Possibility to make Raceroom more popular!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zackmchack, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Guess I wasn't entirely correct. I found out you can't use the discontinued GT3 cars on the current ranked servers. This doesn't look good for sure.

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It looks great. It is a discontinued content that is no longer availabe for sale. You are able to use it in single player mode or on any server you or other want to create,

In competitive scenarios like ranked or competitions organisers should provide equal conditions for everyone. If not everyone can use certain car than it cannot be availabe. It's simple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    They are available in competitions.

I agree about equal conditions being important, but the fact that this all is paid content, not just availability as in click and play, is also important and not something to shrug off easily, especially when none of these cars dominate on any track and therefore aren't a threat to those who don't own them - they have access to better cars anyway.

4. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Just one comment, are discontinued cars updated to the latest physics. If not, then they could well be faster than cars that are running on the latest physics. Physics updates do not always make the cars faster, sometimes they are slower, in some cases (DTM92, Touring Classics for example) considerably so.

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom popularity boost is done by advertising. This can suck people in. Then, the content and online servers would become more populated. Talking about online racing, if Raceroom could come up with some attractive concept/ idea it would shine in no time. Currently there is very little happening. Most servers are empty. Very poor.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they are updated: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...cs-ai-status-lookup-updated-20-03-2021.15151/
    Like I said, you can still use them in competitions and leaderboards and see their laptimes if someone used them; they aren't winning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Joakim Tärnström

Joakim Tärnström Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I came to Raceroom because of YouTube videos. Influential people posting their race videos has to be a great way of advertising if not the greatest. As for small grids online, most servers seem to (the ones I have raced) run one track. Cut down on the amount of ranked servers, make sure they rotate the tracks (and make sure all tracks are available online. If you want them offline, you have to pay).

8. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    A few friends and me diskuss this yesterday "How to bring more ppl to R³E and our Server"
    We remember cool things on older Simracing games like GTR Evolution,GTR²,GTL and so.
    Things like MOD Support
    We remember the great Cars you can add on Servers like Weissbierbude Golf 1 16v for example
    and others coll stuff the engine fire Mod with awesome looking flames and so many more.
    We are missing old cars contend like more 1992 -2000 DTM for example Alfa Romeo 155DTM was an Ikon or old Group 2 cars.
    If you want to drive cars like this you have to play AC but i never liked AC.
    So my friends and me hope that add more older skilled driving cars and they switch to a newer engine as this engine is not state of the art any more.https://steamcommunity.com/profiles...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am not a big fan of MODS because I could easily get lost in endless modding options and never get to know the actual original content.
    Switching to a newer engine would result in a whole new game full of bugs and fixes. Probably years of work will be needed even after the initial release. Take a look at the ACC or AMS2. It has been 1 or 2 years since the release and still fixing. Raceroom is pretty much maxed out, the most stable and still have a few imperfections.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hey Turtle
    I know what you mean with the ultra Mod everything Bullshit me do not like this either.
    I play sims and shooter for 35 years now and saw a lot of crap Mods...omg sometimes.
    Like a mod where you can driving a naked guy around a race track in AC :confused:
    I mean real advanced Modding like a way for skilled people to create better stuff or small addons:
    More realistic paintjobs for all the old cars would be so sweet :rolleyes: (i still miss my HB Cigaretts AUDI GTO livers)
    Better exhaust flames
    Engine Fire!!!
    Better smoke
    Deeper AA
    More Rims from the real cars
    Better Headlights or Mod some textures+shaders to make the game look like a State of the Art game.
    GTr Evolution or Race07 for example was so good cos of its awesome Mods community stuff and Servers like Weissbierbude
    My self for example use ReShade+R3E Realism.mood and 2550x1440 to make the grafics more clearer,vivid,deeper and realistic.
    With ReShade I can make my R3E look a like AC² but it eats a lot FPS then 240 down to 140 FPS.
    Please don´t get me wrong i love Race Room otherwise i would not play it since 2013 every day :D
    This shows how good it is https://steamcharts.com/app/211500#All
    IF someone can make a good new Racing game then Sector³ Studios.
    I would go all the way again with Sector³ Studios through all the buggs and problems as they never ever disapointed me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Once this had been available but then had to be removed because of Audi licensing blabla.:(
    upload_2021-5-13_10-26-30.png

12. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    OMG you still have a pic of it....yeah and i guess if it was made by a moder it would be okay. so lame

13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    How do you expect devs make it possible to create modded content in a game that is free to play and big part of it's income is content sales. Should restaurants allow people to bring thier own food and drinks?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Super Easy Barely an Inconvenience
    Like in WW2 Sim War Thunder it is free to play and so
    The thing that i think sucks mostz is the Ranking Bullshit system atm.
    Yesterday 2 friend ask me to join a MP ranked game.
    But it is so broken you get point if someone hits you in the back? LOL
    Started from behind 27 after 2 rounds was on place 15 but then a fagot hit my car on purpose.
    By cutting corners like in destruction Derby
    HE hit me then right on my Porsche classic engine and thats it for me.
    My engine was gone only could left the game and now my rep is 65 ?? before i had 80
    GG Sector 3 GG
    LOL ranked o_O yeah never again the ranked bs till they will fix it.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    It's not just the pic ...;)
    Early buyers were allowed to keep the livery.

16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I think the ranking system in terms of penalties in RR need to change a bit. Sadly, for some reason, RR servers even with the higher Rep have the worst racers. I can't understand this

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I also still have it like @fischhaltefolie as I bought it on day one. If you paid for it, you were allowed to keep it. The same with the RUF GTR3, the "old" Porsche GT3 R and the WTCC Citroën.

But I have to burst your bubble on your guess regarding modding. The licenses of classic Audis are held by a special department of the company. And they are EXTREMELY picky regarding liveries allowed on their cars. They would never ever allow modded liveries on their licensed cars. And while I don't know why or how the additional liveries for the Audi 90 got into the store in the first place, this is the reason why they were pulled shortly after release.

Source: I had a brief conversation about this with J-F on Discord, he told me about this.

I'm not too pleased about the lack of custom liveries in RR myself, but I see the reasons and got kinda used to it. Companies are getting more and more aware of their representation in computer games and with it got stricter in pushing their interests as the license holders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    In the subject of liveries, since i'm not sponsored in any way, I don't need a livery, but I would still like to see my name on the car. In the end it's me racing it.

19. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Don't tell Audi about iRacing and Trading Paints then:

https://www.tradingpaints.com/showr...ter/from=everyone,sort=popular,ad=DESC,pos=24

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0