HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: Deleted cause of missing Context, caused by removed Messages from Moderators
    Moo,
    Otter

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  2. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: Deleted cause of missing Context, caused by removed Messages from Moderators

3. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That did it. Thanks again.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean https://otterhud.github.io/? This is literally the ingame HUD you're looking at there... You're not supposed to open that link in a browser.

6. RedMajestic

RedMajestic New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the new HUD is perfect as it is right now. Now you can see your last laptime (not just for a couple of seconds), electronics and even the reputuation. Awesome Work! Thank you for the effort.

Edit: unfortunately i don´t have paypal, maybe there is another way to donate something

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    In the first post is a Spoiler „how to use it“ which shows every needed step.

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Here we go People!

OtterHud version 1.2 is now LIVE

Final Changelog:

GENERAL
    • Data updated for the missing Cars since v1.17
    • Complete rework of the Settings Page for better visibility and rearrangement for gaining space
    • Hotkey SHIFT+DOWNARROW (Which was reset Layout previous) is used for turning ON/OFF the Widgets-Test-Mode from now on
    • "SHOW ALL WIDGETS" got renamed to "WIDGETS-TEST-MODE" for better understanding the purpose
      It will now show a warning when enabled, to disable it again in the Settings or by pressing SHIFT+DOWNARROW
    • A Warning will now be shown when a User paused the UI by pressing SHIFT+SPACEBAR
    • When WIDGETS-TEST-MODE is active, all Widgets will show something for their options now
      Sou you can immediately see what would be shown or not from the option selected
    • HUD Icons, such as Settings/Eye(Visible/L1/L2/L3 will now only be shown if you move your Mouse for a certain Distance
      This will hopefully solve the appearing Icons for some Drivers, when their Rig/Table is shaking a bit, which results in a slight Mouse movement
    • Resetting a complete Layout, in the Settings Menu, will now ask you to confirm the reset by clicking the button again - Should prevent accidently resetting of Layouts
    • Each Widget can now also be reset to Default, individually!
    • Layouts can now be copied/shared!
      Select the Layout you want to copy/share and press SHIFT+F1, this will copy the Layout-Settings to your Clipboard.
      You can now paste that wherever you want. In a Message to a Friend, to a Text file or just to another Layout
      To copy it to another Layout, just select the Layout and then "Paste" the Layout-Settings by pressing CTRL+V (STRG+V)
      If you send the Layout to a Friend, he only needs to select the full text and then do the above to save it to a Layout
    • On GRID-FORMATION the Hud will pause itself now, showing a timer when the Race will be forced to start
      This should prevents the blinking in the beginning
      Once the Grid is formed the HUd will show as usual, so you wont miss the Starting Lights - Dont worry :)
    • German Translation updated
    • Added Portuguese Translation - By Ricardo V. Soares, thanks Buddy!
    • Various cleanup/testing/debugging to get all the new features in, while not killing the Performance, and remove some of the reported misbehaviour of the HUD

WIDGETS UPDATES

Track Info

• Track/Layout/Corner Names update for new Content since 1.17
    Fuel
    • Per Lap is now showing 2 decimals
    • Total Fuel left is now showing 1 decimal
    Race Info (Still not a viable replacement for Game Essentials as it cant show the SlowDown time in numbers, due to lacking Data in the API (sorry)
    • Will show Penalty Reasons now
    • Will show you how many laps you have left to serve a Stop&Go or DriveThrough Penalty
    • Will show changes to Car Electronics, like Engine Map, Traction Control, Brake Bias
    • Will show a message if you requested a Pit-Stop
    • Removed the Fuel Warning
    Inputs
    • Update rate for this Widget is always highest to have a smoother look on lower performance setting
    • Old Round steering Wheel got replaced with a more modern variant
    • Show Numbers - You can show the raw input numbers of your pedals now
    Motec
    • Blinking for Activated Pit-Limiter will only show if the Engine is running
    • Show Electronics - This will show the current set values for: Engine Map, Engine Breaking, Traction Control and Brake Bias - If available (Player Car only)
      For this the Gear Font and size was changed, the size will be larger if no Electronics are shown
    Overtaking Aids
    • Completely redone this Widget
    • Design was changed so it now is a Single Box that will show DRS & P2P if the Car supports it
      This was needed to show both, DRS & P2P, for the DTM 2020 Class
      And to be fair the old one was a mess for positioning...
    Pitstop
    • Adressed the Minimum Pitstop time
      If there is a minimum Pitstop Time set on the Server, it will show this with higher priority then Pitstop Time Remaining
    • Changed the Pit-Window display to a fixed Position on the top Right
      It will be shown in the same Colors now as the Display from the TV-Tower Widget
    Position Bar
    • Session-Time info was changed to the same look as the TV-Tower to better match the overall look
    • If a Mandatory-Pit is needed in the current Race, a color Indicator will now be shown left side of the Driver Names once the Pit-Window is open
      Red: Mandatory-Pit not served yet
      Green: Mandatory-Pit served
    • Show Strength of Field - Will show the SoF (Average Rating of all Drivers) - Only available in Multiplayer
    • Show Last-Lap - Will show your Last-Lap - Colors change if Personal/Class/Overall Best
    • Show Best-Lap - Will show your Best-Lap in the current Session (not saved)
    • Show Incident-Points - Will show the current Incident Points and the maximum allowed on Server
      Turns Red when reached 90% of the allowed Incident Points
      Only available in Multiplayer
    • Show Pit-Times - This will show Timers for each Driver when they enter the Pits (Race Session only)
      PIT-label Background reflects the state as follow
      Blue: Driver entered the pits - First timer will show/start for total time in pits
      Red: Driver stopped on spot - Second timer will show/start for total stop time (Will turn green when Driver accelerates)
      Green: Driver completed the Stop and is Driving towards Pit-Exit
      BLANK: Driver left the Pits - Total time and Stop time will be shown for 7.5 seconds
    • Auto-Hde Pit-Times - Pit-Times will disappear after 7.5s once the Driver did exit the Pits
    • Show Last-Lap-Times - Will show each Drivers Last-Lap-Time for 10 seconds under his name, when crossing the finish line
    Relative
    • Completely redone this Widget
    • Alignment of Elements is more accurate for better look - Specially when turning on/off elements shown
    • Names will not be cut off anymore on the lower part, so a "y" does not look like a "u" anymore
    • Show UserId of Current Driver - This changed to "Show UserId of Drivers" and will now show the UserId of all Drivers in the Relative
    • Show Ranking Data - Will show the current Rating/Reputation of each Driver in the Relative - Only available in Multiplayer
      The "INVERT" option will invert the used Colors
    Spotting
    • Renamed to: Spotting / Radar - English ppl get confused so easily o_O
    • Warning Sound volume boosted to a way higher Level
    • Volume slider added - You can adjust the volume now from 10-100%
    • Increased the Range for shown Cars in Proximity
    • Radar will only show Cars that are on the same Part of the Track
      This means, if youre in the PIT-Lane it will not show Cars passing by outside the PIT-Lane and vice versa
      It will also not show Cars anymore that pass close by on another part of the Track, like Norisring
      where Cars pass in close proximity on the other side of the Barrier
    • Warn Front - By default the Spotting app will not show Cars in front of the Driver anymore, as it is not really needed
      With this option enabled you can regain that functionality
    Tires
    • Regarding the Tire-Flatspots
      Unfortunately there is no reliable way of showing the actual Condition of the Tire
      As i mentioned before the API only reflects a "flatspot = 1" if the specific part of the tire is touching the Track
      Once it passed it goes to 0 again until the next rotation, or another flatspotted part of the Tire
      Problem here is the needed updates to check that Number all the time
      From a certain point of rotations per second, this number would be needed to check impossible fast, it would kill any performance
      And a simple "yep there is a flatspot but i dunno how bad it is" seems a information noone needs.
    • Tire-Puncture indicator - Tire will blink Red if you have a Puncture - When "Show Inner & Outer" is enabled, it shows a Picture
    TV Tower
    • Show Pit-Window Info - This will show/hide the relevant Pit-Window informations
    • Show Pit-Times - See Position Bar
    • Auto-Hide Pit-Times - See Position Bar
    • Show Last-Lap-Times - See Position Bar
    • Show Ranking Data - See Relative
    • Show Incident Points - Will show the current number of Incidents and the maximum allowed on Server, for 5 seconds when the counter raises
    Position Bar / TV Tower / Relative
    • Relative timings changed massive!

The Relative timings are now calculated from stored Lap-Data
      Each Track/Layout was lapped with a Porsche GT3 Cup, as it is somewhere "In the middle" of the Performance-Index
      This Lap-Data is now used to calculate time differences between the Cars
      Once the Player completes a valid Lap on his own, for the current Track/Layout-Car Combination, that data will be used instead
      This results in way more accurate and stable relative times
      The User's Lap is only stored in the Memory, so it is lost once the HUD shuts down.
      As example in SinglePlayer, when you hit ESC to pause the Game, or in Multiplayer when you go back to the Garage
      When the User-Data is lost this way it falls back to the default stored Data instead
      (Driving each Track & Layout for this was very time consuming, but hey i got better with the GT3 Cup ^^)
    --------------------------------------------------- CHANGELOG END ---------------------------------------------------

From now on the full Changelog will be shown in the Game.
    It will automatically open first time you get into the Game, once i pushed the update.

Thanks to all the testers for the dev branch - We had in total almost 6000 hits on the dev version!
    A few minor changes have been made since, and no Major bugs where reported during the test-phase since 24th April
    Be aware that the DEV branch will be shutdown from now on, so for all the testers:
    Revert your startup paramter to the standard url again!

Updated the first post also!

As always if you encounter any sort of problems, feel free to post here.
    Also for suggestions about new/missing stuff, keep posting.
    If i dont Answer here, be sure that i always read the posts, but sometimes just can't answer due to Real life and Work!

Hope you like the update, enjoy!

Moo,
    Otter

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Again: You're literally looking at the ingame HUD there. This is not a project page. This URL is inserted into the game via the Steam launch parameter. The game loads this URL and the page shows up as a transparent overlay on top of the game. This box just shows you ingame that you need to run dash.exe so the ingame HUD can receive the shared memory data.

Fun fact: Just open the page in the browser, run dash.exe, start the game and start driving. You can then Alt+Tab back to your browser to see what happens there.

10. CA1965

CA1965 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The new dashboard 1.2 worked for me for one race, but now I'm getting a blank screen? I downloaded what I thought was a new dash.exe, but it looks like it may be the old one. Is there a new one?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  11. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to avoid the blinking of the "helicorsa" radar? It's pretty annoying that the red car blinks so much

12. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Got a old school font in Gear indicator and lap messages, which I did not have in earlier version.is there a setting for that?

13. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Can you post your startup parameter?

What you mean by "blinking"?

Font for Gear got changed to better fit the new Electronics but still have a good visual Indicator for the Gear
    The Font for the Race Info, is the same that Sector3 uses for their original messages

14. CA1965

CA1965 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https:// otterhud.github.io/ (ignore the space before otterhud - the forum won't let me post links!)
    dash.exe is dated 6/12/2019 downloaded from github

15. kulakon

kulakon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

and me, running from CrewChief same parameter as CA1965. Tried using dash.exe, same result - blank screen,

16. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    That dash.exe is fine
    But we found something, as some other Drivers reported a disappearing HUD
    Somehow, not for all, but for some Drivers, the stored values in the localdb got corrupted

To fix:
    Close the game, then go to this location:
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache\Local Storage\
    delete the folder "leveldb"

This should bring back the HUD on the next launch.
    Sorry for the trouble, but it never showed up on testing!
    Still trying to replicate the issue

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
  17. CA1965

CA1965 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fixed, that's great, thanks for the quick turnaround! V1.2 looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  18. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    not sure if this is an issue but your instructions say to use

-webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

but the steam properties image has -webdev in front of the phrase

19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    That's only a old needed parameter, i will fix the picture, thanks for the reminder!

20. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    hi just used the new version in a ranked race and the estimated position kept saying position 1 - now I know in my head I'm always first but trust me I wasn't in this race ;), so it didn't seem to be returning the correct information