Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I think there's a misunderstanding, Second Monitor won't open the reports. Hitting the 'Open Last Report' just opens a fresh SM window with no information.

The Excel files in SM's reports folder are associated with Second Monitor (I don't have any other use for Excel files) and trying to open a report by double-clicking the actual file gives the same result.

[​IMG]

It says 'not connected' in the corner despite R3E running - don't know if that's relevant.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Currently not. Previously Am/Pro were used as regular classes, but this proved to be problematic, because in the context of the game it doesn't really matter. There is no performance difference between an AM and PRO cars, and players don't pick they cars with the pro/am split in mind.

For this the concept of cathegory needs to be implemented. Which is something I can do, but not sure how soon I will get to it, as for now it is purely an ACC thing.

Currently there is not a column for that. It should be fairly simple to add, as the information is there.

The app cannot view excel files. It cannot process excel files, and display them in the timing window. That's why it will just open a blank application, because basically what you're doing with associating excel files with the app is launching the app.

You need a dedicated excel file viewer for viewing the reports, i.e
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xls-viewer-free/9nblggh6hbf5

3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    So what is 'Open Last Report' meant to do?

4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It opens the last report file with the application associated to excel files in windows. So you don't have to manualy browse through the appropriate folders to get to that report.

5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh....(light bulb goes on) :)

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Secondmonitor......the best;)

7. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Crash today on raceroom

Attached Files:

• log.rar
      File size:
      169.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    That's weird, nothing in the log is indicating a crash. It looks like the application was forcefully terminated (killed process) by, something, as the log just..stops.

What exactly happened?

9. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    weird
    the application closed itself
    we forget
    this only happened once

10. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd love it if that was added, also car Number too would be great. I like to use second monitor when doing broadcasting as well as racing, the league I broadcast for use the classes which means having a tiered system with two podiums. Be great if I was able to easily see who is leading the classes.

Appreciate it's not a priority, but I'd love that feature.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  11. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Winzarten !
    Just happened to stumble across this monitoring program almost by accident. Had no idea it even existed until a couple of days ago. Bad research from my side I have to admit...
    Have tried it for just a brief moment now, and Oh boy, what an app! Just what I have been wanting for long now, and it provides even more than I could ever wish for! So congrats and a HUGE THANK YOU SIR for making this more than great accessory prog! It's just amazing! :blush:

Have bought and tried a bunch of different dash options to run on second and third monitors as well as on tablets and phones, and some of them really come in handy. But I was really missing a better suited app for, yes you guessed it, MORE race info in an orderly fashion on a Second Monitor without the things I need centre focused for the actual driving, like gears, speed etc etc. I was really missing the smart statistics and comprehensive data at the side during game, but that also won't disappear when game is over and provides very useful and very clear telemetry! I'm almost speechless, so let me simply conclude;
    Wow, just soo impressive!

Keep it up mate, and I will explore all the new features you just handed me. Almost like Christmas day! :mask::yum::sunglasses:
    Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out, few new things were added
    • "Gap to Previous" columns is now present in the column inventory. This shows the gap the previous driver in the grid.
    • It is now possible to sort "Aboslute by Class". This will group all drivers by class, order them by position within each class. Classes are ordered based on the position of the fastest driver in that class.
    • Howering over the pressure will now display the ideal hot pressure SecondMonitor_2021-05-16_17-12-53.png
    This is the value you have defined in the car settings window.
    SecondMonitor_2021-05-16_17-13-10.png

This is to be used in conjunction with the new checkbox - "Use Outer/Inner/Middle tyre temperatures to estimated ideal pressure". When checked, the app will try to compute the pressure required so the middle temperature sits inbetween the inner and outer. This is computed from the current tyre state (temperature and pressure), so the closer you're to the ideal pressure, the better the estimate will be.
    This will be the default mode for all new cars the app experiences in sims where this estimation of ideal pressure can be used - R3E, AMS, AMS2, PCars 2. The cars that already have settings stored need to be switched manually, as from the data I cannot tell if the user made some own modifications to those values.

This is still kinda WIP as the formula might require some tweaking.

• Like Like x 3
  13. bereklauw

bereklauw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great great great work and thank you so much. I have a guestion regarding the workload on the GPU while running this app. I've tried Simhub and some of the layouts requires a lot, so there is a fps drop when running the app.

Is this also the issue with your app? I've tried your app for a short time now and didn't notice any but maybe you can tell more regarding this.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This should have minimal load on GPU, as I explicitly disabled GPU acceleration on UI. This somewhat increases CPU usage, but that is rarely a limiting factor on racing sims.
    This can also be scaled down quite a lot by disabling stuff like pedal information, or non-temperature car information, or increasing the refresh delays on timing grid in options.

15. MrMaverickTV

MrMaverickTV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    how I connect the Second Monitor with a another Second Monitor and ACC on a pc That isn’t in the same network.
    I set up the tool like the instruction with broadcast Server etc but It only works with a pc on the same network.

can you give me the instruction?

thank you and congrats the tool is very nice!

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    For connecting to PC on another network you need to tunnel through (port forward) the router, and connect to the public IP of the other user.
    This is as much of a assist I can get you, because the required steps vary a lot based on router manufacturer and the way the internet provided has set-up its own network.

Also this isn't currently recommended if you hava a data cap, as the app is not optimized in any way to compress the data and uses quite a bit of bandiwth.

17. MrMaverickTV

MrMaverickTV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Winzarten.
    Can you tell me what ports I have to forward? Because I tested it with the 52642 port.

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Only the port defined in the settings should be used.

19. MrMaverickTV

MrMaverickTV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok I have tested it, but it doesn’t worked. I used the IP Adresse via search on myipadresse webpage. And the router that gives the Internet for the pc there is the broadcast server is configured with the port forwarding with port 52642
    Do you have any ideas ?

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will double check in code if there isn't any issue that other port is used... but other than that nope, networking realy isn't my thing.