Problem VR does not work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stevieray, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Stevieray

Stevieray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not able to use VR anymore. It use to work I am not sure which update broke it for me. I have tried uninstalling the game and starting with a fresh clean install, but it still does not work. I and not sure what the problem is. When I start the game in steam I see the icon saying the game is starting but it never starts in the headset. When I look @ the monitor the game is running in vr monitor mode but nothing in the headset. Is anyone able to help me?

2. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Press a mouse button first and then recenter the picture.

3. Stevieray

Stevieray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried that. It is not in the headset at all. All I see in the headset is the steam vr banner saying raceroom up next. It never loads in the headset.

4. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have no clue then. What's your headset? Other games working fine?

5. Stevieray

Stevieray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am using the Pimax 8KX. I just tried a few other games and they work fine.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while I launched R3E but I remember R3E stops rendering if resolution is above 4k horizontal (no PP, full FOV). However, friend of mine running Index was not able to repro that, so it could've been Pimax specific issue. That said, I always had to lower the res below that on my 5K+ and 5K XR. But it is also possible something changed in the game. HTH.