RR Spa 60 Min Finished 4th, but 15th in Finish-Table?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needlessfox, Mar 22, 2021.

1. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just participated in the 60 Minutes Spa Ranked Racing, Finished at P4, with P3 right in front of me (Manfred Briese approx. 1 sec).
    After the race i'm listed in the Finishing-Table on P15 (also on the Online Website) - could someone please explain that to me!
    Thanks

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Was there a pitstop window and did you pit? If not then you will be disqualified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Did you see if you received any punishment and did not pay?

4. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I had a Pitstop as wanted in the middel of the Race inside the Pitstop-window.
    Yes there was a nonservedPenalty - got 4 Incident-Point therefor.

But why a 11 Place step back from P4 to P15

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Probably this. The 'semi' endurance races have a mandatory pit-stop.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Did you change the tires in that pit-stop?
    Mandatory pits means a minimum of two tires changed, otherwise it doesn't count.

7. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    oh ... that might explain it ... haven't changed any Tires - didn' even know that Tirechange is a MUST ... thx for that info ... but 11 places ... how is that calculated?
    Any Link where all the Rules can be found ...?

8. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Without seeing the results-page, I'm guessing here, but I don't think it's a 11 place penalty.
    I think you got relegated to last place of the class who finished. So either more people mistook the pit-stop, or people quit before the end of the race.
    As for the rules, I don't think there's a centralized link, or at least not to my knowledge.
    But basically, if the race states a pit-stop is mandatory, you have to change two tires minimum.
    For example, the 2-hour endurance on Wednesday doesn't state there's a mandatory pit-stop, so technically you don't have to change anything. Probably not a good idea, but legal.

9. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok ... will keep this in mind next time ...
    Thank you for your answers and your time.
    Stay healthy ...!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    There is no rules page - you might find mention to it on the forum in one of the general guides or on discord, I found that out too by making the same mistake a long time ago and many experienced player still haven´t got the memo either. I guess they don´t read the final race standings or just don´t care but sometimes it has a knock on effect as they run an extra lap due to the time saved from not pitting and put the others out of fuel so no one finishes!

It would probably be better if they got DQd directly after the pit window closed that way you learn fast and are not influencing other people´s races or battling on the road with people that should be well behind you.

11. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just a hint on the Screen like a blackflag could help to recognize it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Or even better, when the pit window open alerts start it could say change min 2 tyres. I don´t use crew chief so maybe it does say that but being an exteral app it would be more helpful if the actual game said it.

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    The penalty wasnt an 11 place penalty. Most likely it was a 90 second time penalty which in this case resulted in you dropping 11 places

14. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    One thing I thought was cool about the Assetto Corsa Competizione and that they could add to the Raceroom is to put information next to the driver’s name saying which driver did pitstop or not!