Problem Game crash around ~1h in a race.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jlsanl, Feb 4, 2021.

1. jlsanl

jlsanl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    while i'm playing I didn't have issues but sudenly (arround after 1H in the same race) the game crashes. I tried to find logs or errors but I didn't find anything. no windows errors, no RaceRoom logs.
    I run integrity checks
    I reinstaled completely my computer and it happend again.

I attached my PC components (CPU-Z report)
    I'm also using:
    - Fanatec Podium DD2 + BMW wheel + V3 pedals
    - Hp reverb G2 as VR headset (WMR + SteamVR)
    - Simhub for bodyshakers
    - CrewChiefV4
    - Discord
    - StreamLabs OBS (I'tried whithout it and crashes aswell)

Please help me! I want to finish races ;)
    Regards.

Attached Files:

2. jlsanl

jlsanl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Today I have got the same problem, it was racing a 15m race and close to the finish the game closed again .....
    Please help me ..

Attached Files:

• Log.rar
      File size:
      670.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Rüdiger Lampe

Rüdiger Lampe New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    reinstalling OS and Software doesn't help if something is wrong build at hardware or maybe faulty.

At first it will be a good idea to check BIOS Settings specially System Memory settings and also check all connections.

When BIOS & Connections seems to be OK then build your system down to only needed hardware, and start to stress test CPU, System Memory, Graphicscard.

You can also use nearly every Live LINUX cd/DVD/USBstick, you'll find memtest as start option so only test will run without full OS installed, here you'll find a walktrough:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16666/diagnose-hardware-problems-with-an-ubuntu-live-cd/
    on Windows:
    for 64bit Systems use these three tools, for 32bit System use 32bit pendant:
    Memtest64 for System Memory testing:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-memtest64/
    CPU test prime95:
    https://www.mersenne.org/download/
    and for graphics card try:
    https://benchmarks.ul.com/3dmark

But remember strip down your system to only needed hardware, when all test are good install one by one your other hardware and check when error happens again.

At least take your time, don't run the fast tests run the deep ones espacially for the System Memory.

I know when system doin such thing it's very annoying and mostly hard to find the error. I wish good luck to find the error fast.

kindly
    Rüdiger Lampe

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  4. Rüdiger Lampe

Rüdiger Lampe New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For example a picture I got yesterday,
    RaceRoom runs well but his wheel do crazy things from time to time and he noticed that error only because he got a new computer and strip down the old. Also System sometimes hangs and we could see no error in the logs. The fault happens as he last year rebuild the cpu cooler, the cpu falls down and he didn't checked wether all pins are ok and on replacing some pins get completely broken.
    upload_2021-2-15_18-7-9.png

This is only an example what small faults can cause system errors/hangs you not everytime can see in logs. Therefore you need deeper testing with the tools from my first post.
    kindly

Attached Files:

5. jlsanl

jlsanl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Rudiger,
    after do some test using prime95 seems that I'm having some random issues on my CPU.
    I'm doing a tons of tests, I'll keep you informed.
    regards and many thanks for you help.

6. jlsanl

jlsanl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The prime95 issues was not real issue.
    I tested multiple times more than 8 hours and it works fine. (i made many changes trying to for the error and I may create some false errors.)

I tried prime95, OCCT, memtestpro, realbench and i didn't get any error.
    But issue still happening.
    Regads.