What with VR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sergeich, Mar 17, 2021.

1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Ryzen 7, Radeon RX5700XT, Oculus Rift S

Dirt rally 2.0 - works fine with High settings
    ACC - works fine with medium settings
    AC+CS+SOL+Horizon work fine with high settings
    Half Life Alyx :) - works fine with high settings

Raceroom - slideshow with minimal settings

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. thetriggerfinger999

thetriggerfinger999 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Only thing that made it somewhat smooth for me was forcing "asw 45hz" in the Oculus tray tool. Obviously not as smooth as 80hz but at least it doesn't stutter anymore. I use 4x Msaa and most other things on low apart from car textures. I have a 3600 and a 5700xt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody run forum searches these days? Or check the stickied posts right at the top of the forum lists? There are THOUSANDS of posts on this already, we don't need another thread.

And your claim that ACC works "fine" at medium when R3E runs like a "slideshow" is total rubbish. Do some research, read the extensive threads, check your settings. Simple.

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    No and no.

5. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  6. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You are so toxic always. Instead of asking how boost to performance, you bitch.
    Here you go: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/vr-performance-tweaks-tips.13068/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dgmoral

dgmoral New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem, I have tried everything OTT, OPENCOMPOSITE, etc ... and I do not get a stable 40 fps in this game.
    It seems to be a problem with ASW and RX 5700 XT.
    Have you been able to solve it?
    Thanks,

8. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Guys.
    For the thousands time: this sim runs on an ancient DX9 engine and it's a miracle that the devs even managed to give us VR. Performance is therefore ok'ish, even on highend hardware, that's just how it is. Make sure to run shadows on lowest setting and use opencomposite, that'll help most.

9. dgmoral

dgmoral New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the information

10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have no title that does not run well with my Oculus Rift when setting medium and high settings. I have almost never run into VR problems with any sim I use it for , with Dirt Rally 1 being the only exception, and that just after their last final "fix". Wreckfest I even play via Virtual Desktop app and then the cineplex mod. Try it, sinc eWreckfets has no inbuild VR. This way, its still a game changer.

My used VR titles:
    AC, ACC, RR, DR2, ETS2, Eleven Table Tennis, First Person Tennis, MS Flight Simulator 20, Box VR, Sportsbar (rarely these days), Thrill of the Fight, A-10 VR, Racket Fury, Racket NX, Pinball FX VR, Katana X, Google Earth.

But then, I never use any exotic mods and do not push settings that look impressive by sliders and numbers in the settings page but do not make a difference in VR life vision. I tend to assume that many people reporting issues or "bad performance" even with hardware superior to mine, have platform-depending indivudal issues indeed, or messed it up with settings either in game or in general hardware/VR setup of theirs, or simply have unrealistic expectations of the likes of: "I have spend a million on my hardware, now I want it to move the universe."

My specs in my signature. And those specs are sufficient to run VR absolutely okay and satifying and smooth and good-looking, no doubt on that. Thats why I love VR.

11. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Oculus tray? RR works with SteamVR only. OpenComposite dont work anymore. Anyway it goes away with any update.

12. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    The newest driver 21.3.1 has massive performance issues with RaceRoom and SteamVR. If possible switch back to 20.5.3 or 20.4.2.

13. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Have download link?

14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. thetriggerfinger999

thetriggerfinger999 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oculus tray tool works with steam vr, the program just needs to stay open while you play steam vr.

16. Leo Valentino

Leo Valentino New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll just throw this out there, maybe it'll help. I personally run with no HUD in VR, and have heard it said that webhud will eat frames like the cookie monster in VR. So if you are using that, try running without it. Also under game settings in options, turn "save replays to disk" off and see if that helps.

Other things I've done:
    • Turned off logical cores in BIOS
    • Used XMP profile 2 from my Ram manufacturer (Although Dram Calculator has better timings, I just can't be bothered to be honest)
    • In Windows 10 turned off any power saving features for all USB/Hard Disk-SSDs
    • This one is serious voo-doo who-doo as I cant verify it at all, but I had heard unplugging the monitor from the video card before starting a game helped, been doing that ever since. (I always power down the monitor before unplugging it)
    • Undervolted and overclocked my Vega 56 - this helped a crap ton for temps.
    • Pray to the car gods to ask the computer gods to show me some love, not sure this one worked :confused:
    I can run with ASW off on most tracks with dips down to the 40's in the pits, though on certain tracks I do have to enable ASW @ 45fps force through OTT (Oculus tray tool for anyone that doesn't know the acronym).

My system is what I'd call middle of the road, so that leads me to think it has something to do with settings/drivers in your case.
    Ryzen 5 2600x
    Vega 56
    32 GB ddr4 4000
    System drive NVME
    Games drive NVME

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    - How to setup VR in Raceroom?
    - Hogwarts waiting for you !