App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    We are working on a Mod that will allow us to show the Rating and Rep for drivers on the display. Once we have the code worked out and operating smoothly, we will make it available to all.

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    No it's not a bug, on race 2 the server was set for laps instead of minutes.
    We habe the same issue on a multi race we do live on Thursday, that is not an issue since I'm controlling the action,but when I re-enable the auto director function at any point it goes to 4th place and stays there.

3. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    How can i change the possition of the tower, please?

4. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The "Director Suggestions" button is useful in identifying this bug. Pressing it shows the "weights" of why the auto-director picks a specific car. When the bug is present, the parameter "FocusOnPoleDuringRaceStart" has a value of 30 and never gets cleared. I assume this parameter should be cleared sometime after the race starts, but sometimes, it persists for the whole race. I did not have this issue in the previous 3 versions (1.9.4, 1.9.3, 1.9.2). Also, the bug does not occur all the time. I've connected to many random races and did not experience the issue. Whenever my racing group races though, I've had the issue every time. I can't confirm, but think the bug might only be present if you are doing a set number of laps (as opposed to a timed race). Maybe the threshold/trigger that is supposed to clear that parameter is expecting a specific amount of race time to have elapsed, but that variable is presented in number of laps instead. Hope this helps in tracking down the root cause.

Edit: I didn't have the issue in previous versions because we were running timed races.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Actually now that you mentioned it. It could 100% be related to laps versus duration ( minutes) the thursday race is on laps.

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Use the proper user interface, instead of that dated old one. (Change it in the options.) It gives far more useful information and is much clearer and easier to use.

Go to R3E-Reality-1.9.5\assets\components\widgets\multiclassStandings, open multiclassStandings.flat, and adjust the position settings.

7. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, this is what I meant. The autodirector checks if it is the first xx seconds of the race which remains true (false positive) on lap races..

8. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Also note that the ratings and reputations are now available for all developers, so there is a big chance it will be included in the next version ()

• Like Like x 1
  9. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I found the parameter & function in the \public\ui.js file. I think a check needs to be done to see if the UI.state.sessionInfo.timeTotal =-1, and that will tell you it is a lap race. Maybe the UI.state.sessionInfo.phase could be checked for "START", although I don't know how long that phase is reported (just until lights out, up to the end of the first sector, or first lap???). Also, I noticed that the timeTotal is converted to minutes, but the timeLeft is subtracted from it in "seconds". I assume they should both stay as seconds. For now, I suppose I'll just comment-out the line that increments the score by 30 until a fix has been made. Thanks to everyone who works on this! Let us know when it can/has been fixed.

10. C 5WNE

C 5WNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    finally got broadcast mode to work after a few technical difficulties.

Only issue i have now is when i click over to 2nd screen to select a driver, RR decides to minimise on my main main screen. Is there a solution to stop this ?

11. C 5WNE

C 5WNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to change the 2 logos, top left and top right ?

12. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

Yes... you can replace the files with similar and that are named the same.

Look in the Reality dir for the file "Logo-Overlay.png" .. copy this to another location. import into editing software of right mouse on it and chose properties to get the right size and dpi settings. Create your own logo file, name it Logo-Overlay.png and put it back where you found it in the reality directory structure.

The other file you may want to change out is name raceroom.jpg .. follow the same procedure.

Good Luck!

13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The file is in assets\components\widgets\logoOverlay\flat. All you need to do is open it in any image editor, draw straight over the top, and save it using the same name. Literally no need to move it anywhere else or check it's properties for the right size... you're replacing it anyway.

Actually, there is built in support for having multiple sponsor logos, so no need to mess about. You create your own logo at 300x80, drop it into public\img\sponsors, and then open your theme file and change the following line to whatever you called the file:

// sponsors logo
    @sponsorLogo: url(img/sponsors/YOUR_FILE.jpg);

So you can have multiple themes all using different logos without having to change the image every time.

14. C 5WNE

C 5WNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So the logo above the race positions during race is the logoOverlay/flat ?

15. C 5WNE

C 5WNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All sorted, thank you for the help guys. Much appreciated

16. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    May have missed htis in the threads, is ther a reason to start a spectate during Practice, or are we able to spectate a race-in-progress?

17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    You can join a race at any stage when in Spectate mode.

(*Note that R3 did just add a switch for the server host that would gateway access to spectate mode. so it is possible that some servers will not accept you as spectator)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    NODE! That's the magic sauce, the node(js) server needs to be opened in the firewall; cheers man.

General questions, been through the posts this time:
    Cockpit and Dash Cam aren't working for any cars;
    Can't see an option for helicam.

Anyone able to advise?

19. Jixxer_GT

Jixxer_GT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also struggling to find the option for action/heli camera views if anyone can help... Thx!

20. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This is not obvious...

First off, go into your R3 setting and look at the Camera Control key bindings... I use the num-pad 4,6 are L/R - 8,2 are fwd and back - 1,3 are up and down... In replay mode this can allow you to move to where ever you want, but also can come into play in Free Cam mode when observing a race live..

annnnywho... to get into Heli mode.. click once on the R3 display you are watching. (Assuming you are using dual monitors) This will put you in keyboard control mode(sort-of) Once that is activated you can cycle through the overview director modes by tapping the End key ... you will note that Ins,Del,PgUp and PgDn will also cycle between the modes... getting out of this mode can be tricky, and it means cycling the end key back to the base setting and the the web based control will work again.

Good Luck
    YMMV/IANAL
    Consult your doctor before taking or changing medications.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2021