Resolved Dedicated server not switching between sessions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think this wasn't a bug but a setting on the server you were on.
    There is a setting called "Reverse Start Order Places". I think that attitude was important.

2. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Error "Server hangs at the end of the race" ...

Presumably the setting "CheckeredAfterTime" must not be OFF on the server.
    I have now set this setting to 60 on all servers.
    I suspect that players who do not "leave" the server within the server setting "RaceFinishDuration" (30 for me) + CheckeredAfterTime (60) = 90 seconds - i.e. click on "Continue" or "Exit", will no longer be taken into account and the server continues regardless of the players who are online.

BUT the most curious thing I have is that at some point during the night the servers (events) are still active and as long as the server is not hanging at the end of a race, it can also be entered and played, but I don't see any server on the admin website!
    It looks like there isn't one.

So all that remains is to restart the server.
    After that there are actually no more events on the server.
    These then have to be imported from a backup file.

Here are a few notes on the behavior of the server, game, events, sessions ...

RaceRoom Dedi ...

sometime during the night there are no events on the admin website - so everything is empty.
    Server itself is still running.
    Events are still listed in the game> Multiplayer.
    Joining events is possible as long as the server did not get stuck at the end of the race.
    Races are not finished. (Setting CheckeredAfterTime = OFF)

In the game:
    After quitting the server and starting it again (no events are active), events are still in the multi-player.
    From multi-player back to the main menu and back in multi-player> only now events are gone (correct).

In the game event:

If event setting:
    CheckeredAfterTime = 60
    WreckerPrevention = OFF

For players who do NOT click on Continue at the end of a race, the mask with Continue is displayed permanently.
    Server seems to end the event and to continue correctly with the next session of the event (or if StayInPracticeSessionIfEmpty = 1, practice to restart every 10 seconds).
    If the player now clicks on Continue, he will join the same event and its NEW session.

In the screenshot (attached) you can see the state that the events of my server are listed in the game in multiplayer.
    At this point in time I have an empty admin website - it looks like no events have been created, but the events are still running on the server.
    Furthermore, the status with CheckeredAfterTime = OFF is here, so the servers will hang if not all players have clicked continue in time after the end of the race.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Esr Admin

Esr Admin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    This is still a problem. We have one session that keeps getting stuck.

4. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    they are investigating on this issue, we have nothing to do except waiting for a patch

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  5. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    No sorry...we have this alwas set at 120s and our server hangs at the end of the race.
    Wrecker prevention is always OFF on our server...

Mentioning the settings: I never found any documentation on some of the server settings. Most of them are obvious...but some of them aren't.
    Because we are not sure what they are supposed to do we are unsure how to set them.
    I guess it would take 15-20 Mins to write a decent documentation...this could solve a LOT of problems and support those who support Raceroom by providing the servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi there

I agree with you on the documentary - well, maybe not just 20 minutes.
    If you want to do that sensibly, it will take a little longer.
    Basically, however, a reasonable documentary is actually missing.

Sometimes you can find fragments, e.g. in change logs:
    https://store.steampowered.com/oldnews/11222?l=french

To the mistakes ...
    Good - I already said that the attitudes I mentioned have a positive influence when it comes to getting stuck at the end of a race.
    Eventually the events have to be recreated since the last update or at least (no idea) re-imported.

My servers start with #ACX.
    Anyone can of course try it at any time and of course give me feedback. ;)

... I have to import every day anyway, since no event is displayed on the admin website, it looks as if an event had never been created.
    It is only possible to create a new one or import it.
    But if I look under multiplayer in the game, I see the servers and can even join them!

Here I also noticed a NEW ERROR ...
    The multiplayer list does not update correctly!
    When I leave a game (I was in it alone), the time (training) continues to count down.
    But the option "... stay in practice ..." is activated and works on the server too> I can tell when I go back to the game and the countdown starts again.
    Anyway, I've often noticed that the multiplayer page is anything but up-to-date - even if you click on Update server list below, the list is anything but up-to-date.
    This is only up-to-date again when you leave the page and re-enter it.

So I really have to say that when it comes to bugs in both the dedicated server and the game as well as (I'll call it that) the master server at RaceRoom, it's all a hobby shop and worse than Microsoft - every feature update seems to have more bugs than Bring features.
    Then updates are thrown out shortly before the turn of the year, which brutally annoy and annoy all of us, especially in our free time.
    Sorry, SOW WHAT'S A NO GO!

By the way and with a BIG PLEASE TO ALL ...
    Please do not take it personally, but it slowly annoys me when everyone swaps the words!
    The server is the software.
    Event is the set route with the cars etc.
    The routes within the events are then sessions (it can also be found on the admin website if you want to end them, for example).
    Unfortunately, the admins are very unhappy with the names of the "servers" - as I said, these are events!
    So please ALL SO NICE and ALWAYS use the correct names.

... and how many always think that you change your "tires" yourself - because you change your "wheels"!
    Just as often wrong ... "wheels" instead of "rims" etc.! ;)

7. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    for this, you might have something wrong on your server, because there is no need to import, all config is still there on our server, but the windows server is powered on 24/7. Even after a server restart for Windows update, we just need to start dedicated and all config still there.

8. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Many Thanks.

Yes, the server (Windows 10 Pro) runs around the clock and is up to date.

There may be an error, but I have already had it checked via steam - without any knowledge.
    ... that the data is still available, otherwise the servers in multiplayer would neither be visible nor even be able to contribute.

Could it be that it is due to the DSL separation and thus the receipt of a new WAN IP?
    Because it always seems to be around this time (around 3 a.m.) when the DSL connection is being re-established in a controlled manner.

9. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    not sure about the IP thing, our server is hosted with static IP

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Setting the 'Checked after time' is a good idea actually, the player still gets stuck on the server at the end of the race and ALT+F4 is the only way to get out, but at least the server progresses further on its own in that case.

11. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In my last tests it was not needed to close the game.
    It was possible to continue or exit to the Multiplayer-Site.

12. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @Balrog I already tested that, and it didn't seem to work better. But I'll give it another try to be sure.

13. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you want, you can also test it on my servers, but these are not yet final, mostly free content. my servers all start with #ACX ...

14. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    let's hope today's patch will help us mark this topic as RESOLVED

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I did a quick test remotely and the issues seem to be fixed!;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It may be that various problems were eliminated.
    Unfortunately there seem to be new ones.

Today I checked in a few times as a viewer on a couple of my servers.

I realized that I (and all the other drivers) were suddenly thrown out of training or qualification.
    It was probably just a coincidence that that didn't happen in "one" race that I went to.
    The Dedi server did not show any errors in the "Dos window".

Another mistake:
    The server was entered by a person (driver).
    Then I got in as a spectator.
    But the driver got out again, and so did I.
    In the multiplayer list afterwards (even after updating) a player was still displayed online and the countdown in training continued.
    At the end of the training, the countdown is still at 0s.
    Only when you update the server list will the server be shown as empty.

17. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Nope, it's worse than ever.

Tried ranked races on WG and Brands.

Brands training session over - kicked out of the session back to the lobby. Entered the server again, training starts again.
    Happens twice.
    WG training session over - kicked out of the session back to the lobby. Entered the server again, training starts again. After the training the quali session started - end of quali - kicked out of the session back to the lobby.

18. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I've been reported that as well.

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I'm keeping an eye on our servers, but I haven't seen random disconnects yet, hopefully it stays that way.

20. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    it happened to them on ranked servers and on our dédi, several time, if someone disconect from the server, everyone is kicked if I well understood what they said.