Question Teach me ranking incidents definitions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I was checking incident points on my profile in my browser. I found the little black caveat box on
    Friday April 9th 2021 at 08:17:19 states 1X: Vehicle (4 points). The Question is, what does it mean by "vehicle" in incident points? See Pix.
    Incident points.jpg

Thanks "Nash"

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    contact with other vehicle (keep in mind that light taps usually dont trigger that)

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks FeltHλt
    "Nash"

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I have some questions too.
    What does "lost control" mean without any other penalties? You spun out on your own but didn't leave the track?
    What's the difference between "Invalid lap" and "Track"? These look like the same thing: if you leave the track, you get your lap invalidated.

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, I don't know if you are talking to me or in general to the Forum community. I only started "ranking" on the 6th of April and trying to learn ranking and definitions also. It would be nice if the developers of RRE would have a dictionary of ranking definitions that the drivers would see in that little caveat black box. But, they are kind enough to answer our most basic questions. Good luck to all of us.

"Nash"

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I decided to use this thread to ask some other questions on the same topic.

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What does track mean or cover?

track.jpg

8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Track limit. Going too wide or cut. As far as I know.

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You should start using the search function
    AFAIK those are current incidents. Offtrack and invalid lap were seperate, but now they are the same as an offtrack invalidates the lap.

0 Vehicle contact,
    1 Track contact (like hitting a wall),
    2 WrongWay,
    3 OffTrack,
    4 Stationary,
    5 LosingControl,
    6 InvalidLap,
    7 NonServedPenalty,
    8 Disconnect,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yoori, Maybe you are right. Maybe we are lazy. But, knowing human nature, people like to talk and find a reason to say something to interact with other people.

Thanks Guys

"Nash"

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they are the same, however "Invalid lap" and "Track" penalty points are NOT the same. You can have one or the other or different numbers of both. You can have more Invalid lap instances than Track and you can have it the other way around.

So, what exactly do they mean? My question still stands. I can only guess that Invalid lap only means your lap was invalidated while Track means your lap was invalidated and a track cut was detected (the one where you have to give X amount of time back by slowing down).

12. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I've literally written that Track means contact with a track object like hitting a wall.
    Theoretically you are able to be in track limits and get a Track penalty(Bathurst).

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What is a disconnect penalty. What did I do? I do not believe I disconnected from the game or Internet. I do not understand.

Disconnect.jpg

"Nash"

14. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    It can also mean a disqualification (if you go over the session's incident limit).

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    You'll get this penalty even you didn't disconnect manually, but were disconnected from the server because of some technical issues. Did it happen? Like, a qualification ended and instead of moving forward to the race phase you were booted to the main menu. Or you were driving in a race and was disconnected.

16. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nothing, just seem like a normal race. When I looked into my profile ranked multiplayer stats to review the race, I found it. I couldn't understand. I know I didn't DQed because you're thrown out of the race and you know that. I left the normal way at the end. Now what happen between me and the servers I would not know. Now because of my office computer, I do have some freeze frame problems, but that's normal for me. Maybe one of my freeze frames was a disconnect. That's the only thing I can think of.

"Nash"

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. If it would've been a freeze you would've disconnect before the race end.

First a stupid question so forgive me. Did you actually cross the start/finish line before exiting? or did you exit when the race finish countdown started?

The second question is did you wait for the results screen to show up? I think there was this issue earlier that people who exit right after crossing the line were getting the penalty.

18. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    yoori, That is not a stupid question. The only stupid question is the question not ask or a thought not processed (when people say "I didn't think of that"). I ran 13 races Sunday the 9th. That was my 8th race of the day. If you exit before the "position bar" at the top of the monitor states "finish" in your position (center of the position bar), wouldn't the game give you a DNF? It is something that might show up in the log. I normally stay in the game until the game takes me out after the timer as counted down all the way and we get the finishing results of the race. I like to see how I ended up. I just can't recall that particular race.

"Nash"

19. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Lixma, I didn't know a if you DQed, the game calls it a disconnect. I have never DQed out of a ranked race.

"Nash"

20. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, I just remember something like that did happen Sunday. Witch race I just can't recall. I remember "What is going on". I was afraid and mad I would miss the race or the game kick me out. I think I just went back in. I reread reply # 15.

"Nash"

Last edited: May 10, 2021