News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Actually it was working the next server cycle..

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    One year for 8 point of Rep ?? you kidding ?
    8 point is a matter of a few clean races to recover...

I've already lost once 9pts after being kicked by the game right after the end of Qualification, It took me less then 10 races to recover my 90Rep, and meanwhile I could still race most of the server as I was still over 80.
    If you need a year of racing to gain 8 pts of Rep, it mean that you don't race really often or you really need to improve your consistency on track.. Either way a lost of 8pts in your rep once for this is NOT your main concern...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Its true that i dont race a whole lot but to get to where i am now from when i last had 8 points less took 34 races. If i drive 2 races every 3rd week that is pretty much exactly one year. Those 34 races arent down to me driving badly either but just how the system is designed once you get a higher rep. Of course you can argue that at such heights one shouldnt really worry about the exact reputation but if the only goal is to stay above 80 then rep itself becomes mostly meaningless and one can just start going off track in all kinds of places looking for an advantage without much being done to stop that

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    34 races to go from where to where ?
    If it's from 90 to 98 .. of cours it takes time (and TBH it's totally useless for anyone to look so closely on this metric when you'r above the 90's), but for going above 80 (say 75 to 83) .. if you need 34 races (!!!) for that there's something you might need to correct on your side first.
    You don't need to win any race, or even race again fast driver... You only need to race clean and finish the race. By doing so it's really only a matter of 1/3 the races you say.. A Clean race give you between 1 and 2 Rep point period.. Even with some incident point (less than 10) you'll get at least close to 1 rep .

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Yup 91-99 is roughly what im talking about for me and as i said one (for example you :D) could argue that one shouldnt pay too much attention to the exact number in that case but as long as its being tracked i also wanna do well in that regard. And then losing huge amounts for a single disconnect whatever the reason can be rather annoying.
    I know youre talking about a different range of reputation where this might apply but i can only dream of such numbers :D. Ive had 0 incident races that have gained me 0.02 and a race with 1 incident point that has cost me nearly 0.1, so a single off track would mean nearly five 0 incident races to make up for it. With that in mind it might make more sense why i feel an 8 point loss is a lot to make up (or it might make even less sense why i even care :D but as i said if its there i wanna do well at it)

• Like Like x 1
  6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Check this from about :50:

That driver`s deliberate crashing cost me 8 points...
    I just checked: that driver picked up 39 incident points, 28 of which were for crashing into other cars, and only lost .7 reputation??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the driver's reputation. If it's low, clean corners will affect their rep more, meaning he did enough clean corners to basically make up for what he lost due to incident points.

But I agree, driving like that and easily staying around 75 rep doesn't look fine to me.

8. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why reputation punishment if server crashes ?!
    Not my fault....

9. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    If server crashes, the results are not processed (and everybody on that server would be disconnected). It's more likely you were kicked for high ping, maybe somebody on the network was downloading/streaming something?

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it was a server crash or something else, but a month ago a server kicked everyone while switching from qual to race, results were available immediately and everyone got penalty for a disconnect. I can send you a PM with details if you're interested.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  11. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not that good.....

12. Thorrhot

Thorrhot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I notice that the servers are very empty compared to i ...., will the rating ultimately be used to meet people of the same level? because finally at 80 everyone is there so that does not change much this system. I don't want to invest in irac ... but the game is so empty that at the end you almost have to

13. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    They do ... kind of. EU weekly ranked is bronze = 75, silver 80/1600 and gold 85/1700. There's also bronze/silver daily long race.

14. Thorrhot

Thorrhot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok but I'm still on empty servers

15. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Which region? I'm in Oceania and have all but given up with them as they are always empty. Ping is too high for other regions.

16. Thorrhot

Thorrhot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    UE
    [QUOTE = "16sth, post: 220902, member: 22963"] Quelle région? Je suis en Océanie et j'ai presque abandonné avec eux car ils sont toujours vides. Le ping est trop élevé pour les autres régions. [/ QUOTE]

17. Divad Coldhourd

Divad Coldhourd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Something needs to be done about blue flags. 90% of the lapped cars don't let you by and even defend their positions.
    I and another guy had our battle for 1st place ruined by two lapped cars who refused to let us by at Laguna Seca.
    Otherwise I'll just start being super aggressive on track towards these guys and go even for the smallest gap I see instead of doing a clean overtake like I'm battling with someone for the place. I respect other cars on track, and when I got a blue flag I let everyone by as soon as it was safe to do so. I respect others on track and in the same way I want to be respected when I'm lapping someone and fighting for a place with another guy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Mandatory pits in long races ? Are working ? I have seen people not doing the pit stop or not changing any tyre and not being penalized.

19. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    They're working. Not all of the longer races have mandatory pit-stops, just necessary pit-stops. Which is something else entirely.

20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I don`t think any of the flags have any effect, unfortunately. They`re only for show; for example a yellow just tells you there`s been a crash; there`s no penalty for overtaking.

• Agree Agree x 2