Absolute noob VR question in RaceRoom VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jWraaay13, Mar 9, 2021.

1. jWraaay13

jWraaay13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Title kinda says it all. I cannot play the game in VR. I'm able to get it to launch in AC using Content Manager. That's a fairly easy undertaking, and is highly preferable. I have zero problem launching VR games from steam, but VR sims from Steam, I cannot figure it out. Beat Saber, Phasmaphobia, and Pavlov all launch and work correctly, but every sim seems to be similar. It seems that it takes extra steps for all the sim games.

This is a RaceRoom forum, so I'll stick to RaceRoom. When I launch using Steam, and choose the launch in VR radio button (with Windows Mixed Reality running, as is Steam VR,) but when I enter the environment, RR is playing on a screen below my feet. I cannot launch the game from there, and the only things I find online are instructions from 2017 telling me to right click on RR in my Steam library and configure settings that no longer exist, at least I don't see them.

Is there now a built in command to center the screen in front of the vr headset? Or are there now new instructions as to how to bind buttons that will accomplish what I need?

Can anyone help? I'd like to be able to get that screen to show up in front of my face so I can interact with it.

2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Run RaceRoom in the normal (monitor) mode, enter Options --> Advanced --> Edit Assignements and search for something called ~"Center VR View'". Assign it to a preferrable button (I use one on my wheel).

Exit RaceRoom and run it once again, this time in VR mode and press the button you chose. Voila, the screen should pop up right in front of your sight. Unfortunately you need to center the view this way every time you run RaceRoom (although the button you assigned for centering is remembered).

I hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. jWraaay13

jWraaay13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate it sir. I knew there had to be something. The old method I mentioned above did the same thing, but through the Steam app itself.

4. jWraaay13

jWraaay13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, just following up. It worked! Thank you so much!

I did try to assign it to a button on the wheel like you suggested, but I couldn't get that to work. I tried a couple of different buttons, but I wound up binding it to a keyboard key and it worked fine.

I was able to run it and it was surprisingly good. I was getting 60-67 fps with a 5600x/3060ti on a Reverb G2. Still trying to snag a 3080. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks again!!!

5. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    As Raceroom gets loaded it welcomes you with some random screen with "Press any button to continue... ". As far as I know only keyboard and mouse is acceptable on this stage. As you pass this screen, any button (also on your wheel) should work regarding centering VR view, assuming you assigned it before :)

I'm glad I could help! Enjoy your hopefully long journey with this wonderful sim, as there is so much to explore :D