Problem FFB back to default

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Trying to learn force feedback. Messed up, trying to get it back to default. Can you help?

Thanks "Nash"

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    isnt it part of your controller profile? maybe deleting that ?

If not just delete the options file (not while the game is running) from documents/my games that contains the forcefeedback data, then when you reload the game it will regenerate a default one.

not sure what file it is but having a quick look in them with notepad should reveal it

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for writing UK_SPAWN, but I couldn't find "options" under SimBin in my games. The problem could be in the controller software, but I do not know (very new trying to learn FFB). Maybe someone else would know a path to the data that I have to rebuild in my FFB data or the controller software.

Thanks again,

"Nash"

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Go here: Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\
    and delete a file with the name of your wheel. Start the game, it should recreate a default profile for your wheel and you'd need to reassign the pedals and buttons again.

5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    The default profiles should be read-only, your controller profile is probably a duplicate. So you could take a look at the default profile and see the settings there.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    The default profiles are stored in a different place, they are in the game's folder: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\

7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You can see the default settings in the controlset menu, don't make it to difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I followed the path that Maskerader gave me and deleted everything out of the controlSet folder and RRE rebuilt Thrustmaster back.

Question: When I got to the SinBin folder there were two RRE folders. RaceRoom Racing Experience
    & RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 2. Can you explain, never seen it before?

Nothing like making mistakes and having friends bail you out.

Thanks all

"Nash"

9. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nash, no worries about the second folder. Perhaps you did a fresh install of Raceroom once and the game created this second folder in the process. Another possibility is that you tried and started the dedicated server software, this could also have created this second folder, if I remember that right. So that's fine and you can just leave it like that.

Glad you managed to reset your Thrusmaster profile to the default one, by the way.

Oli

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I did reinstall RRE, but I uninstalled RRE though Win 10 first. I thought Win 10 would take out SinBin also. So I was surprise when I saw it. But, Everything works fine.

Have a good day Oli
    "Nash"

• Like Like x 1