GT3 Physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScoPi, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Nothing stops server admins from using multi-class requirements, say "GTR3 + GTR3 Legacy". So it's just an option; you can use this class separately or make bigger grids with all GT3s available. Right now ADAC14/15 is the only way to race some of the old GT3s without having to deal with the new ones.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, If they care or know how to do so. So many rooms seem to be limited just to WTCR 19 for instance.

3. ScoPi

ScoPi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never came back to it, but the December update indeed fixed a ton of issues and the GT3s are once again very driveable--and that's the opinion of not just me but several in my community. I'd give them another try now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, I understand it can be frustrating, but this, I believe, is a problem with server admins, not with the game. Just because they don't bother thinking about classes choice doesn't mean the devs should ignore these BOP issues and leave the class as is...

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yah but you will get more rooms just for current cars due to those admins! We already have that issue on the ranked servers. In the sam way, to run as an ADAC you needed to have bought that version o the car and not just the standard GTR3 one as you get in starter pack or other packs.
    Some of the older cars are currently faster than some more recent ones so it is not such a bad situation.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    ^This. I don't think the BoP situation is as bad as some make out. Sure there is sometimes a class leader that is clearly ahead of the rest, like the M6 (which may at last be "fixed"). But perfect BoP isn't going to happen unless all the cars are identical, which the GTR 3's aren't. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, which mean they are better or worse suited to certain track layouts and driving styles, just like real life. It's not S3's fault that many organisers tend to stick with a limited rotation of popular tracks, which means the same cars are always going to have the "advantage".

If people were a little more diverse with their track selection, and spent the time to find the GTR 3 that suits their driving style, I think BoP complaints would be considerably fewer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I seem to remember in the
    2017 RDGTC Championship the series winner drove the Chevrolet Camaro GT3, not one of the fancied cars.
    Bearing out your point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Any server can have any cars, it's easy to set up a server using just the older GT3 cars (doesn't have to be the ADAC packs). The fact that people don't is their choice. No need for a separate class as such, just remove the newer cars from the selection.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    To cut a long story short, we pushed an update to the cars earlier than we should've in hind site. The way our eSports series run can limit how often we can push updates, so some great ideas which weren't fully polished off made an appearance too soon. All rectified now, thankfully! Just to give an idea of how long these things take to fully ready, work on the this GT3 physics set began in June 2018!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1