Problem VR NOT WORKING WELL

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rayman55, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello , After update my mainboard bios (Aus Rog Strix Z390 E Gaming) whit latest bios (2004) that enable support for Nvidia Resizable Bar and update firmware for my RTX 3080 and install the latest nvidia drivers, RRRE , only when launched in VR, have a graphics quality similar to Playstation 1. Whitout VR the game works perfectly. I have tried to delete the graphics_option .xlm, change monitor resolution whit no result. I reinstalll from ground RRRE and same problem. My PC and Headset (HP reverb G1, SS set to 100) works perfectly in all my other driving simulation (IR, AC, ACC, Rfactor2). Any suggestion ???

Attached Files:

2. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Downgrade Nvidia drivers whit older version whit no support for resizable bar : problem not resolved.
    Firmware update for my 3080 is probably the source of trouble.
    Dev, please look into it.

3. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump
    Does any programmer have any ideas that could explain my problem?

4. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump for Thomas Jansen

5. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am the only one in this forum whit an RTX 30XX that have update the graphics firmare and mainboard bios and installed latest Nvidia drivers for enable Resizable bar????
    Anyone have a configuration similar to mine that is working???

6. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As a customer who has bought pretty much everything the developers have released, I would expect some support from them.

7. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    game uninstalled and .. forgotten forever

8. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm aware the resizable bar is only enabled with certain games & i don't think RRE is one of them. I have a 3090& do not have the issue you have in vr.

9. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering Neil.
    Yes, I know that the resizable bar is only active in some games (the so-called NVidia white list).
    My problem is that before updating my 3080's Vbios and my motherboard's Bios, RRRE worked fine in VR. Have you also updated the Vbios of your 3090 and your motherboard to enable the resizable bar ?.

I'm not talking about Nvidia drivers as even installing older versions my problem remains.
    In my other simulations (Rfactor2, AC, Iracing) everything is ok as before.

10. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have updated bios & enabled it. I have gigabyte Aorus pro x570. It almost seems like the pixel density is messed up. I would check the per game setting for PD in steam VR.

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    From the picture it looks like a heavily downsampled image. Maybe some app-specific setting got messed up somewhere in the driver or in the VR settings?

12. Rayman55

Rayman55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes guys, tihe image seem an image heavily downsampled, but in Steam Vr SS is set to 100. I try 150, 200, 50 too and hothing change. I change too the general SS (not for application) whitout any result.
    I reinstalle Steam VR, reinstalled the game, downgrade Nvidia drivers.
    I have no other ideas:(

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  14. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    do you have the app FPSvr? could you install this & take screen shot of the info it shows?