Question Invalid Lap Penalty?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    penalty.jpg

What did I do? I can't see the penalty that AI gave me in a race Sunday morning. I would like the officials to show me and explain to me and others. I looked at the replay and it looks like a perfect lap (did not run off, hit anything, no one hit me, started with the others, crossed the finish line etc and parked in the pits. Look at replay video in my account. I can't see anything. Can you show me? If I get penalties I do not understand I go the replays to learn.

Replay video marked

25/4/2021 11:34:54 at Suzuka east coarse

Asking the an education

Thanks guys

"Nash"

Thanks guys

"Nash"

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    OK...

1. There is no replay "in your account". A replay exists only on your harddrive - assumed you didn't switch off recording of replays. So if you want anybody to watch it, you will have to either record it to a video and upload this video to YouTube or just share the replay file itself.

2. You really make this fuss about 1 (ONE!!!) single incident point? Just go racing and have fun instead of hiding in the pits and worrying about single incidents. ;) If you get hit, at least you know exactly where the incidents came from... :D

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Arthur, Thanks for the info about the replays. Not making a fuss. Trying to learn were I went wrong. I am sure someone as a record of the race. What do officials look and do if there is a protest? I am having fun learning RRE. A person that want's to learn asks questions on something he or she want's to learn and does not understand. I wanted to learn Ranking so I put my little ole 12 dollars USD down for a starter pack. Read the rules, could not find anything on challenging a race. They should have something on challenging and videos to look at. I am not challenging, I'll take the one point. But if I don't have some details on why, I might keep on making the same mistake. I just could not see in the video were it was a invalid lap. I am hoping someone just can show me were the lap was invalid.

Thanks again Arthur

"Nash"

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Happen again at Suzuka. Same entering the pit on the first lap. Went a run at Laguna Seca entered the pit on the first lap, no invalid lap penalty there. Different rules at Suzuka?

"Nash"

5. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I really think you are over-thinking all this stuff a bit.

I see it that way, that the ranked servers are mostly a fun endeavour. And while they present a target to aim for with ranking and reputation, you shouldn't take it too serious. You will always gain some, then lose some. If you are too serious about the ranking and reputation, you will most probably not get very happy with the ranked servers. Take it easy instead. If you want to be more serious, I really advise you to join a league.

Keep in mind, the rookie servers have no restrictions whatsoever to join and the bar for most of the other servers is really not very high. At some point you will always end up having to deal with idiots. If this bothers you so much that you prefer to hide in the pits, I don't see you having a lot of fun there.

Regarding your question for "officials" and "protests" and stuff like this...well, the officials are the devs. If you encountered a really bad intentional wrecker, share your replay file with one of them and if they deem any action appropriate, they will take it. But keep in mind that supervising the ranked servers is not their main job and they are very few and still have to bring RaceRoom forward with features and content. So they can't deal with every little door-to-door-contact, only the really bad cases are report-worthy. Otherwise they would need to hire staff just to do this, which in turn would mean the ranked servers couldn't be free anymore, you would need to pay an entry fee.

And finally regarding your case of the outrageous :D incident points. I haven't seen the replay, so can't be sure - maybe you just clipped some overly strict cut-detection at pit entry or something. But you could as well have found a bug. Maybe the server log contains some information, but it's really up to the devs to examine this. Without even seeing the replay, we "normal" players know nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I believe I did find a bug at the entrance of pit road of Suzuka east coarse.

Thanks Arthur

"Nash"

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yap, it's clearly a bug at Suzuka east coarse. I ran it in Championship and at the entrance of pit road it tell's me I cut the track. Some of you guys try it. Run Championship, make sure your penalties are on before you start. Start like a normal race. Go around and pit the first lap. And it sure tell you that you cut the track.

"Nash"

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    PS: The car I am using is Canhard R52 Red & White #30

"Nash"

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Couple of bits of advice , when running championships and races in single player mode set flags to visualand no penalties , as the ai wont serve a penalty for stuff but you will , with the flags set to visual ,and the no penaltoes you still get notified but not punished

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Andy, Thanks for the info. I was trying to show Devs and others a bug at the entrance of the pit at Suzuka east coarse in ranked multiplayer. The same bug is in Championship at Suzuka. So I told everyone if they wanted to know and understand what I was talking about. All they had to do was check it out in Championship. Then they would understand the bug in ranked racing in multiplayer.

Thanks again Andy

"Nash"

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you're taking the right way into the pits? I believe you need to turn right where there's a gap in the white line at 0:05:

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    0.0575.jpg
    2enter50.jpg
    enter150.jpg enter250.jpg

Majuh, I don't understand. Do I take the road next to the guardrail or the one under the ferris wheel (pic 2)? They both give me penalties.

"Nash"

13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Same for me, both entrances trigger "off track" message.

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, Maybe when they get round to fixing it, They will name the software patch after me. "The Nash patch". Always wanted a software patch name after me. I can cross that off my bucket list.

Have a good day Rader

"Nash"

• Like Like x 1
  15. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

This is the kind of answer that... well it just doesn't help... the OP wants to understand, and the answer he gets is .. Pfft Don;t worry, just race." ????

So yeah... when a user tries to get help understanding, getting told what he is being told above... yeah.. not cool...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Take your salt somewhere else please. If you had actually read, you might have noticed that I tried to help him understand what's going on.

17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

You said "I see it that way, that the ranked servers are mostly a fun endeavour. And while they present a target to aim for with ranking and reputation, you shouldn't take it too serious."

So basically everyone should think like you.... smh

18. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    While it's quite hard for anybody to get on my ignore list, you Sir are the second member of this forum to have achieved this. Congratulations! Now i can happily look forward to less salt on my screen... :cool:

19. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Elitism

it's a sad thing to see... Note that the above poster has dictated to someone else how they ought to think about the game, then blocks me when I challenge them on it... My salt?

20. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    People should remember that they can learn from different points of view. When someone has a different point of view, I feel that what can I learn out of this different point of view. I have to wear thick skin and understanding if I am going to read and write in forums and to get along in life. Specially when this forum has so many people from different countries, cultures, languages, etc, etc. People just learning english may not understand the english ways, slang, fun or teasing etc. Just like my reply # 14. In this thread, Arthur was voicing his point of view to all of the forum community. At lease that is how I took it.

To Arthur, J. and all of my other misfits. Thanks for your help, points of view in answering my threads. Keep on voicing your point of view.

"Nash"

• Like Like x 1