Released WTCR 2020 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Feb 23, 2021.

1. José Vasconcelos

José Vasconcelos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Cupra has 2 side mirrors and there is always the possibility to insert the virtual mirror.
    How many mirrors do You need ??

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I wonder if the developers can win... this year we have all 29 drivers who competed in 2020 and 33 liveries including:

(1) alternative liveries for four cars: Sapag (Car #28); Boldiizs (#55); Azcona (#96) and Kismarty-Lechter (#99);
    (2) ALL five Wild Card entries from the 2020 season O'Keefe (#33), Baert (#15), Fulin (#22), Filippi (#25), Sapag (#28). Wild Card entries are cars/drivers that enter a particular race rather than sign up for the whole championship. WCs aren't eligible for championship points. Some do quite a few races e.g. Filippi did 4 of the 6 rounds.

As several people have noted you can filter the list to your liking in the AI selector and save it. Then a couple of extra clicks (I know - what a pain!) when you race to load it. :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think this is still a legit, albeit very small, issue.

Can it be done in a better way, theoretically? Yes, it can. The automatic AI selector can be programmed to take in account these alternative liveries to avoid double entries. Therefore I think it's fine to express your complaints about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    So I've heard rumours about further adjustments to the Megane's BoP thanks to it being too fast at some places. Can we expect that fairly soon given that it's their turn this week on ranked?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried it, but what happens if you set the AI number to that which rules out duplicates? Eg if there are only 20 unique drivers then set to 20.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Just checked it. There are still duplicates, yes.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Meaning that those of us who don't care about duplicates then have to make the 2-3 extra clicks instead, so people will complain about that. It's a no-win situation, and in my view, one that really isn't an issue.

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Uhm, what? Do you mean "I want duplicates in small grids so I would have to go to AI selector and add them manually"? That's pretty far-fetched.

9. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Friend, be careful, because your fanaticism may be blinding you.
    Try to deny the video and the reality. Go ahead!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Is it just TCR cars or all cars? Looks more like a track issue really.....

11. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have found that corner at Aragon, to be a a particular culprit. A real suspension wrecker.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I'll see if it can be rectified. Normally cars aren't duplicated until the number goes above the number of available liveries.....these are a special case since they are technically the same car.....but I agree they shouldn't duplicate unless it's necessary to make up the numbers.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok Thanks, do you know which corner it is so I can report it, it's probably a rogue hole in the 3D mesh. Easily solved.

14. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I believe it is considered turn 3.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    As above should be turn 3. Dont think its a hole in the mesh or only that particular corner tho. He just hits one of those red dots that are in many corners at aragon and are known for killing suspensions and apparently flipping cars if hit at the right angle. (You can of course still check regarding the mesh just to be sure)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    it's normal. don't touch those red dots

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. José Vasconcelos

José Vasconcelos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "marciovs28, post: 218529, member: 4823"]
    Friend, you need to learn to drive ... on a race car track there are places You can step on, and other places you CAN'T STEP on .... actually it is like that too

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Friend, and you need to let go of your stupidity and ignorance to try to differentiate pilot bug
    By the way, this is not me in the video.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. I didn't see the red bump/dot I'm not too familiar with Aragon to be fair. Suspension damage seems fair then, the flipping seems a little excessive. Probably because he was sliding sideways as he hit it.

20. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Oh, my God, are you serious? Such a scenario only suggests that the driver of the Volkswagen decided to drift on an artificial bump.
    I can throw some more ideas - WTCR/DTM2020 and the first turn of the Red Bull Ring (increasing the rigidity of the suspension will give a stronger effect). Looking forward to a new "exposes". :rolleyes:
    I advise you to learn how to convey your thoughts correctly. It's not that your video shouldn't be seen as a problem, it's that your hating the game doesn't make any constructive sense. We are here to communicate and report information to make the game better, not to devalue the work of the developer.

Once upon a time there was something similar in the ACC at Zolder in Turn 3. There was even a big discussion thread, but I can't find it.

In brief, the suspension was "bouncing" and there was no visual indication of rebound/compression, or maybe it just wasn't working.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021