Rammed by someone who is pissed off because I overtook him.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race2Live, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is not the first time I've been rammed by someone else. But this is far more unacceptable.
    He is pissed off because of my overtake move and deliberately rammed me, and ended my race.

I understand that you cannot watch every single report video and penalize players, but this is way too much. Unless that kind of behaviour is penalized, we will see these kind of unsportmanlike act more and more.

Here is the video:
    https://streamable.com/brri1q

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Alternative: Looks like you totally divebombed him and then he accidently missed his brake point and braked too late. Or you brake checked him. And then after the crash you let your car roll into the race line to hopefully take out the cars that came behind instead of just stopping.

How are you going to prove I'm wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's not a divebomb. You can see it from the braking point. I braked where I should brake every lap. He braked very poorly and gave me a space inside. So thats why I've chosen to attack inside.
    I know that wasn't the cleanest move, but definitely not a divebomb.

And even if that was a divebomb, does it give him right to ram me? That is anger and revenge. There is a clear difference between racing incident and unsportsmanlike act. And unsportsmanlike act penalized very heavily in motorsport.

So your point is not valid in my opinion.

I didn't brake check him. I'd braked where I should brake every lap. Haven't you see the speed difference when he hit me? He didn't even brake at all. I advise you to play Norisring with Audi TT and see the reference braking points.

And your last point is also irrelevant to the main issue. After I hit the wall, I tried to move the car to see if it is alive. It took me one or two seconds to understand it is totally dead. Then I stopped.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Yep you got hit , but your video doesnt show any info that could help judge this to be deliberate or not ,
    For me you definately overbrake into the corner , but thats just my experience of how i take that section ....
    After that ended your race ? You werent in the barriers , your car was facing in the correct direction , it didnt look overly damaged, ok you lost a few places but thats racing ,

Andi

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I once had my engine dead in a TT after what looked and felt like a moderate hit, at speeds much lower than in the video.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My engine was dead 100%

Just look at the speed difference when he hit me to see if it is deliberate or not. I've watched the replay many times. He almost didn't brake at all. And I didn't brake test him. I'm sure about that.

And I really don't understand why you are reluctant to see the biggest issue here and focus on other things.

The man has literally rammed me. Thats it.
    After such actions, it makes me even more sad to see people behave like;

"cmon man just move on, thats racing."

No it's not racing. It shouldn't be like this. And I really started to belive that, the more people get away with these kind of actions without any penalty, we'll see it more and more...

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Your move definitely looks like a divebomb to me. Pretty much agree on the rest tho

8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yep, 100% a divebomb, you were nowhere near him when the gap you went for started to close. If you want to challenge the line the driver in front is taking through the corner you need to have significant portion of your car alongside him before the corner.

Yes, he might have braked too early, but you were nowhere near to realistically take advantage of it.

Agree with the rest though, the speed difference didn't look like a missed braking point...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that's good to know; still moving from hotlaps/AI to PvP so these insights help - my initial thoughts were 'he just went for a gap', but maybe not.

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but it works both ways. You pushed Llorca away from the corner line he had already taken and it is not apparent that you would have been able to take that turn the way you did had you not leaned into your opponent. That's not very sportsmanlike either.

That being said, Llorca's follow-up move can hardly be judged as an accident so we will get in contact with him and take the appropriate disciplinary measure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Being nowhere near him before the braking at the first corner doesn't mean I divebombed him. I totally braked where I should brake every lap. Just because he was very slow, it seems like I braked very late, but it is not. I agree that it was not the cleanest move but it was not a big bump. Just a touch.

And I could have posted the video by just cropping the second part. But I wanted to show you the whole situation as it is. Because, the real issue here is that, there is a guy who is pissed off and rammed me. So if you focus on the first corner, you are missing the real issue here. Because the first one is racing incident, the second one is unsportsmanlike behaviour.

12. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with you because I have been pushed by other players many times before, but I haven't rammed them just because I was angry with them. That doesn't justify the act.

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What exactly are you disagreeing with?
    I said that his move was not ok and that we will take appropriate disciplinary measures.
    So I have to conclude that you disagree with me saying that you divebombing the guy was not ok either.

You should accept that you're not infallible and that a move like the one you pulled there doesn't qualify as sportsmanlike conduct.

14. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Where the braking starts doesn't matter indeed, but where the driver in front starts to turn into the corner does. He is going for the ideal line, and you're nowhere close him when he starts to turn to really challenge hist line.

The fact that you can take the corner faster, or that you braked at the same point as you usually do doesn't matter either. This isn't TT, one of the aspects of racing is that you need to adapt to what's happening around you. You cannot just yeet it into a corner and force a guy out of his line because you're faster.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The part that I disagree was:
    "Yes, but it works both ways."

If you put what I did, and what he did into same category, that wouldn't be right I guess.

As I said, I agree that it wasn't the cleanest move, but I don't think I deserve to be rammed after that :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    As i said earlier i honestly cant tell from the video if it was deliberate , your initial move was very late and i think looking at it if he wasnt there you would have collected the wall , as for his move id like to see his onboard , to see what happened , as for the dead motor , ill pass that on to a dev to see if the collision box for the motor is correct.....

Andi

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I agree, revenge has no place in racing. We don't tolerate any kind of retaliation.
    I wasn't trying to say that your move and his are equally "bad", otherwise I would have informed you that you will also face disciplinary action. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For the reference, here is my braking point comparison between the "lap -1" and "the incident lap"
    https://streamable.com/euzmvt

Thanks for your time btw.

19. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    in the first video it is not seen if the divbomb is already a retaliation for a previous action, it certainly seems so

divebomb from 200 meters come on...

20. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It 100% works both ways. You're not racing against disciplined professionals here and you rolled the dice with that first move big time. What he did in return is totally unacceptable but had you not barged past in the first place then he would not have had reason to retaliate - of course hindsight is a great thing but a little foresight would have prevented this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.