Delta time wrong?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von RogerSaele, 18. Februar 2021.

1. RogerSaele

RogerSaele New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did the Lakeview Hillclimb competition (with the Judd). It said my previous best time, which the delta was based on, was 2.59 something. I raced several times with the delta showing as much as -13 seconds when crossing the finish line. Otterhud even reported expected lap time at 2.4x something (which would leave somewhere at the top of the leaderboard...which I thought was unlikely). The best time I got was 2.58. The delta time must be wrong, right?

2. RogerSaele

RogerSaele New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, that was yesterday. Doing the competition again today and now the delta seems fine. Anyways, hillclimb with the Judd is mighty fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that wasn't the case? I'm not sure I remember it correctly, but I think your delta is based on your best time in your current session, not on your best time in the competition overall (which is what the game tells you in "Beat X:XX time" message).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    I think I had the same problem at Lakeview yesterday. The delta was sometimes incorrect.

5. Roger Sæle

Roger Sæle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader
    Well, when first entering a session there is no delta. After setting your first time you get a delta. My best time in the session was showing. Like mentioned Otterhud also calculates and can display expected time which was wrong, due to the wrong delta which. I also drove several times in that session and got -11 several times, and one -13, but my time on the leaderboard did not improve or improved just slightly. Hence delta was clearly wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 19. Februar 2021