Ningbo is fantastic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lixma, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Due to some performance issues when I bought it I hadn't given it much time - but now it's fine and running WTCR there is peak RaceRoom. The circuit is beautifully rendered, especially during morning/afternoon, and bouncing all over the curbs in the twisty bits is *chef's kiss*.

Anyway, carry on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  2. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I didn't give Ningbo much love when it first came out as I didn't feel it flowed very well.

Have to say I'm starting to agree though. There are some great direction changes in the WTCR cars, just need to start dial the braking zones in as there aren't too many reference points.

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    My recommendation is P2 at Ningbo :D Or Aquila, just fits perfectly.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Agree on that track. :)
    But would love to see this being optimized for VR users. When Silverstone and Zhuhai have been released the 3D performance was similar "demanding" but these've been optimized well and running fine but not so Ningbo yet and its already a while on the market...:rolleyes:
    I'll have to step back to 2D view to enjoy this beauty. And I for one do prefer these Non - Spa/Monza/.. mainstream tracks.
    Trying to keep my hopes up ;)

5. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bump
    Still no love for this track to perform in a bearable manner for vr users. There is no such bad performing track ingame by far, -outstanding bad. :(
    Has there been any optimazition at all?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    There was a competition with the Hillclimb Icons at Ningbo in november 2020 and it was really great fun with these fast cars. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I added it to my track list over the weekend and others because of the discount sale, thank you RaceRoom. I use the game with a reshade and track environment is one of the best. You really need to find your groove on this track, so much fun yet demanding as I need to focus so much unlike other tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Quoted for truth.