Released 07-07-2015 Raceroom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Also check other settings. gfx config was reset by update process

2. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I have haven't experienced any perceptible change in FPS since the update. It did however take me a while to reset all my graphics options to the sweet spot settings i had found.

3. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    It is definitely shadows that eat my FPS too. Changing other settings have negligible effect on the FPS (car reflection of course low and I don't use motion blur ever), but shadows have a huge impact after the patch. I can pretty much max everything else on any given track, except shadows need to be low, car shadows and split off. With those settings I can have over 60FPS everywhere else (that I have tested so far), except a short drop to around 55FPS in Moscow back straight. I could probably keep shadows on medium on most tracks, but along with Moscow, at least Zolder had FPS drops here and there with medium. All this is again with i7-3930K@4.5GHz, 16GB, GTX780 3GB and Nvidia Surround with 6060x1080 res. I at some point I suspected that it is my VRAM, that is filling up with new shadows, but I doubt it as EVGA precision shows maximum 2.6GB or so consumed at these situations.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but I've made sure Full Screen is on, and I've set the GXF settings to what they was pre-patch, the only exception being shadows, which I have now actually lowered from High to Medium.

Beginning to think this could be a video ram issue. Maybe the new shadow code is using way more Vram than previously and is filling the 3GB frame buffer on my GPU. Just a guess, but the stuttering mess, I now experience racing on Zolder and Monza looks like a classic lack of Vram symptom. This is maybe why a lot of people aren't noticing this, as they are playing on a single screen and the extra Vram used, doesn't add up to much. Obviously, on a triple screen system and depending upon screen resolution, that amount can be multiplied by 3. This is just a theory and I could be completely wrong, but either way something is clearly not right here and I'm not the only one saying it.

Edit: The Grunt - Really didn't see that you mentioned it could be Vram too, until I had posted my message. Glad to see someone else shares that theory. Really think the look of the new shadows are not worth the trade off in performance at all and Sector 3 should spend some time massively optimising them.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Count me as another one who is having issues after the patch. I fired it up to play some Touring classics before the new stuff came . Before the patch, I had a good frame rate and was able to play but after the patch, low FPS and lots of stuttering. I have changed all my settings back to what they were pre-patch but it's still bad. The game also seems to be much darker than it was before at least for me. It's pretty much unplayable for me at ths point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yes there is definitely an issue here. I hope Sector 3 does the right thing and fixes this. If not, I won't be buying any new content for this game and will move on to something else.

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I have every confidence that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Really hope you're right.

9. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello ... Sector 3 sienpre great job but the porblema arrenglen FPS . thanks

10. mclarenteam

mclarenteam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    with High setting for shadow, now a huge frame drop on sector 2&3 of Circuit zolder, from 60 to 42 fps.
    Next one, when exiting game its randomly freeze display and not answering.

11. Nathan M

Nathan M New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Game ran faultlessly at high FPS rates prior to the latest update but sadly now at places like Bathurst i'm experiencing stuttering that is bad enough to effect my enjoyment playing the game. Perhaps even more frustratingly and possibly related is I now experience tiny stutters in the sound even if the actual visuals look like they aren't stuttering. Right now I don't want to play the game the way it is....so this needs to get fixed asap.

12. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The strange thing is that I too have FPS drop even if I have shadows off

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the Devs will fix the issues many of us are having, but this is the 2nd patch on the trot that has caused alot of problems, and stopped many of use even getting into the game, just wondering if the testing could be better before the patch release.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    My sentiments exactly. As I mentioned in a previous post, 2 updates in a row, which have caused major issues for me and other players. I'm now beginning to fear the repercussions, every time a new update is released and that should not be the case.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  15. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Yeha after the Patch the Dedicated Server gives out statistics in xml and json format. Thats pretty cool and will help to make statistics directly from the dedicated server.

I got one question , am i right that the dedi needs a minimum race of 5 minutes , which is completed from minimum one driver to create a xml and json file ?

I tested it and i made one session with 5minutes practice, 5 minutes quali and 5 minutes race. After finishing the race the server said that he created the two files in a folder .

Then i tested a second session with 0minutes practice, 10 minutes quali and 0 minutes Race ( there the dedi makes automaticly 5 minutes of race) . After the quali i stand at the starting grid after the lamps turn off i abort the race but the dedi didnt creates a xml or json file ?

At our league our goal is to make a prequalifikation to sort the grids like this example of our last Race07 race:
    http://simracing-tools.de/gtppro/tracker_race07/extensions/generateGrid.php

But to create a PQ list like this we only need stats from the quali session without a race session. So if i'm right that the dedi needs a race session to creates a xml and json file is there any option planned to get statistics without a race session ?

16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I've never had shadows on to begin with and I'm curious if you're noticing the game seems "dark" now. Before when I started a race in the morning or at noon, the game was far brighter. This will all get squared away soon I'm sure. S3S isn't Google or Apple,Microsoft, or another large software developer, so issues are to be expected at update time given the vast amount of PC hardware that's out there. They'll take care of it.

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Almost forgot about enjoyment : Can't Alt/Tab anymore when ingame ! (only via Taskmanager)

18. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same here, already had all shadows off because of reasonably old system (intel i7-3630QM CPU @ 2,40GHz, 8GB RAM, win8 x64, nvidea geforce gt 635M), but could get 60fps with mostly everything on low settings and no use of shadows before the last update.
    After the update, my frame rate almost got cut in half ( around 34fps). I know about the full screen and the resetting of the graphics options, have done all that. I reset everything like it was before ( can not get much lower ), the drop in fps is there!

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, yes noticed some stutter with my settings but also noticed that on medium settings there are more trackside objects added than before....will do an FPs test but seems still ok so far

20. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Noticed Paul Ricard circuit in my locations folder :) Any news when this will be going live?

• Like Like x 2