Question Next Gen Support PS5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickfox2003, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you think this should be Released on Console

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  3. Yes but don't make it cross platform

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nickfox2003

nickfox2003 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I was wondering if there has been any news on Next Gen Console support?

It would be really good to see this title on the ps5.
    I race on the pc with raceroom and acc and i also us the console to race my mates
    i think the ps5 console is crying out for a title like this, it not like the new hardware can't run this sim!
    i know many people who would love this sim but don't want the hassle or cost of a pc and just want to plug in a wheel and drive so to speak.

So any info on this would be great and i added a poll to see what other think.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think this is highly unlikely anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    So how are these "many people" experiencing the sim if they don't have a PC to run it on already? How is clicking the R3E button in Steam any more "hassle" than clicking a button in a console menu? Nonsense statements to "support" an argument never get old. :rolleyes:

All this would do is take resources away from developing the core sim, slow everything down including patches, and probably compromise various features. And for what? A tiny part of an already niche market who can afford the latest games console, but don't have a low-to-mid-range PC laying around? Nah.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    the only 2 major sims that released on consolle are AC and ACC, and both are miles behind their Pc versions

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  5. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Goffik. Acc and AC is on the console and work well for what they are and yes they might not be as as good on the old system, or the same as pc but with the new hardware there is a lot potential to be the same. ah he we are with the elitist crap from you. i have a pc and use it and even i can understand some people aren't very good on pc and installing software and then drivers put lots of people off so how about not being closed minded! also have you ever helped who is pc illiteracy simple task for you are not the same for them.

and yes maybe it slows development down at little but not a lot to be fair. it would be more or less an import on to console and BTW as a console is a closed platform and would be easier to update in the long run lots of other developers manage just fine.

it would just be nice for all system to be able to run such a nice sim and open the this up to more people which in the end also helps sector3.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. Not as good. Why should R3E, a sim which has been enjoyed by PC simmers since 2013, be dragged backwards just to satisfy the tiny minority who would rather play on console than PC? How would that be a good business decision? How would that justify the spreading of resources? How would that be of any benefit to the current loyal fanbase?

And here we are, someone who doesn't like an opinion which doesn't match theirs, so they resort to personal attacks. How pathetic.

I'd love for you to explain how it is elitist to not want your favourite sim compromised and dumbed down by porting it to other platforms that it was never designed for. On the contrary, if you'd actually bothered to do a bit of research before flinging your accusations, you'd have found that I run a racing club that very much caters for and promotes accessibility to newbies and rookie drivers, removing the usual barriers which make them feel excluded. How "elitist" of me...

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of your post, because if you can't make your argument without flames then you're clearly incapable of reasoned discussion. As is so often the case these days, you're someone who expects the world to revolve around you, even at the expense of others.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Please also tell me which features this will compromise. if the hardware can run it then what compromise is there?

I don't see the point of keeping a great sim like this away from everyone no matter which platform they choose.

here is a picture of my pride and joy.

Attached Files:

8. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

the elitist part is you don't want more people to enjoy this sim and good for you helping those that have moved across to a pc as more need to be able to enjoy this. but there is still a big market for other system that can run the sim. if a system can run it no compromise then it is no problem and its simple once that system is not longer able to run the sim then you stop support.

and btw way it was you who attacked the thought or notion of others being able to enjoy your favourite it is one of mine.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    That was (ps4) and it would be a silly move and would stop development yes you are correct for this that is not a good business move and i never would ask for that.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, just because AC and ACC were worse on consoles doesn't mean it must happen to R3E too.

11. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    But when you talk about consoles and cross plattform racing, why PS5 and not "Cube-box"? That microsoft thing seems to be more close to a pc than a PS5?
    Can't remember exatly, was it 6 or 7 month ago? There was an xbox game (which one?) allready running on a win10 system? And should'nt this feature not be available with the next big win update? Ahh...getting old.

12. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes it doesn't mean they have to be worse they can be better on the consoles now. The difference at the moment is the finer details is missing on the console and the newer system wouldn't be a problem. the other thing is with acc and AC on console. Did this affect the development of the pc version. Nope

13. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    It just not consoles if there are system that can run it why not.

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Both the PS5 & X-Box (whatever it's called now) are both plain old PC's, nothing more, nothing less. Easier to port to X-Box I'd presume, due to directX and Microsoft's push to create cross platform compatibility. Wouldn't want S3 wasting any of their precious time developing for either platform. Lets try keep the Sim moniker for RR, bad enough that game controllers are compatible, those zig zagging cars just make me feel seasick and yes I include you Bubbles, although you don't appear to tack down the straights, as so many others do. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Guys, really...anybody who has been on this forum for more than a week or so should have noticed that development time is the most rare good regarding RaceRoom. The small size of the development team is the most quoted reason for features not being developed. You don't need to like this, but it' totally irrelevant if anyone would like to see a console port of RaceRoom or not - it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Discussing this and even getting heated about this is a total waste of energy and effort. Even the change to a new engine on PC, which is surely far more probable to ever happen, is a "maybe, maybe not" for several years now. Some say even this will never happen, so go figure about consoles.

You're arguing about a topic that has no grounds in reality. You could as well talk about extraterrestrial intelligent life visiting earth. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    True about controllers but the same can be said about people who uses keyboard. raceroom promote controller use already so less work to be done .

Also what was that about "you bubbles", Who are you referring too?. I have a dd2 pal as shown In photo above.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  17. nickfox2003

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes. but there was no harm asking is there, well apart from the hate I got back from one guy from me saying about not everyone can use a pc.
    As I say I want more people to enjoy such a great title.
    They have so much content they could just package as a sim itself and then no development time goes on the ps5 apart from the port time and anyway I believe they hand this to a 3rd party to do anyway. But as you say it pointless. I will stop trying to promote a great sim.

18. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I may be wrong but my perception is that most console buyers see Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo as simulators so the market for RaceRoom on console is likely not that big. I'm also not sure console players would look past the graphics and engine regardless of how good the game underneath is.

As @SuperMonacoGP says console versions of previous sims have never been as good as the PC versions so a console version is unlikely to tempt existing players away from their PC.

Finally, as @Arthur Spooner says the RaceRoom development team is small. Getting updates and content through Sony and Microsoft processes for release on console requires investment in terms of time and money that the development team don't have. A console release would ultimately slow development of the core game.

In an ideal world I'm all for anything that gets RaceRoom out to a greater audience, in reality I think a console release would hurt development of what we already have.

• Agree Agree x 1