Rammed by someone who is pissed off because I overtook him.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race2Live, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As I said many times, I've braked where I brake every lap. Since the gap is very big, it seems like I braked very late but it is not.

He braked very early. If you say that I have misjudged the effect of traffic above him, yes you might be right. But I had no intention to divebomb or push him. That what matters to me.

But he was definetely angry with me and pursued the REVENGE. Thats my point since the begining.

2. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Both are in fault, first indecent blue & white car tried to cut off black car at the apex. Black car has the right to his line. Second indecent black car punts blue & white car.

3. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to raceroom... I also find this behavior too common...

Because.. well.. we are noobs, as such, us pleebs have nothing to say.. we are always in the wrong... do not try to defend your position here as you will just get attacked.. if you are uber-driver, you are crap.. if you don to drive as well as the elite here, you are non-person.... this is a tight nit group that does not take well to anyone new coming in and.. well saying anything... this community is very .. err.. abrasive, unwelcoming, .. it just isn;t a very friendly place... especially if you put in a post like yours... the rule they seem to go by is "if you are slow, you get punted"... and because you might be slower than them, that makes you guilty... you might not have the alien brake point, and that is your fault and you will be punted if you brakes earlier than the aliens... yeah... you can try to make your point, but it will just bounce off them...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Well, this is quite the interesting discussion right there :D

If you don't mind, I would like to voice my POV too about this incident (I work as a track marshall for my team since few years)

First, the overtake move :

In the case an incident happen during an overtake move on a corner, our track marshall staff will approach the problem like this :
    - if the attacker has more than half of his car besides the defender before hitting the apex* : the defender's fault
    - if the attacker has less than half of his car besides the defender before hitting the apex : the attacker's fault
    - if the attacker has half of his car besides the defender before hitting the apex : race incident (both have the possibility to avoid an incident and nobody do it)

Let's come back to our case. Here, the overtake move worked without causing an incident. Judging by what you said, @Race2Live, the move wasn't completely intentional. I think it is right to say you were lucky right there and I wouldn't be surprised if you really felt lucky at that moment :D
    In the case an accident happened at this moment, it was very likely to be a representaion of the second scenario described above and you would have been considered responsible. Hopefully, no accident happened.
    So, I will end the overtake case with a little piece of advice : try to be a bit more careful when you are in the traffic against opponents potentially slower than you. After all, they might have different braking points than yours so you have to be ready to brake earlier that you usually do. If you hit someone in the back, it will be on you, even if that someone is slower than you.

*(when I say "before hitting the apex", I mean the moment you start turning and aim for the apex)

Now, the big accident at the following corner :

Well, there isn't much to say for this incident. The only problem here is I don't know if the driver in the black Audi brake or not before hitting you but considering the speed difference between you two, there is a good chance he didn't brake at all and, in that case, that would definitely look like a terrorist attack (I know, I exagerate a bit) with revenge as the main motive. Of course, this kind of behaviour can't be tolerated in simracing and should be dealt properly.

And that's it for my little post ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The same thing happens to me as in the first video... but offline.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Very well explained.
    Thanks for your time. :)

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    While I agree the move was more aggressive than it should have, I disagree on how hard or significant the contact was. Look how the cars went through the corner:
    overtake.jpg

The black car 1) didn't bounce off, 2) kept side by side with the blue car, 3) doesn't look like being slowed down compared to the blue car, it kept right behind it on exit.

What about "blue car wouldn't make the turn", I think it looks like that not because of the blue car's speed but more like due to understeer caused by the black car pushing on the blue's side on exit like that:
    understeer.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  8. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thats a tricky corner many races ive had there have done the same Overshoot the corner/Braked...But was some what clean but that last part him taking you out thats not fair...Hey we all do that once and a blue moon and if there where Voice com's to say sorry or even if you typed it

9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Well... maybe the driver of the black car had to open its turn when he saw the white/blue car divebombing him, to avoid a bigger contact. If black car made it to the apex of the turn (as he had the right to do) the contact would have been very different and white/blue car wouldn't be able to pass safely.

At this point the fact that the contact wasn't so hard is not something to look at, it's juste a matter of how far behind was the white/blue car when he made the move to pass while the black car was already making it's turn.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, probably. I just wanted to add my two cents on the topic of whether the blue car could make the turn without the black car or not.

11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I really hate drivers, who are driving the same if there is an opponent or not.
    If one want do this, there is a nice hotlap thing implemented.

A race driver is a racedriver, when he can look what is happening in front of him and takes is action right.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jon Andersen

Jon Andersen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

13. Jon Andersen

Jon Andersen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You did a dive bomb. Your usual braking point is of no relevance here. There was traffic ahead you needed to adapt to, which you just admitted that you you did not do.

What if :
    you were in his car, experiencing that braking at your normal braking points resulted in you being pushed off your line by what you argue is not a dive bomb, and suspecting the reason was that you were too slow: Why wouldn't you brake a little later at the next corner?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I would'nt call that a divebomb. Breaking point was ok for a trail breaking, maybe it was'nt the best decission to go for the inside line. Turn in a bit later and hit the throttle harder is what i prefer in this corner, so you can out-accelerate him up to the next corner. But hey, this was a hard manoeuvre but still no reason to overreact in this way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jon Andersen

Jon Andersen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If this is not a dive bomb: What is?

16. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would have turned the corner without touching the wall on exit, even if the guy wasn't there.
    The reason it seems not likely from the video is; because I released the trail braking and hit the throttle just a little early. So the car understeers.
    I didn't lean into him too much that makes a significant difference. As I remember, there was no incident points for that move at all.

Finally, it seems there are different opinions whether it was a divebomb or not. But anyway, main issue here was the unsportmanslike conduct. I am relieved that it was noted and taken care of by the RR crew. That's what matters to me.

For my part, I've learned from the people who spent their time to write constructive criticism here. Thank you.

17. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am not going to discuss whether it was divebomb or not again.

But for the second part where the accident happened, you are totally missing the point. The guy literally rammed into me for a revenge and you are saying;

"Why wouldn't you brake a little later at the next corner?"

Why would I? Why would I compromise my exit and lose my position on the straight? Even if I would do that, the guy didn't even braked at all. So he would have rammed me anyway. And btw, watch the second video I've posted above. I've braked almost exactly the same point as I've braked the lap before. So it was not an early brake.

18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    So the situation has happened and is not changeable anymore.
    Hopefully you've learned now a bit how to drive in a race. And he gets his Penalty.

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Closing this one as it has run its course .....

Andi

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.