Me and RRRE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leksa K, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Leksa K

Leksa K Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Not many postings from me on this forum, but here comes one, like it or not;)
    I've been using Raceroom from spring 2014 and seen it grow from it's frankly cumbersome beginning to it's superiority of today. Three years ago I didn't have much faith in it honestly. But now, it's became as good as you could wish really! Of course there's things to develop even further, there always is in every program, a normal state of things.
    But as it is today, it's an A1 grade simulator, a true piece of technological art.
    Thanks for these years of hard racing Sector 3, and thank you for GTR and Race 07 years too before Steam days, you are a top class team, respects from an old fogey :sunglasses:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    agree 100%
    When raceroom came out i was heartbroken/horrified i could not believe my favorite dev released that. But i kept an eye on its and soon enough at first possible sale with dtm 13 about a year after the release i started to see the potential. Couple months of leaderboard and suddenly after a few updates it really came alive.

Thank you sector 3 for not giving up and getting together what is currently my favorite game and second of all time for me behind GTR2.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I got the game in May 2016. I had read lots about the game and much had been negative. I think what final drew me to the games was a continues updates. I had been using a G25 since 2008 and had been playing GTR2, Race 07. As a shift worker it was difficult to get into Rfactor online racing as it did not match my schedule at the time. I had all but stopped playing sim racing. Then I started hearing a little here and there about RaceRoom. So I decide to take a leap and buy it. I was still using my G25 I loved the game. After several months into it I purchased Thrustmaster T300 and the game changed again for me and gave me a even newer experience. I agree, thanks Sector 3 for the past and future enjoyment from an old fogey:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can only concur, been here since Jan 2013, riding the wave of disappointment to elation, from "oh my god" to "ooh lah lah", It's been a real roller coaster ride but made so much better by this forum and its open Dev input, plethora of knowledgeable posters, who turn anal into analysis, your intellect astonishes me gentlemen\gentlesses. The love of Sim racing really shines through on here and the passion is a joy to behold, having been virtual racing since the dawn of the genre, I do titter at some of the complaints of missing this and that on here, I come from a time when taking corners consisted of counting clicks and you had time to roll a fag (cigarette) between refresh rates. Now, when I fly through Au Rouge, nose to tail, wheel to wheel in the company of a roaring pack of GT3 cars the hairs on my body stand to attention, to me this is Wizardry, black magic, at times the immersion is truly mind blowing. I do also really dig the evolutionary direction S3 have taken, prefer to evolve together than to learn a new Sim each year. I only see a bright future, with sooooooo much to look forward to, GT3, GT4, Porsche, ranking system, leagues, tyre compounds, etc. etc. all wrapped up in U4 next year!
    Yes I would like tri-screen support, weather and a few other things, does the lack of these things stop me from enjoying it, not on your Nelly, far too many car/track combo's to explore and enjoy, I've put some serious hours into RR and have not even scratched the surface, throw in the stunning sounds, fantastic DX9 visuals, exemplary tracks, gorgeous liveries.......................... just remember to some (old farts), we're already in Nirvana but I fully appreciate the drive for more and more and hope to live long enough to be amazed by what the future holds.
    Bring it on!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jepeto

jepeto New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I rediscover r3e after to play on rf2, pcars2, automobiliste since10 years, and I can say that the game is overall. Sounds are great and cars are really good, just miss graphics improvement. I ve bought road America and Silverstone in last. My preferred car is 962C

6. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I fricken love this sim
    I occasionally play the others just to remind myself why I fricken love this sim!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded it at the start. I spent all my time on the hillclimb track. The one thing I miss from the olden days is the challenges...

8. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Its also my main Sim since years now. Its the immersion that games gives, esp in VR. Played nearly 300h AC, 300h of bugs and gamefreezes, even without mods. Now its deinstalled. Same for ACC, dont like the FFB, not a huge fan of GT3. The only other Sim i have installed is AMS2, love it for the graphics and performance, its getting better and better. But driving Gr. A/DTM92 in comparision to R3E is, dont know how to say, dull?! Sound is flat, the M3 is lifeless. In R3E i love that car, it has everything you need.
    Think back 5 yours, when R3E was more a boat than a racing sim, than you know that great work was done to that sim. And it was worth it and i hope the work goes on.

I wouldnt mind a R3E 2 with a new technical base, as long as the content is the same as now.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    What so we can buy it all again but prettier, be like remarrying the ex after a facelift, looks different but you know its the same old bird underneath and she still won't let you play with the Italians.
    If AMS2 is anything to go by, well, prettier AMS1 but falls so far short of the original in, what is the important thing to me personally and that's the driving, AMS2 is, as it stands, pants in the driving department.
    Be a few people sharpening their pitchforks at the mention of RR2 but wait, what's that coming over the horizon, GT3 ….......not! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I know its a weird opinion, that i would pay 65€ again for the same content in sweeter clothes. But if it is the same quality as the content we now have - i would.:oops: