new here - my impressions of raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Techno909, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    To cut a long story short I absolutely love it I cant believe its taken me this long to give it a go - Well done devs

I have been a simracer for 7+ years now and religiously played iRacing - I think I clocked in 3500hours before I decided that I needed something new (mainly for offline)

Anyway during this pandemic I decided to look for something new and bought AC. I do like it but something about it is just not right for me. I then bought AMS2 which I absolutely love especially the sound, weather effects and AI but this game is still in development and missing some important features for me

AND THEN.... I decided to give the free raceroom experience a go and fell in love within the first 45minutes

Lets just say I have already spent £60 on tracks and cars and still have credits left to buy more. I think on iRacing I spent close to £1000 and still dont have as much contents as I do on RR hahah!! I love this sim especially the AI they are incredible to race with, I love the selection of tracks, the endless options to customise races etc

Now as im new I do have a few small negatives comparing to the others sims
    1 - Private server AI - this isnt a thing :( The biggest reason why I love AMS2 is myself and my brother can setup a private race racing against AI in our own virtual league - My brother wants this game but he isnt going to buy it until this is implemented

2 - Id say 75% of the cars sounds arent as good as AC, AMS2, iRacing - They are still great but dont have the punch or beefiness the others do

3 - Damage model - Visually there isnt much to it and I would love to see a hardcore setting where hits to others cars and walls do much more aero and suspension damage

Cheers guys, I love this sim and hopefully see you online soon

• Like Like x 3
  2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0

It was too unexpected.:eek:

Welcome!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Devs also want to add this feature but there's still some work to be done and it's not of the top priority.

4. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    O.M.G....This is totally, very, extremely, unexpected! Now I wonder what kind of audio system you're running. I know it's subjective but R3E is still THE BEST sounding sims out there in terms of sound quality and rawness.

I do have a tiny gripe tho considering the audio/sound of R3E, it's about the turbo sound implementation. The blow-off valve/decompression noise should be throttle related only (or more precisely manifold pressure triggered only) and not triggered by moving the shifter. R3E somehow triggers the noise when you just move the shift paddle/lever. Most obvious time is when you're pulling out from the pit shifting into 1st. The engine is idling(no boost made), you shift into 1st and Pssshhh~....That just feels weird. Also when release throttle and re-apply quickly after, the BOV noise should be cut off immediately the moment you step back on the pedal. R3E however doesn't take that into account and instead plays the whole sound regardlessly. IMO AC and even PCARS 2 have excellent turbo sound implementations in this case. I'm a turbo junkie so I notice details like this a lot in sims.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021