News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Generally thats definitely the case but i wouldnt have expected it to lead to being able to lose rating even when winning a race
    Thanks for asking :)

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I understand gaining exactly zero. But losing? That sounds pretty wrong to me, especially considering the fact that we do not get to choose our opponents in open multiplayer.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin if you tried to send me a message a moment ago just letting you know that i cant see it. Otherwise ignore :D

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    try now

Andi

5. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I had 1750 / 91 before the DTM race yesterday. Got t-boned by a driver (has spun after the hairpin, not his fault) who couldn't wait until the field had passed and wanted to get back into the race through the other cars. Thanks Mr. Achim Köster!
    Logically (!!) I became incident points, a totally wrecked rear suspension what makes the car undrivable out of left handers. So I did what I never did before and left the race. Dropped -57 / -1.6 in ranking. So I am asking me, is there a maximum you can loose? Would it have been better to continue the race and ruin the race of others by standing in their way, crashing into them trying to defend my position with an undrivable car? Or driving into pits (not hitting ESC) and waiting for the race is over?
    What is the cheapest way to get out of the situation without losing too much rating and reputation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I have asked this before, never got an answer!

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...beta-ranked-servers.14152/page-13#post-216018

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    drive into the pits and dont esc is always the best solution

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have a bit of a running problem with Crew Chiefs pre race information, regarding where he thinks I should finish, makes no sense at all sometimes. Now is this info being gained from the API or is this just an independent feature of Crew Chief?
    As an example I qualified first and was told I needed to finish in the top 12 and on another occasion I qualified well down the field and was told to finish in top 3.
    Just to let you know I finished first in a field of 5 and lost ranking, so defo possible to win and drop ranking. I try to stick to large fields now, more jeopardy but better gains, trouble is it will be two clean races followed by a shit show, so treading water basically. Just another quick ball ache, random damage, eg blowouts, missing gears and this bizarre false neutral shenanigans. I seem to get an awful lot of all of the above, which in turn is costing me ranking. If I drove a race car that finds as many false neutrals as a couple I drive in RR, I'd sack the transmission team immediately, what is this weird going down a gear to find nothing but then everything, locking the rear end and 9/10 causing a spin? I presumed race cars were at the pinnacle of engineering, apparently not, more missing gear than a Police Stations evidence room! :D

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What I do is drive to pits, repair my car and complete the race if possible. Might not really help with rating, but should help reputation because it's calculated with a ratio of how many incidents you had compared to how many corners you've passed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarcinP

MarcinP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It can be event worse.
    I've tried oval racing yesterday, and things went south just after start. There was a massive crash at the beginning of race and I was hit hard by a spinning car. So my car had totally wrecked suspension (it wouldn't go straight event when driving slowly). I've tried to go to pitlane (maybe I was speeding a little at the entry, because of handling and breaking problems). Before I could get to my spot I was sent to race menu and couldn't get back to race. Result: -41 ranking, -9.2 reputation (from 92.7 to 83.5!).
    Rating - just bad luck, but reputation loss seems much too harsh.

Attached Files:

11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I've tried 2 Oval races and been Black flagged both times for exactly the same thing, It's speeding in the pitlane, as the speed is set so slow, appears impossible to slow up in time without being whacked from behind. Seems a bit crazy to be rotating on the limiter with one lap short of fuel, don't get Oval racing at all. o_O Just to put a downer on it for you old bean, I didn't get penalized on either occasion, neither have registered on my ranking at all, not even mentioned, in fact, if I wasn't there I'd never know I'd done any Oval racing. So what is going on S3? Phantom Oval Racing?

12. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Well it is unsupported. As such, I don't know how it can be included in the ranked races.

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it´s bobbins. There shouldn´t be the 30 point limit for oval racing as the crash detection is over sensitive and you can´t draft close without tapping other cars and the pit lane speed limit is too low.

14. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    NASCAR's pit lane speed is much greater than other motorsports. Nascar is about 90 Kph and Sports car is 60Kph. Sports car does not use NASCAR rule like tapping other cars for draft or pushing.

I was on 10 hours ago and find it to easy to drive.

15. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The main problem is, some guys are totally incompetent to drive a straight line on a track like Daytona. They never heard of something like 2-wide or 3-wide, bumpdraft and apron and trying to play flipper in the middle of a 10 car pack. The race itself is awesome, because you have to drive with your head and using slipstream to manage your fuel, but anyone with a gamepad should be banned of this race.
    This is the most simple track on RRRE with the most simple car to drive, but the race gives me so much fun because you have to watch your car and read the race. Very good!
    Next week with FR-US please!

16. chunky40monkey

chunky40monkey Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am what I consider a fair but hard racer as a the great Senna said" if you don't go for a gap your not a racer" but I don't punt drivers off and always try to race fairly! At the start of this ranking system everyone seemed to be racing fairly! now the amount of times I have been punted of the track at the start of the race, ended up at the back! so I get incidence points for someone hitting me great double penalty as I end up at the back of the field! there must be a better system that penalizes you fairly otherwise I am just getting a bit feed up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This, is always a problem. Iracing has the same discusion. I am not a verry fast racer i regret to say. So rating does not bother me that mutch. But reputation i do mind (say clean racing) , but i can honestley say most incident points i got 90% was totaly my own dowing.

I still need to do the Oval thing BTW

18. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I spoke far too soon, woke up to a raft of penalty points on my rank/rep, one of them took over 60 points off me, unsupported my arse, Tiz damned hard to draft without contact, plus I thought this is what bump drafting was all about, I still run out of fuel every other go, no matter what I try and very few people seem to know what they are doing with the round thing in front of them. The majority seem to lose all their mirrors as soon as the lights go green. I really wish people would use the correct FOV rather than the one that looks best, people seem to have the wrong perspective and just pull across, nose swiping all. Yet more frustrating fun that generally ends in tears and tantrums! Rant over!!

19. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Its not the steering wheel, its the throttle. Seems to me 95% are "digital" drivers, they can either full throttle or full brake. You see them comming in the rear view mirror and you know exactly what will happen. They bump your back or try to change lane like crazy, not knowing if there is a car left or right of them. They are totally unable to lift the gas 2%, stay in the draft and make both cars go faster. They would never survive half a lap in Nascar Racing 2003 with that behaviour. It's really a pity, 50% of the races in Daytona are great, the other half is f*cked up.

O, and btw...I think I set a new record. 30 incident points in Spa in 2 laps, just by getting pushed and moved arround by others (ok, I cut Eau Rouge by my own mistake once...). Not bad for a guy wich had a reputation of 95 last week...

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I lost 9 points in one Nascar race from 91 rep. That will take ages to win back.