New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`d like to see the same perspective in the virtual mirror as in the `real` rear-view mirror.

2. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I know that feeling. My temporary fix for that is a field of 30-40 Ford Mustangs from the GTO Class. Gives you ad least a bit of a Nascars/Stockcar feeling with the big V8, amazing sound and the 4 Speed Shifter

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    me too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    yeah maybe optional colors would be great.

5. s9khenrik

s9khenrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Save the AllTimeBest... replay file while doing a Leaderboard Competition. This should be extremely easy to implement since this feature is already there for the normal leaderboard, just call the same function :) With the unfriendly replay UI finding your best lap in a long session currently is next to impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Join the race at the warmup session like Race07 :cool:

7. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Ability to cycle through pit menu options even if confirmed (green).

It might be a safety feature(?) but having to 'unlock' an option before you can change it adds an extra layer of faff, especially while driving.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    - Dark mode.

- When a car hits you and btw you hit another car (e.g. in the next second), incident points should not be added to victims.

- A way to report drivers who do not drive fairly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Setup slots.

e.g.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Terje Helle

Terje Helle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think R3E and the ranked servers would be even better if:

1. You could send a message to the people you raced with after the race, like send them a message on their profile site. This would make for at better community feel, and you can get to know each other.

2. See the laptimes on the ranked race list. Best lap, and overall laptimes for everyone.

3. See the ratings of everyone on the ranked race list.

4. Connect the forum to the race room experience site. (where you can see the statistic of the drivers and such.) This would again make for a easy way to get the community to reach out to each other.

5. Make championships that last for a few weeks out of some of the ranked races.

I know about the Discord server, but that makes for chatting there and then, and then it disappears for ever...

This would make R3E as good as Iracing, and I believe it would take the sim to new heights. Im really enjoying this sim at the moment, and are my go to sim for online racing. I pay for Iracing, but use R3E... :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    When Valerbanen arrives how about a permanent Raceroom TCR server dedicated to the Viking circuits - a pseudo-STCC.

15min qualy (open, no practice) - 15min race - track rotates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Add % to the TC preset pop-up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    About that pit options. I think it would be nice to have a key short-cut for every pit-preset. I calculated there are maximum 32 different combinations you can make (if you do not take fuel-amount in count):

1: Tires
    2: Tires Front
    3: Tires Rear

3: Tires & Fix
    4: Tires & Fix Front
    5: Tires & Fix Rear
    6: Tires Front & Fix Front
    7: Tires Rear & Fix Rear
    8: Tires Rear & Fix Front
    9: Tires Rear & Fix Rear

7: Fuel & Fix
    8: Fuel & Fix Front
    9: Fuel & Fix Rear

.... and so on

Of course, it would be overkill to have so many options, but it would be nice to have though, so you can bind one key for i.e. :
    * pit-request & tires rear & fuel
    and another key for:
    * pit-request & tires & fix

Currently, I have an Android Tab, where I can press buttons to select which preset to have, but still I noticed that my driving becomes dangerous when pressing several buttons while confirming that I really have chosen the correct preset, in worst case I miss an apex, or forget about another racer on the inside causing a collision.

The best way for me is just to have a single button press for pitting, without any confirmations, then you do not need to visualize the screen and can concentrate more on the racing.

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer.

If anything you would have buttons that just cycle each variable. Front and rear tyres. Fuel up down. Aero fix. So 5 buttons.

You do know that you can ask Crewchief to do all this for you anyway?

15. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    A sledgehammer is the best way to crack big nuts. :D
    But actually, I did not know that it would work so well with Crewchief. I have tested this speech-recognition system with Crewchief, and it seems to work better than with a sequence of button/key presses, hence I tested to change some settings manually in the pit-menu, and Crewchief seemed to notice it and set the correct settings when I i.e. only want to change the front tyres vocally. :)

16. bksz

bksz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Request for us VR drivers...

Have the possibility of having only one virtual mirror in cockpit, instead of running with all mirrors, or all mirrors+virtual.

This will reduce the the load on the hardware. (not just VR, but everyone).

Its available in iRacing (pro drivers drive like this with monitors as well).

17. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Option to disable motion effects during replay viewing, please. In my case, D-box motion.

Motion running during replays can be annoying but, it seems the effects are actually much stronger during replay than during game-play.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    In the replay menu - a way to distinguish between multiplayer and single-player sessions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    As we all know, car physics in Raceroom is subject to continuous improvement (a good thing!) with updates from time to time.

A consequence of this is that set ups that you have made (even if only adding or removing fuel) for a particular car will always be loaded by default even after the physics for that car have been updated.

I was driving the Lada TC Cup car on the Nords 24-hr track over the weekend and my times were way off my best and it was handling like a wet sponge. :confused: Only when I decided today to make some adjustments did I notice that my set up had dozens of changes listed (the game tells you which settings differ from the current default). Only then did it dawn on me that there must have been a physics update on the car since I last did this combo and my old set up was useless (indeed it was awful - but I thought it was my driving :eek: all weekend!).

I loaded up the new default, made a couple of minor tweaks and it was so much better. :D

So my suggestion is it would be great if the game could alert you to the fact that the set up that has been automatically loaded is older than the current default set up, ie the loaded set up save date value is less than the default set up save date value.

Message could simply be "Your engineer advises that you are using a set up that is older than the current default set up and it may be out of date. Would you like to go to the set up menu to review?" Or some such wording.:cool:

It would save a lot of mucking about and grief (and perhaps a lot of complaints about the game or FFB suddenly being "broken".):p

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I've just experienced again the horror of trying to navigate the pit menu while racing.

So, can we alert the pit we are coming in for a drive-through penalty with a single key?

e.g. press 'D' for drive-thru - press 'D' again to cancel

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021