4K graphics settings - what should be on and off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueferrari, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi, can any share what are the best graphics settings for 4K? I have a 2080ti and run most at Ultra, but I notice signage on the back of my car's rear spoiler has jagged edges. Should I have FXAA on or off and Sampling, should this be on or off?
    Any suggestions appreciated.

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a 2560*1440 resolution with a 32" monitor. Everything set to max except blur which I have set to complex/medium (Gives a more subtle look to it) Antialiasing is set to 8x and FXAA is off since it tends to blur the whole picture instead of edges only. You mentioned the jagged edges of the signage on the rear wing, this rather seems to be related to the texture itself showing its low resolution if you're close to it. If you already have car textures on the highest setting, then there's no possibility to improve it further with more antialiasing.

Oli

3. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that. I'll try a few of those settings!

4. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
  5. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I turned off Motion Blur, but not sure what Complex is?

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You can also try crank up your texture settings in your GPU control panel (for this particular game or in general).

7. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    'Complex' is a bit more taxing and might cost you some FPS compared to the 'Fast' algorithm. Below that you can choose how prominent or strong you like the blur to be. Complex plus ultra looks very over the top, smeary and like a warp effect while driving. But it can look great when you're doing screenshots.
    I personally like to have a tiny bit of blur, just enough to simulate kind of a 'movie look' (like footage that was filmed using a shutter speed of 1/50s) Complex and Medium comes close to that look for me.

Oli

8. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that. Good to know.

• Like Like x 1