a guy that missed the braking point. I spin he drives away. One lap later pretty much same situation and one lap later same again and again and again. I had 5 chrashes and ended up in the wall. None of them was really my fault, but I end up with a -27000 points of reputation or whatever it is called. Guys, I know I am frustrated right now, but I really do my best to drive fair and respect other drivers. I get a bad reputation for this race without beeing responsible for the crashes. You really have to find a better way to find out who made the mistake and is responsible for a chrash. It is not fair to punish everybody who is involved. I am not talking about a situation where both cars are side by side. I guess in most of the crashes like I discribed the one who drives in front has not to be blamed for the incedent.

14. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    One problem with put more responsibility to the car behind is it could trigger "brake check" behavior, either intentional or drivers just brake to early knowing it would not affect their rating. The speed difference could be an factor to include here, but in your situation it might not been so big, it could maybe be used to sort out drivers totally missing the brake point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  15. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    A question regarding ranking points. If you crash in a race & the car is too badly damaged to continue, do you lose more points by quitting the race rather than staying on the server until the race finishes?

16. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see longer races with open setups and mandantory pitstops. You could simple double the ranked servers and every event. In example, this season GTR4 cars on Bathurst 15min race, fixed setups and 30min race, open setup, one mandantory pitstop.

I would like to have the option to record only certain replays. For example only MP replays, or only ranked races, or only singleplayer replays.
    For example, you could report violations in the ranked races without having to record every replay in singleplayer too.

17. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you might be right, and perhaps it would lead to another problem if toxic drivers tried to use this mechanic to their advantage. From my experience it is not so easy to make someone crash into you by braking. Unless he is already in your trunk. It's much harder to surprise an experienced driver. Most of the time, a faster guy behind you will find a way to avoid a crash and overtake you instead. Also the speed difference is something that can be used to register braking without a reason. I don't know how much you can get out of the data.

On the other side it is much more easier for a slower driver to divebomb or even crash a faster guy from behind.

So, knowing it will only effect my rating if I crash into somebody on purpose will probably be more effective than trying to avoid to be overtaken by a faster guy by braking at an unexpected place on the track.

18. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I proposed to devs to take into account who have much speed at the impact moment - his fault. This hill help with ALL back kicks.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Cercata

Cercata New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have just been playing 3 days on the ranked servers, and this is amazing !!!!

What we really need now is more people, and once we are much more, we'll be able to put more races, longuer races, etc.
    And see if rating/reputation works well when it grows.

The key of this success I think it's the collision model. Eager to see how this ranked evolves !!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cercata

Cercata New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same thing has happened to me several times in Dubai with the Gt3, but didn't happen with the other cars almost.
    With the WTCRs the begging of the race is crazy, but I think it only happened once, and the other driver i think he spinned too.

I wonder if there is something we can do to not spin when you are hit from behind ... I guess you only spin when you are on the limit of the traction ... I have to experiment more.

Also sometimes it can be your fault, because of moving while braking and changing lane, and the guy behind can't avoid you. And sometimes you move while braking to avoid something, and it's a race incident just ...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021