App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    What is this "software"?

2. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    SimHub simhubdash_dot_com

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
  4. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Good Day Scout... .

A.. Thank you for the work on Reality... it makes what I am doing possible. I have a deep history of working with computers and would offer up testers services to you if you need any bodies to do that kind of work.

B ..Do you have a set of features that you are looking to add? If so, can we see them... I have a set of suggestions/wants for use in broadcasting, but I imagine you already have them on a list....

Here is last night's race, edited and uploaded overnight form my massive 1Mbps upload speed.. ( cough)

cheers..

5. diggital_vf1

diggital_vf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear Racer,
    first of all I would like to thank those who create and maintain this program. But I would like to give a suggestion because I don't get this installation to run.
    First of all, I've done eas so far!
    1. Did I download the Nodejs v. 15.7.0 and installed it in programs.
    2. The File R3E-Reality-1.9.5 downloaded as a zip and unziped on the desktop. All programs and R3E server is on the same computer.
    And has another Steam client like R3E Game.
    3. Start.bat started, My race server started, race server runs in the browser under http://localhost:8088/ . Then http://localhost:9090/# opened in the browser.
    4. On my second system in my Steam Client this startup command
    -broadcastUrl=http://localhost:9090! R3E Game started and joined my race server as a spectator.
    Unfortunately, I see in the spectator R3E only the track no data etc.
    On the WebBrowser where the server runs only this according to images.

Now I would be very grateful if I would explain to me if I have a mistake here or what I have done wrong? Surely this would be useful for others at this point if we could see a correct explanation here.
    I hope that I have explained everything correctly here and that you understand what I have done so far?

Thank you for your help and best regards Chris

Attached Files:

6. diggital_vf1

diggital_vf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a picture of the game computer and game with spectator mode. And another terminal image from the server system.

Attached Files:

7. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish?

Computer A is acting as a Server

Computer B is the system you play on

A is running Reality. A is also running steam and has the Spectator start up command edited to output to the localhost to port 9090.

B runs the game client, also edited with startup command to enter spectator mode.

The above is how I understand your setup.

Your gaming client needs to be sending data to the machine running the server, if that is where the Web Page interface will be used. The game needs to be sending data to the machine running the web browser controls for the Spectator mode. You could run Reality on B and open the browser on that machine to the 9090 port and you would see the info

8. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I streamed a race on Daytona, and there was no information on wheels in the tower.
    Previously, there was such information, in the options the function is enabled.

9. diggital_vf1

diggital_vf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    J. Simonds

Thank you very much for your explanation. Just as I understand you, do I need to share port 9090 in the router with the server and client system? I'll test this later and report again if it works.

Best regards Chris

10. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

What do you mean by "in the tower" ? The right side position display??

11. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

if you are on two different networks,, that would be the theory..

12. Dusko Dogandzic

Dusko Dogandzic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Scout Great job on last update and implementing additional API options.

I have request/feature would it be possible to add additional camera options in default layout currently they are TV | D | C ... I would love to be able to switch to Heli, action or static during broadcast it looks like it would make stream more dynamic. I know space it tight maybe push side bar options at bottom of page or replace livery image in line.

Ur software in action :)
    viber_image_2021-02-07_20-14-12.jpg

13. TKINGSY

TKINGSY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a template to make a custom overlay??

14. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    If you are at all handy with graphics software.. "you can do it" ..or you could bribe me!...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    There is a default spectator overlay that you can work on on github: https://github.com/sector3studios/r3e-spectator-overlay/
    You can also edit this one amd when an update occurs, use a diff program to find and merge any changes. I'm just editing this one after an update manually with some custom tweaks/addons tho. Takes a few hours but easy to do

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Scout
    in the class DTM16, the icon for activating the DRS is displayed incorrectly. Can I move to another location?
    [​IMG]

17. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    You can change the .less of the widget to move the other 2 a bit more to the right, but when they don't have a valid lap it shows a small gap. It's a tricky one upload_2021-2-18_10-31-21.png upload_2021-2-18_10-30-0.png

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  18. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Since the 1.9.5 update, whenever I broadcast, the auto-director stays locked on 4th place for the races. Anyone know why this might be, or how to fix it? It isn't locked for the practice, qualifying or warm-ups, but once the race starts, it just stays on whoever is in 4th place. Unfortunately, it's difficult for me to troubleshoot while driving in the race on another computer!

19. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    If number 4 is really close to number 3 or 5, the auto director will keep following him. But make sure to double check if auto director is actually enabled, it can sometimes turn off when switching sessions.

20. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions. Auto Director is definitely enabled. I connected to a random race and noticed that it was also locked on 4th place. I looked at the "Director Suggestions" and noticed that 4th place had the parameter: FocusOnPoleDuringRaceStart with a weight value of 30 during the race. I think this is why it is always locked on 4th place for me. Does anyone know how to edit the values of the parameter weights, or why that parameter is still being considered/so high during the race?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021