Is there a way to sort out the really bad aliasing on shadows ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slack Panda, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Slack Panda

Slack Panda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Running 8x Anti Aliasing in game and the cars, track etc generally look decent with the exception of armco barriers in the distance which shimmer (I can live with that though) but the shadows look really bad until you get very close to them.

I've tried using Nvidia Inspector to insert supersampling but can't seem to get it to work despite adding the correct .exe's to the raceroom profile

Any suggestions ? Anyone got supersampling or sparse grid supersampling to work ? If so would you mind posting your Nvidia Inspector settings ?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You might want to try DSR and set a higher resolution in-game.
    If your rig can handle supersampling you should have no issues running the game on a higher res than your monitor's native res, which is basically a full scene supersampling.

You can also experiment with the graphics setting called "shadow split". It should be on by default. Note that disabling it can result in shadow errors (moving shadows) on some track-car combinations.

3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm running in-game 4x MSAA and FXAA enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel. Looks decent enough, is easy on the GPU, and the Nvidia enabled FXAA isn't near as blurry as the in-game one. Still a bit flickering in the shadows, but good enough for me.

I have also been running 4x SGSSAA + 4x MSAA, which is super smooth, but very resource hungry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there's a lot of talk that you don't need FXAA with 4K, but I spoke with Nividia Support and they said even with 4K you should have FXAA on this should work very well on its own.

• Agree Agree x 1